ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

dwoodward 08-24-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota (Post 16701472)
luck floats around in the air.

it is attracted to some people more than others.

so, if you find someone who is obviously a luck magnet, you should send him to buy you a lottery ticket.

The problem is when you try to trust on that when they've already sucked up and used all the good luck around them...

gelandestrasse 08-29-2011 10:08 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lIuc8axVtZ...0/img_2210.jpg

Ronin ADV 08-29-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gelandestrasse (Post 16738070)

At least the guy in back is on the right side. Maybe it's all that high vis stuff that's helping him keep control of the bike.

slartidbartfast 08-29-2011 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ww ronin (Post 16738420)
at least the guy in back is on the right side. Maybe it's all that high vis stuff that's helping him keep control of the bike.

Attachment 285564

BKREX 08-29-2011 05:37 PM

Wow. This is FAR worse than the original douche. This guy is a SUPERTOOL! The tapout stickers say SO much in this shot. I think the guy behind him is watching it disbelief not looking thru the turn.
This is a guy who needs to find out how dangerous trucks can be on that road.
Just amazing. Inexcusable.

klaviator 08-29-2011 07:46 PM

It is also possible that the guy on the white bike is passing the other bike which is going real slow. We really don't know what is going on based on that limited view. I have ridden Deal's Gap hundreds of times and there are curves where the view ahead is good enough to safely pass........despite the double yellow.

Savoir-Faire 08-29-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKREX (Post 16741243)
...This guy is a SUPERTOOL! The tapout stickers say SO much in this shot...

Beat me to it. It's high comedy to me how many people think wearing a tapout shirt means they're an ultimate fighter. Jackasses.

klaviator 08-30-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKREX (Post 16741243)
Wow. This is FAR worse than the original douche. This guy is a SUPERTOOL! The tapout stickers say SO much in this shot. I think the guy behind him is watching it disbelief not looking thru the turn.
This is a guy who needs to find out how dangerous trucks can be on that road.
Just amazing. Inexcusable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savoir-Faire (Post 16742611)
Beat me to it. It's high comedy to me how many people think wearing a tapout shirt means they're an ultimate fighter. Jackasses.

How about explaining to me exactly what the guy with the Tapout stickers is doing wrong. Please base your answer based on what is in the picture, not assumptions.

JimVonBaden 08-30-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaviator (Post 16744074)
How about explaining to me exactly what the guy with the Tapout stickers is doing wrong. Please base your answer based on what is in the picture, not assumptions.

:huh

Jim :brow

RichBeBe 08-30-2011 05:04 AM

Tapout helping the world identify assholes since 2007

MoBill 08-30-2011 05:21 AM

...need to take a pic outside the combatives orderly room here at Benning "in combat there is no tapout"....cue end of Private Ryan scene with the bayonet fight on the second floor of that house...Ugh. gives me chills...

Onto the point...those guys crossing the yellow---you rarely get to see things from their POV...likely clear sailing..."Fail" is about being upside down on this f-er, no?

:dunno

Colbycheese 08-30-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

I'd start with the tapout sticker.

I recall late 90's seeing a tapout sticker/shirt and you'd immediately think "hmm wonder where he trains...." now not so much.

SR1 08-30-2011 05:30 AM

I agree. He might be passing some slow-ass Hardley with a clear path ahead. I do it all the time (though I would be harder on the throttle than it looks like this guy is.)

LuciferMutt 08-30-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Wrong. Lane.

NJ-Brett 08-30-2011 06:54 AM

Without being able to tell much from the picture, I would say that to pass the other rider in the pix, he is too far out of his side of the road and/or going too fast in the middle of a turn while passing.
While the road has lots of curves, there are places other then right in the middle of one to pass.

I guess people go there to do this kind of riding, but its not safe.
Fine for the unsafe person if they want to risk it, not so fine for someone just riding and having a head on with some fool on the wrong side of the road in the middle of a sharp turn. Its not like it does not happen.

I suppose most people that go there know the risk they are taking.
The only time I was on the road was in a car, and it looked like a short cut on the map.
Traffic was light, and even with a sporty car, I kept the car on my side of the road at all times.

If some squid came through my windshield, I would have been annoyed.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:29 PM.