ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

NC Scott 12-02-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatherX (Post 17423245)
Really?

Have you been reading this thread ? :rofl

what about this kid on the st1300?


<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4VmX4NsUIE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>


I'm not sure what the OP's reason for posting this video were, but I think the fella with the camera is the one who was killed a few (months?) ago.

You may recall the recent topic of banning trucks on the Dragon and the related petition.

Again, no idea what the ST1300 had to do with anything.

Ogre_fl 12-02-2011 08:29 AM

I am not impressed.
He missed that clearly marked, Harley preferred, USA crashing spot arrow by a mile.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/Oger/crash.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/Oger/crash2.jpg

univibe88 12-02-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCrider (Post 17335761)
anyone just see the Hairy Bikers on History Channel tonight riding the Dragon :norton

I caught it last night and they looked like shit. Terrible lines, cutting corners. At least they wear full face helmets in that show.

opaque_machete 12-02-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by univibe88 (Post 17428304)
I caught it last night and they looked like shit. Terrible lines, cutting corners. At least they wear full face helmets in that show.

To hide their faces in shame, perhaps? :evil


Okay, I drop my bike a lot, but it's only when I'm standing still or walking it out of the shed, not while I'm riding it on a road!

Roam 12-02-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN (Post 17422254)
You'd think the guy in the road would have heard the bikes coming in enough time to GTF out of the way..

Loud pipes save lives!

RAGBrian 12-02-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reryder (Post 17426177)
Seems like all quiet on the Dragon lately, so:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

Look carefully and see its not just the HD rider doing inexplicable weird shit on an almost-not-even-a-bend.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_0b1FRmzUA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

Truth in advertising...NOT. :huh Nothing deadly about that crash.

:deal

deadĚly

adjective
1. causing or tending to cause death; fatal; lethal: a deadly poison.

FatherX 12-02-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 17427363)
I killed it after the 10th turn. :1drink

I didn't watch more than you D :freaky


Quote:

Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy (Post 17427863)
OMG you mean you didn't see his tire touch the center line once or twice, or how about the death defying cut inside the white line in that 25mph curve, This guy was a total lunatic and should immediately fork over his liscence.:lol3The guy filming was following way to closely and was a hazzard to everyone in the state and on top of that his monotone voice was irritating.Riders like this give us all a bad name.:evil

Zactly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Scott (Post 17427930)
I'm not sure what the OP's reason for posting this video were, but I think the fella with the camera is the one who was killed a few (months?) ago.

You may recall the recent topic of banning trucks on the Dragon and the related petition.

Again, no idea what the ST1300 had to do with anything.

I was just way under impressed with his lines, and was really surprised he made it through without getting clipped on the center line.


and we were due for a pic or two...

I can't believe you watched the whole thing :rofl...i watched 2 minutes , jumped to the last 2 and posted it.


Sorry if the lack of carnage bummed you out.:lol3

FlySniper 12-02-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAGBrian (Post 17430486)
Truth in advertising...NOT. :huh Nothing deadly about that crash.

:deal

deadĚly

adjective
1. causing or tending to cause death; fatal; lethal: a deadly poison.



How can you say this? The thing you just witnessed was the horrible snuffing out of pride.:lol3

GI_JO_NATHAN 12-02-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlySniper (Post 17431508)
How can you say this? The thing you just witnessed was the horrible snuffing out of pride.:lol3

I was thinking more like the death of some of the pirates chrome..

RAGBrian 12-02-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlySniper (Post 17431508)
How can you say this? The thing you just witnessed was the horrible snuffing out of pride.:lol3

Quote:

Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN (Post 17432585)
I was thinking more like the death of some of the pirates chrome..

:doh

I stand corrected! I was looking for some carnage. After watching that kid on the ST for some wreckage, I want to see it and see it quick!


:muutt

Carry On!

PFFOG 12-02-2011 07:44 PM

I think he was clearly trying to pick up the PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) can, clearly evident at about the 41 second mark, which caused his loss of control:D

DAKEZ 12-02-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam (Post 17428903)
Loud pipes save lives!

Parroted ignorant myths cost lives!

bwalsh 12-02-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam (Post 17428903)
Loud pipes save lives!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ
Parroted ignorant myths cost lives!

No one died so they weren't needed.

Griffin44 12-03-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADDIESHACK (Post 17435061)
dakez, how so? mike

Because when every moron loudly proclaims something as "fact" a person without the ability to assess the information independently (such as a noob) may rely on the "fact" to save their life and be sadly disappointed and probably dead at some point.

I.e. if you have heard experienced and "expert" riders proclaim that loud pipes save lives, you may equip your ride with loud pipes and presume they'll make you safe. If you have loud pipes to save you why would you have to drive with caution? Just wail away knowing your loud pipes will protect you - until someone lane changes into you because you weren't paying attention to their vehicle, they couldn't hear you because you were going fast and now you're dead.

baloneyskin daddy 12-03-2011 02:11 PM

Nobody said who's life would be saved.:evil


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014