ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

Blur 12-09-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakota (Post 17484818)
Blur
why you looking for T&A in that picture?

The "T" is right there on the truck and the "A" is right there on the leathers.
Just trying to keep my fellow inmates from getting banned.

:D

Idle 12-09-2011 09:10 PM

Was reading this for shlitz n giggles at barnes un-noble yesterday.

Maximum Control How to handle your heavyweight bike. I kept seeng pics that reminded me of this tread.
Then turned the page and saw this..



http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...g/3d49bac1.jpg

Really crappy book, with exercises to help conquer "the dreaded u turn"

They didn't mention anything about mr denim shirt cruiser guy, or what he could've done differently.

mhpr262 12-10-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17484397)

a pretty impressive pic... the right knee is sticking out in a somewhat ridiculous way, but if the rider wasn´t hanging off the overall lean angle would be crazy :eek1

JWG 12-10-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blur (Post 17484399)
You might get banned for this pic. I see T & A in it.

T and A or not ,, I must say he matches very nicely,,, who says motorcyclist cant be dressed by there mommy's any more
or is that Geranimlas for bikers

GoGo Gadget 12-10-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhpr262 (Post 17486501)
a pretty impressive pic... the right knee is sticking out in a somewhat ridiculous way, but if the rider wasn´t hanging off the overall lean angle would be crazy :eek1

If the rider wasn't hanging off, the bike would be heading for the trees trailing sparks.

baloneyskin daddy 12-10-2011 01:03 PM

I think the guy dragging his elbow is just way to big for the bike,hell he looks like his knees would drag in a straight line.:eek1

lemieuxmc 12-10-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhpr262 (Post 17486501)
a pretty impressive pic... the right knee is sticking out in a somewhat ridiculous way, but if the rider wasn´t hanging off the overall lean angle would be crazy :eek1


I get the distinct impression that most people that you see "draggin a knee" or hanging off a bunch on "The Dragon" (or insert name of favorite squid magnet road here) are just screwing around and it's an affectation.

There were comments about this previously and a photo of Eddie Lawson hanging way off a KZ 1000 was posted as justification for this practice...FAIL!

If you are hanging way off a modern sport bike you are either going about warp factor 9 or you are just a poser. Think about it.

TrashCan 12-11-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieuxmc (Post 17491929)
I get the distinct impression

If you are hanging way off a modern sport bike you are either going about warp factor 9 or you are just a poser. Think about it.


Really, you have a lot of posts in this thread.
What is your fascination with the Dragon???

Just curious as I live 40 miles from the Gap, and have been riding there for the last 6 years.

:ear:ear

JWG 12-11-2011 08:31 AM

granted I am new to riding and do not own a " sport bike" but surly all that hanging off the bike that guy is doing is un necessary to make that turn . to me,, and only my opion , he looks ridicules , hanging off the bike like that

WVhillbilly 12-11-2011 08:31 AM

He isn't heading for the trees trailing sparks, or on the wrong side of the road.
So what exactly is the problem?

The fact that he is hanging off the bike?

Bah, back to the carnage.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1YQLNg0q2E...g_6896%2B2.jpg

Nice of him to kick some gravel onto the road, adds to the challenge :deal

Barry 12-11-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVhillbilly (Post 17493459)
He isn't heading for the trees trailing sparks, or on the wrong side of the road.
So what exactly is the problem?

The fact that he is hanging off the bike?

Bah, back to the carnage.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1YQLNg0q2E...g_6896%2B2.jpg

Nice of him to kick some gravel onto the road, adds to the challenge :deal

That M is dragging hard parts... 2 contact points giving off sparks in that shot. OUCH.... dooomas.

Barry

TrashCan 12-11-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny rotten (Post 17493456)
granted I am new to riding and do not own a " sport bike" but surly all that hanging off the bike that guy is doing is un necessary to make that turn . to me,, and only my opion , he looks ridicules , hanging off the bike like that

Oh young grasshopper, you have much to learn.

WVhillbilly 12-11-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 17493477)
That M is dragging hard parts... 2 contact points giving off sparks in that shot. OUCH.... dooomas.

Barry

His daddy will get it fixed, no worries.

OaklandStrom 12-11-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny rotten (Post 17493456)
granted I am new to riding and do not own a " sport bike" but surly all that hanging off the bike that guy is doing is un necessary to make that turn . to me,, and only my opion , he looks ridicules , hanging off the bike like that

It all depends on how fast he's going. Based only on lean angle, it looks to be a bit fast for public roads - especially that one.

JWG 12-11-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 17493520)
Oh young grasshopper, you have much to learn.

I will give you that ,, I do have much to learn,, But just from what I have done learnt so far
he dose not win any prizes for good form


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014