ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

Blur 12-14-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17513394)

Road Captain says "HALT! More unskilled riders are behind me."

outlaws justice 12-14-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17514949)
If I recall red turn signal (lens) is not allowed in some States but not sure. Anyone?

Red turn signals are legal and many cars have red turn signals. Amber turns are common on a bike, but it is illegal to have amber running lights in the rear or red in the front. So I also converted my rear signals to duel filliment bulbs and converted them to red. Makes the bike more visable especially in rain and other bad weather.

Offcamber 12-14-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17514949)
If I recall red turn signal (lens) is not allowed in some States but not sure. Anyone?

Lots of cars have red turn signals?? ....how about most trailers?? Red brake tail and turn lights....

DiabloADV 12-14-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slartidbartfast (Post 17514696)
Clearly doesn't know what he's doing - His elbow is not on the ground.

He's also not hanging off the bike. He's pretending to. His COG is still on the centerline of the bike.

scmopar 12-14-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offcamber (Post 17515530)
Lots of cars have red turn signals?? ....how about most trailers?? Red brake tail and turn lights....

I was thinking the same thing.I can rember wiring an isuzu for trailer lights and how big a pita it was till I found a converter

lakota 12-14-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blur (Post 17515415)
Road Captain says "HALT! More unskilled riders are behind me."

now that IS funny

Fe Man 12-14-2011 11:26 AM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...38757234_n.jpg

Seems like I have heard "get your ass off the seat and your head over the front axle"...

I say perfection!

DiabloADV 12-14-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slartidbartfast (Post 17452120)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_4797.jpg

Tough indeed - no suspension, front fender or gravel rash protection either. I'd hate to see what happened if that chain caught on the rear tire.

I want one of those. Boots and all...:evil

slartidbartfast 12-14-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blur (Post 17515415)
Road Captain says "HALT! More unskilled riders are behind me."

More like "Stop while I get my stupid self back on the right side of the road so I can change my underwear"

Crisis management 12-14-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slartidbartfast (Post 17514696)
Clearly doesn't know what he's doing - His elbow is not on the ground.

Micks' riding style is a result of an almost useless right leg, he has minimal movement in it so has adapted his riding to work around it. He sits well forward on the bike keeping weight on the front of the bike and maintaining traction with the front tire with the added bonus of leaving huge wheelspin / slide marks from the rear. :freaky
Not unlike Casey Stoner....

Mind you, he is an Aussie so there is the possibility he has absolutely no idea what he is doing! :D

Beto 12-14-2011 01:05 PM

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/55/33...4/IMG_5628.jpg

Megamoto 12-14-2011 02:07 PM

Race bodywork, crash bungs, good leathers, good positioning, at least he was prepped for it

IheartmyNx 12-14-2011 02:29 PM

Too bad he's never been edjumicated on "marbles" tho...



lol, damn you can't win around here...

Florida Lime 12-14-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisis management (Post 17516037)
Micks' riding style is a result of an almost useless right leg, he has minimal movement in it so has adapted his riding to work around it. He sits well forward on the bike keeping weight on the front of the bike and maintaining traction with the front tire with the added bonus of leaving huge wheelspin / slide marks from the rear.

Good theory, but.....

After the "accident"
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/att...oohan-photo-18

Before the "accident"

http://image.sportrider.com/f/313319...s-schwantz.jpg

mrt10x 12-14-2011 03:10 PM

what are race bungees?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014