ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

WVhillbilly 12-28-2011 02:23 PM

Maybe so, I still wouldn't let my wife ride with me while wearing flip-flops. :lol3

Phlemdog 12-28-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrog (Post 17608048)
Hmmm She looks over the age of 18 to me, which makes her an adult able to make her own decisions about things like what she is going to wear.

But the rider is the one who makes the rules.

I.E. you do not ride on my bike, without a minimum of a motorcycle jacket, heavy pants, boots and a DOT helmet. Period, end of discussion. I don't care who you are, thems the rules for the passenger throne.

iyaoyas98 12-28-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlemdog (Post 17608086)

I.E. you do not ride on my bike, without a minimum of a motorcycle jacket, heavy pants, boots and a DOT helmet. Period, end of discussion. I don't care who you are, thems the rules for the passenger throne.

"It puts the lotion in the basket!"

stk0308 12-28-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaque_machete (Post 17607607)
This picture tells me that he obviously isn't thinking of her at all. He's got all the leather stuff, and he's allowing her to ride around with nothing but cotton on. Flysniper would barely even take me for a spin around the yard without mostly full gear. He even gave me an old pair of pants and gloves before he would take me out of the yard! He's so good to me, and this pic makes me cringe on how some women are too trusting with their lives to men who don't deserve that kind of trust. Not a smart woman. and a thousand years of shame on the man! He deserves more than just a broken ankle.

Hey, he gave her the better helmet didn't he? That's love right thar :D

anotherguy 12-28-2011 03:44 PM

Is this guy driving a dangerous car without proper safety equipment or having a fucking blast with a younger woman?

You sound like a bunch of old biddies on the porch in rocking chairs.

IheartmyNx 12-28-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlemdog (Post 17608086)

It's amazing what little brain power it takes for a person not even familiar with a motorcycle, to get on one...

YouTube is full of videos that prove that... :lol3 ...jus saying...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jcxcC7PgWNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wi6N5Iyqfwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fQIpxtTUY00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To-date, two people have rode my bike... The one that watched all these vids is the one that didnt break her ankle and tear tendons/ligaments in her shoulder.

That was the one that told me; "I've ridden motorcycles before" :rolleyes

cardoctor1 12-28-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car94 (Post 17601729)
Look at his left foot! Dumbass was hanging his feet over the pegs and caught on the ground. and he is wearing Leather chaps, Jacket,vest and boots but he has the girl in a hoodie and tennis shoes.

that would be the right foot and it probaly hurt like a mofo

opaque_machete 12-28-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardoctor1 (Post 17609365)
that would be the right foot and it probaly hurt like a mofo

As was said earlier, he may not have a broken ankle at all, as even I can do that with my foot without injury. What concerns me about the ankle is the fact that it is between the footpeg and the brake?. (I'm not familiar with cruisers, don't like em.) One wrong move and he's toast, if not already. I'd like to see the next in the line of photos. Beto?

UncleDirt 12-28-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAGBrian (Post 17608023)
One would have to realize that this photo was taken in less than one second. Therefore, her grin has been fixed on her face. Probably saw the photographer a few seconds earlier and started smiling?

He expression looks like he is just realizing that he is hurting and he may be aware that it's somewhere down his right foot.

It would be interesting to see the rest of the photos (if any) that was taken just after this photo was taken. Got any more, Beto?

As for the lack of gear, looks like some casual riders out enjoying a ride. Probably didn't end on a good note.

One would have to wonder if she was redecorating the bedroom in her mind, or planning her next hostile takeover of a rival company based on that moment in time. Or, that smile suggests to me that she may be forcing it a bit, perhaps her panties have shifted and are at that very moment riding up her ass crack. And notice how she turns her shoe just slightly out for the photographer, as if she was very proud of her newest shoe purchase and wanted the blinding whiteness to "pop" in the picture she knew was coming.

My god how I do love analyzing every minute detail and sharing it with you fellas.

:flip

klaviator 12-28-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 17608635)

Isn't that the purpose of this thread???

And another thing, your rocking chair is squeaking.

dwoodward 12-28-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

This picture tells me that he obviously isn't thinking of her at all. He's got all the leather stuff, and he's allowing her to ride around with nothing but cotton on.

Quote:

Hmmm She looks over the age of 18 to me, which makes her an adult able to make her own decisions about things like what she is going to wear.

Yeah, that works if she's been warned of the dangers. Most humans won't go there on their own. Opaque_Machete's husband made her go there, and I bet she's more than happy to sweat a little on a hot day...

Quote:

Flysniper would barely even take me for a spin around the yard without mostly full gear.

You have no idea how expensive that makes new toys. "Hm, I'd love a new carbon fiber helmet. $650, though... times two. Ugh..."

davidbeinct 12-29-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 17608635)

When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.

NJ-Brett 12-29-2011 06:31 AM

Plenty of people do really stupid things.
While I never wear full gear, I wear enough, and make the wife wear enough for the type of riding we do.
But I often see girls on the back of bikes in shorts, tank tops, open shoes, on very risky roads, with the bozo in control acting like a bad ass in heavy high speed traffic on very high accident rate roads.

Put your bathing suit on and lets drag hard parts on the dragon, what could go wrong?

Its no different then someone going to a bar, getting loaded and riding home without a helmet, or riding in high risk places without a helmet, or riding a bike down the interstate at 170 mph, or new small women riders taking the twistys on their giant new Harley low glide they got a few weeks ago, or texting while driving in heavy traffic.

There is NO shortage of stupidity.

anotherguy 12-29-2011 06:55 AM

Yes. I've been to a few gatherings of members and watched some down a couple,gear up (as if) and ride off. No different.

Sutherngintelmen 12-29-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Hmmm She looks over the age of 18 to me, which makes her an adult able to make her own decisions about things

Driver, pilot or captain is responsible for safety of passengers and crew. :deal

"No need for that seatbelt sweety - you're old enough..."

"What do you mean no life jacket - you are fucking 19 years old!"

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:16 PM.