ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

DAKEZ 04-17-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Buca
You guys sound as if you never ever made a riding mistake before. I is just that this guy was caught.
I know that my mind somethimes wander, and when I wake up, I have blown a corner or something like that. It does not happen often, but i have to admit that it does.

Don't do that. :nono It makes riding dangerous. :1drink

VFR_firefly 04-17-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Buca
You guys sound as if you never ever made a riding mistake before. I is just that this guy was caught.
I know that my mind somethimes wander, and when I wake up, I have blown a corner or something like that. It does not happen often, but i have to admit that it does.

I have never once in my 35+ years of riding crossed the centerline while there was oncoming traffic that had to move out of my way while I was in THEIR lane.

This is NOT a minor mistake. It's pretty damn serious. In fact, it nigh unforgivable. This rider should have his moto-license yanked until he can demonstrate proficiency. At the very least the ADV sticker should be revoked. -yoink!

It could very well have been deadly. This isn't a missed gear.

MetalClawWolf 04-17-2009 02:43 PM

The AARP crowd will be leading the way in motorcycles soon.

Also in the picture it looks like there is a shadow, Maybe it was a stopped/slowing bike he went wide for?

There are plenty of Killboy pics where people slow down and cause a wreck because they want to chat with the killboy crew.

Terrytori 04-17-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
I have never once in my 35+ years of riding crossed the centerline while there was oncoming traffic that had to move out of my way while I was in THEIR lane.

This is NOT a minor mistake. It's pretty damn serious. In fact, it nigh unforgivable. ....

Holy Crap!

I've never met a real live Saint before.

Let he who is without scootering sin cast the first hex bolt.
(clearly vfr firefly, that would be you)

The guy goofed.

He got caught and exposed goofing.

I've been scooting for 44 years now.

I've goofed... more than once.

I've ridden with hugely profecient, gifted riders with decades of
experience who occasionally get it wrong.

A lot of you guys need to lighten the fuck up.

jeez.

VFR_firefly 04-17-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrytori
Holy Crap!

I've never met a real live Saint before.

The guy goofed.

I've been scooting for 44 years now.

I've goofed... more than once.

I've ridden with hugely profecient, gifted riders with decades of
experience who occasionally get it wrong.

jeez.

Good thing it was a sportbike in the oncoming lane that could get out of the way instead of a panelvan. If it were, he'd be dead right now.

He goofed.

Oopsie!

SpiderDan 04-17-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalClawWolf
Also in the picture it looks like there is a shadow, Maybe it was a stopped/slowing bike he went wide for?

There are plenty of Killboy pics where people slow down and cause a wreck because they want to chat with the killboy crew.

Yep, looks like he was going around a bike, but it is still not good going over the line. I scrolled through the Motard pictures and in the interest of fair play if you do so, you'll find pics of them on or leaning over the line also. The Touring or GS bikes don't have a lock on this type of riding.

Run n Gun 04-17-2009 04:24 PM

is not a back rest , its a sluice and shovel , hes a miner of gold . Thars gold in them thar hills .......................

Joson559 04-17-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrytori

The guy goofed.

jeez.

+ effin 1 :clap

Chuckracer 04-17-2009 05:23 PM

I've gotten into corners too hot before and crossed the centerline while trying to scrub speed and get the bike turned. I'm a former expert level roadracer with lots of class championships to my name, along with a ton of accident free street miles under my belt. I practice safe riding techniques, consider myself a student of safe riding, and am here to tell you shit happens. Usually you get away with it and spend the next two months scolding yourself for the stupid move. Sometimes you don't and make the local paper.

Everybody screws up.

Boon Booni 04-17-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckracer
I've gotten into corners too hot before and crossed the centerline while trying to scrub speed and get the bike turned. I'm a former expert level roadracer with lots of class championships to my name, along with a ton of accident free street miles under my belt. I practice safe riding techniques, consider myself a student of safe riding, and am here to tell you shit happens. Usually you get away with it and spend the next two months scolding yourself for the stupid move. Sometimes you don't and make the local paper.

Everybody screws up.

So have you gone into a corner so slow that you had to cut across the center line to keep the bike upright?

Terrytori 04-17-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckracer

Everybody screws up.

Yup... that pretty much sums it up.
I was shooting a commercial years back.
It portrayed a mountain climber who we were going to film
climbing a frozen waterfall.
We hired a wonderful man out of Canmore Alberta by the name of Barry
Blanchard. The guy's real deal... done Everest & K2.
We were shooting some close up stuff of his pick axe going into the ice
and his footwork. He was about fifteen feet in the air when he lost
his balance and fell to the ground.

So i ask him... : How's that work for you when you're at
the top of the world. He just smiles... " Shit happens".

Oilybimmer 04-18-2009 12:37 AM

Perhaps he got bored on his way to a game of Russian Roulette and thought he would liven the ride up a little, its a good job the sportbike rider in the picture was wide awake.
Stewart

Willbilly 04-18-2009 01:54 AM

horseshit.

some douchebag snapped a one-in-a-million pic of you at the wrong time.

don't sweat it.

duck 04-18-2009 06:44 AM

I hereby join the pile-on and declare the offender a noob/poser. Sure, it's just one split second pic but it doesn't tell a good story. I'd give him a Stebel blast too.

LuciferMutt 04-18-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VFR_firefly

This is NOT a minor mistake. It's pretty damn serious. In fact, it nigh unforgivable. This rider should have his moto-license yanked until he can demonstrate proficiency. At the very least the ADV sticker should be revoked. -yoink!

It could very well have been deadly. This isn't a missed gear.

I agree. Of course we all make mistakes. Crossing the centerline is not a mistake, it is ignorant, unobservant riding.

If you have to cross center to scrub off speed to keep from killing yourself you were going too damn fast to begin with.

I, for one, will NEVER set tire on Deal's Gap. The place looks like a nightmare to me.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:35 PM.