ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

Ace100 01-05-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyclad (Post 17674849)
Well, she has to put her feet somewhere, considering there are no passenger pegs on that bike.

I did have a passenger one time that had her legs wrapped around me like that on a bike. She had MS with almost zero leg strength and had always wanted to ride a bike. So we wrapped her legs around my waist, tied them with a bandanna and took her for a ride. She loved it and I have a wonderful memory of giving somebody a chance to do something they had been dreaming of doing.

I just bought a sidecar in preparation for a trip down Baja this November with a good friend who was born with spina bifida. He's a bit bent (physically as well as his sense of humor :lol3) and walks with the help of some serious leg braces. I'm looking forward to giving him a chance to do something he otherwise might not be able to do.

wibby 01-06-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42 (Post 17648515)

cool pic

Those 2 fuckers are fun to watch in twisties, they lean into the corners :ricky

http://wibby.smugmug.com/Animals/Dog...32916191-M.jpg

ShardPhoenix 01-06-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 17675554)
You don't have the bike for it.

I don't have the bike for a serious face?

Do I need ape hangers or summat such nonsense?

Do I need to wear a beanie helmet and forgo the full face?

Is my 650cc thumper not a serious contender for the hard core stare down?

Help me out here, this inquiring mind must know. What do I need to do in order to be eligible to make a serious face while riding? What if I rode to The Dragon sometime and got caught by the famous Killboy?!? I wouldn't want to look anything but SERIOUS. Serious is serious business.

Let me practice again...

:bluduh

I'll have you know, my S40 is such an intimidating machine, some hard core individual on a Road King passed me while riding through town. He was so afraid of the omnipotent aura of my machine that he feared to acknowledge my presence. Some MC patch on his back too. Riders Brotherhood or some shit. "Northwest".

One more time for good measure.

advNZer? 01-06-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harris (Post 17675744)
And notice her left arm.

clasped onto her right arm?

DC2wheels 01-06-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harris http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net...s/viewpost.png
And notice her left arm.

clasped onto her right arm?
OK, I give up also. Is this some kind of trick question? I did notice her left arm which interestingly enough happens to be attached to her left shoulder...........

100mpg 01-06-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace100 (Post 17676406)
I just bought a sidecar in preparation for a trip down Baja this November with a good friend who was born with spina bifida. He's a bit bent (physically as well as his sense of humor :lol3) and walks with the help of some serious leg braces. I'm looking forward to giving him a chance to do something he otherwise might not be able to do.

:clap

JimVonBaden 01-06-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace100 (Post 17676406)

THAT is one trip report I want to see! :thumb :freaky:clap

Jim :brow

BK215 01-06-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17675111)
wondering what's happening here, anyone?

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...H/img_4490.jpg

Maybe she just found a particularly satisfing position by taking her feet off the pegs and pressing her full weight against the vibrating seat.:kat

bwalsh 01-06-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix (Post 17676924)

No.

Helps.

See answer above.

:rofl

Help me out here, this inquiring mind must know. What do I need to do in order to be eligible to make a serious face while riding? What if I rode to The Dragon sometime and got caught by the famous Killboy?!? I wouldn't want to look anything but SERIOUS. Serious is serious business.

Post a pic when that happens...wait...you may NOT want to post a pic...at least on this thread. :lol3

Let me practice again...

Better, but you'll never get it until you get the "live to ride, Ride to live" mentality.

I'll have you know, my S40 is such an intimidating machine, some hard core individual on a Road King passed me while riding through town. He was so afraid of the omnipotent aura of my machine that he feared to acknowledge my presence. Some MC patch on his back too. Riders Brotherhood or some shit. "Northwest".

Nah! Since you weren't on a HOG you were invisible to him. I've seen it many times...riding toward an oncoming, or group of, Harley(s). They see me coming and look off the road to their right, so as not to have to look when we pass. Funny though, usually the last one in line or the last pillion will give a sheepish wave. :lol3:lol3

eepeqez 01-06-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17674742)

His pillion has lost her grip and he is being a gentleman and reaching out to catch her...

geg 01-06-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 17677734)
Nah! Since you weren't on a HOG you were invisible to him. I've seen it many times...riding toward an oncoming, or group of, Harley(s). They see me coming and look off the road to their right, so as not to have to look when we pass. Funny though, usually the last one in line or the last pillion will give a sheepish wave. :lol3:lol3

nothing better than waving like a happy lunatic at a group of Harley's from the saddle of the XRL.....

they just don't know what to do :D

daveinva 01-06-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17673841)

.... and THIS photo, ladies and gentlemen, is why if I ever ride this road, it'll be on a cold and cloudy Tuesday morning.

Little about that looks fun at all.

NJ-Brett 01-06-2012 07:13 AM

The right bike helps a lot.
Take something very heavy, with no lean angle, that costs more then a good car, and after a while, you my be so pissed you can not have fun after spending so much, the serious face gets easy.

Note the silly looking grins on some of the guys on other bikes, FAIL!

When I had the sportster, I DID have the serious face.
On the TU250, old Triumphs, dual sports, I grin like a fool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix (Post 17676924)

Let me practice again...

galland1 01-06-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17674991)

Is that a cord going from rt. sleeve to the brake lever?:huh

1911fan 01-06-2012 07:34 AM

Don't think so. If you zoom in, you can sort of see it in the second pic. Looks like a dangly Harley leather foofraw accessory thinglet. You know, for the cool.
If it is a cord from the jacket to the brake lever, it might explain the second pic.

1911fan

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:02 PM.