ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

Sutherngintelmen 01-12-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 17725927)

Like to ride my gap?

JimVonBaden 01-12-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Scott (Post 17730270)
This bike was built by Paul Jr. Designs. It is the "American Pickers" theme bike.

Very innovative. They really hit it out of the park with this one.

Now THAT is funny!:lol3

Jim :brow

Jim Moore 01-12-2012 04:37 AM

That's not a rat bike. You find a rat bike in your uncle's barn. It's so old you can't find parts for it, so you spend the winter combing junkyards for similar parts, then modifying them so they work on your bike. Finally, you rattle-can it black and put a milk crate on the back. That's a rat bike. His bike simply has a bunch of garbage tied to it.

Barry 01-12-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100mpg (Post 17729311)
That bike is a giant piece of shit. You can call it art or what ever you like but it is only a giant piece of shit that exists only to call attention to the owner. Look at me, please ask me about my bike and all the shit on it so I can be the center of attention. He might have stories, but I bet they ALL started with someone coming up to him to ask about that giant piece of shit motorcycle. pa-lease.

Other then also being a dangerous piece of shit, I don't care what he does and I hope he has a great life and lives a long time. If it makes it happy, then that's good for him, but it does nothing for me. It is not art.

Have to agree with ^^^^^^^ on this one. What an unsafe eyesore. Not interesting. It's the 2 wheel version of the hoarding idiots.

Grreatdog 01-12-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Moore (Post 17730472)
That's not a rat bike. You find a rat bike in your uncle's barn. It's so old you can't find parts for it, so you spend the winter combing junkyards for similar parts, then modifying them so they work on your bike. Finally, you rattle-can it black and put a milk crate on the back. That's a rat bike. His bike simply has a bunch of garbage tied to it.

My thoughts exactly. The PJD comment is funny as hell and well deserved because that was indeed built as a theme bike. Rat bikes were what I rode when I was a kid working for minimum wage while putting myself through college at night.

100mpg 01-12-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Scott (Post 17730270)
This bike was built by Paul Jr. Designs. It is the "American Pickers" theme bike.

Very innovative. They really hit it out of the park with this one.

that might be the best line in this thread! :poser
:thumb

Terrytori 01-12-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

That bike is a giant piece of shit. You can call it art or what ever you like but it is only a giant piece of shit that exists only to call attention to the owner. Look at me, please ask me about my bike and all the shit on it so I can be the center of attention. He might have stories, but I bet they ALL started with someone coming up to him to ask about that giant piece of shit motorcycle. pa-lease.

Other then also being a dangerous piece of shit, I don't care what he does and I hope he has a great life and lives a long time. If it makes it happy, then that's good for him, but it does nothing for me. It is not art.

I think we are generally a little generous in our use of the word " art ".

I've always felt that it was incumbent upon " art " to elevate us in some way.

I fail to grasp the elevation, here ... the way I might were I looking at... say... a Desmosedici.

baloneyskin daddy 01-12-2012 07:47 AM

Hell ,if were'nt for the drum brake in the front I'd have thought it was a new one.:lol3

RxZ 01-12-2012 09:20 AM

I had an art teacher back in 6th grade say this about art: "If you can find one person in the entire world that will buy what you create, then it is art." Now, he was talking about paintings, but I think it would apply to this "rat" bike. It is not practicle, so you can't use that excuse to buy it (or create it as this guy did). So it can only be art.

RxZ (thinks its hideous)

mneblett 01-12-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kbetts (Post 17725825)
HA! You made milk come out my nose! What a troll!

Proving once again that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think ...

DAKEZ 01-12-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

motorcycle. pa-lease.

than [Klay]

DAKEZ 01-12-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrytori (Post 17731475)
I fail to grasp the elevation, here ... the way I might were I looking at... say... a Desmosedici.

That is just overpriced Italian ass jewelry. This thing is a Harley Davidson that has actually been ridden somewhere.

______________________________:zilla

bwalsh 01-12-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 17733012)
That is just cheep Italian ass jewelry. This thing is a Harley Davidson that has actually been ridden somewhere. __:zilla

A lot of some where's...:deal

I'd love to own an old Harley like that...with a few less things hanging off though. :lol3

Tepi 01-12-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim moore (Post 17730472)
that's not a rat bike. You find a rat bike in your uncle's barn. It's so old you can't find parts for it, so you spend the winter combing junkyards for similar parts, then modifying them so they work on your bike. Finally, you rattle-can it black and put a milk crate on the back. That's a rat bike. His bike simply has a bunch of garbage tied to it.

this!

lemieuxmc 01-12-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 17733012)
That is just overpriced Italian ass jewelry. This thing is a Harley Davidson that has actually been ridden somewhere.

______________________________:zilla

Fixed that for ya... no need to thank me. :freaky

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:21 PM.