ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

lethe 02-10-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 17955408)
Did you stay in your lane the last time you were here???
:ear



Edit: Excuse me you have never been on this road.:norton

It's true, if you hit this road in attack mode, you're guaranteed to screw up at least a few times and cross the yellow. However, I've only ever done it by running a bit wide, never by cutting the corner like those in the picture. And the few times I did it, I cursed and beat myself up about it for quite awhile after.

Beto 02-10-2012 11:33 AM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7021/6...907361d0_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6...23428f82_z.jpg

Beto 02-10-2012 11:36 AM

kicking dirt on the road

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6...1440de29_z.jpg


but fortunately there are good samaritans out there

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6...5cf8564b_z.jpg

lethe 02-10-2012 11:37 AM

Poor driving by morons who watch too much racing on TV.
When I ride or drive, I make believe the double yellow line is made of razor blades.
Dog shit covered razor blades.

TrashCan 02-10-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lethe (Post 17955899)
Poor driving by morons who watch too much racing on TV.
When I ride or drive, I make believe the double yellow line is made of razor blades.
Dog shit covered razor blades.



I believe the yellow line is a recommendation to downshift and gas it.
:D

EetsOK 02-10-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lethe (Post 17955899)
Poor driving by morons who watch too much racing on TV.
When I ride or drive, I make believe the double yellow line is made of razor blades.
Dog shit covered razor blades.

You too hugh?
It's really bad when there is fresh skiff of snow obscuring the lines. My question: When somebody crosses that line, what the hell they gonna do when another vehicle is coming at them? The divsion is there fore a reason. :deal

klaviator 02-10-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lethe (Post 17955479)
It's true, if you hit this road in attack mode, you're guaranteed to screw up at least a few times and cross the yellow. However, I've only ever done it by running a bit wide, never by cutting the corner like those in the picture. And the few times I did it, I cursed and beat myself up about it for quite awhile after.

Back in the day, before it became the dragon, I always rode it in the attack mode. I only crossed the double yellow when I wanted too. Crossing the double yellow when there's a clear sight line and no traffic won't kill you. Blowing the corner and crossing the double yellow on the exit is just asking for it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by lethe (Post 17955899)
Poor driving by morons who watch too much racing on TV.
When I ride or drive, I make believe the double yellow line is made of razor blades.
Dog shit covered razor blades.

Since the double yellow is actually made of yellow paint, I don't hesitate to cross it when there's a reason to.....such as passing traffic moving at a glacial pace:ricky

lethe 02-10-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EetsOK (Post 17956368)
You too hugh?
It's really bad when there is fresh skiff of snow obscuring the lines. My question: When somebody crosses that line, what the hell they gonna do when another vehicle is coming at them? The divsion is there fore a reason. :deal

Lean more and hope you left enough lean angle in reserve before hard parts hit.
This is assuming the infraction was caused by going wide. If it's because you cut the corner like these jackasses, just easily put yourself back where you're supposed to be.

lethe 02-10-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaviator (Post 17956397)


Since the double yellow is actually made of yellow paint, I don't hesitate to cross it when there's a reason to.....such as passing traffic moving at a glacial pace:ricky

the razor blades magically go away when there is a spot worthy of a pass :D

Beto 02-10-2012 01:44 PM

on the edge

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6...ce902275_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7020/6...be825546_z.jpg

slartidbartfast 02-10-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17956737)

One stupid or ill-timed move and they'll go down like dominoes

TrashCan 02-10-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17956737)



I believe the last bike be counter leaning.
Or something?:dunno

I luv the way they are looking thru the turn.

sagedrifter 02-10-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der_saeufer (Post 17927545)
The only negative aspect to riding in California is that we pay the full passenger car rate to register bikes, leading to both my KLR and my V-Strom costing a couple bucks more a year than my cage since in the DMV's odd method of calculating value, both are worth more. It's still cheaper than almost any other civilized country, though--I can put up with $90 per bike per year.

Otherwise, yeah.. No inspections, lanesplitting, real motorcycle parking spots in some cities with relaxed restrictions vs. car parking, drivers who are somewhat used to motorcyclists, etc. make this a pretty great place to ride.

I did have to take the written test when I moved here, but we do that for car licenses too. If you can't pass a DMV written test you have no business on the damn road.

My 07 DR650 was $33, the 07 FJR was $42 last year. It goes down every year. My Honda ST 1100 was $28. Alabama is cheap, not much here anyway, just empty county roads with rolling hills. Stinking gas is up to $3.36 from $3.25 this week, I bet Cali gas is more... :D

At least I can make Tellico Plains in 4 or 5 hours riding across N GA. I think I'll head up to 129 in March and see if the dragon is still there. It doesn't get old, I've ridden it so many times I've lost count. I still enjoy the Cherohala more. :rofl

Beto 02-10-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 17956737)

bringing a spare? :dunno

lethe 02-10-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 17956820)
I believe the last bike be counter leaning.
Or something?:dunno

I luv the way they are looking thru the turn.

counter leaning would help in this case to put him back where he belongs in the lane


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014