ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

rocker59 03-09-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100mpg (Post 18175565)
:huh

... Why?

I see them pretty regularly here in The Hills.

During the Bikes Blues & BBQ Rally, the organized rides are led by a "motorcycle escort vehicle" with a banner on the vehicle not unlike the "oversize load" banners seen on big trucks.

I've seen some 1% clubs on the highway being followed by a pickup with a trailer and a sign on the door of the truck noting it was the club's support truck.

I even see it with smaller groups of tourist riders here. One time I was sitting in Kingston and four Harleys pulled up at the store followed closely by a pickup. It took a minute, but I soon realized the truck was the group's "support vehicle" when the riders went to the back of the truck and grabbed beers out of the cooler. I saw thier Louisiana tags and asked them how far they'd come that day. Turns out they were staying just up the road at Eureka Springs and were just out on a little day trip.

It's just plain silly, but the motorcycle escort vehicle exists...

Chip Seal 03-09-2012 11:37 AM

Full racing kit and full face helmet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodnbow (Post 18142623)
You think that might be an ADVer who lurks on this thread??? :deal :freaky

Is that legal?
Bet he gets beat up at stop lights for no pirate suit.:lol3

Chip Seal 03-09-2012 11:38 AM

Clean up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 18175852)
Locals cleaning the road after the tourist go home.:D


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_6110.jpg

The dude probably has an aftermarket parts business!

TrashCan 03-09-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Seal (Post 18176017)
The dude probably has an aftermarket parts business!


Yep, and has customers lined up.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/is...the-dragon.jpg

daveinva 03-09-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker59 (Post 18175996)
It's just plain silly, but the motorcycle escort vehicle exists...

Thanks for fixing me with learning, I've been schooled. Still... wow, really?

My first impression was that if I had to regularly drive my car around all these lane-crossing speeding jack-wagon bikers, I'd get a dig in at them by publicizing myself as a "motorcycle escort vehicle."

But to think that people actually do this (I can see escorting *bicyclist* groups, Tour de France style, but motorcycles? Sheesh).

Scalpel 3000 03-09-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinva (Post 18176136)
Thanks for fixing me with learning, I've been schooled. Still... wow, really?

My first impression was that if I had to regularly drive my car around all these lane-crossing speeding jack-wagon bikers, I'd get a dig in at them by publicizing myself as a "motorcycle escort vehicle."

But to think that people actually do this (I can see escorting *bicyclist* groups, Tour de France style, but motorcycles? Sheesh).

I've seen it at a scooter rally or two. Some of the old Vespas are... temperamental, and some riders don't know how to work on their own scooters. I've generally taken to only hanging out with the scooter crowd who knows how to bodge together a solution when trouble strikes.

lemieuxmc 03-09-2012 12:24 PM

San Diego Antique Motorcycle Club
 
We generally have a spouse or SO riding along in a pickup truck with a ramp and tie downs when we do club rides. We would rather toss a bike in the truck if there is a problem rather than leave someone behind. Frankly, some spouses/SO's either don't like to ride, or don't like to ride on the back of an antique bike, but like hanging out with the group at our various destinations.

www.SDAMC.net

www.boomer22.shutterfly.com

FishHunt 03-09-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodcat8 (Post 18138586)
Possibly 205, but that top one cracks me up :lol3

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hBMgJiXA_a...0/img_2820.jpg

Maybe that guy was the model and inspiration behind these signs.

<>< Fish

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...d&index=newexp

STANIMAL 03-09-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuna Helper (Post 18165393)
I love this thread, although I still can't figure out why it's so hard to stay in your own lane.

:rofl It's one of those mysteries to me to .

klaviator 03-09-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANIMAL (Post 18177000)
:rofl It's one of those mysteries to me to .

Given the riding/driving skills (or lack thereof) of the average rider/driver, it's no mystery to me.

MisterPX 03-09-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishHunt (Post 18176417)
Maybe that guy was the model and inspiration behind these signs.

<>< Fish

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...d&index=newexp

:rofl

Tuna Helper 03-09-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaviator (Post 18177086)
Given the riding/driving skills (or lack thereof) of the average rider/driver, it's no mystery to me.

Yeah its easy to get in over your head there.

svs 03-09-2012 02:35 PM

I noticed we have Palomar pictures in this thread. Cool...I'll add to them.
http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...09_2jPhZ-L.jpg

http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...92_84TFE-L.jpg

This one I paid for thus no water mark....

http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...4_uUp2h-XL.jpg

ibafran 03-09-2012 02:41 PM

[QUOTE
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by SlipChip http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net...s/viewpost.png
Look at the size of those handlebars!:eek1 That's almost as bad as ape hangers, I mean what the fuck is the point? Is that what they call Bull Horn bars?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
=B.Curvin;18169750]Beach bars. I've ridden a bike with them. They are as bad as they look.

You do get strong fingers though.[/QUOTE]

Beach Bars? First for me. Thanx for the info. Any idea how that name came into the game?
Carp!? I wonder how many times he speared himself in the ribs with those things? The parking lot crawl must be a killer with those things?

lucky_strike 03-09-2012 02:46 PM

you know it is illegal in both states to ride without eye protection. saw a video about three years ago where cops were pulling over everybody and that was a charge one of the cops used more than once. just an FYI.

nice pictures though. i sometimes miss my strom

Quote:

Originally Posted by svs (Post 18177275)
I noticed we have Palomar pictures in this thread. Cool...I'll add to them.
http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...09_2jPhZ-L.jpg

http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...92_84TFE-L.jpg

This one I paid for thus no water mark....

http://f-d.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Stree...4_uUp2h-XL.jpg



Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014