ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

ThatGuy 03-29-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramlord (Post 18330512)

When I first saw this I thought he was running into a mirror

STANIMAL 03-29-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGuy (Post 18337416)
When I first saw this I thought he was running into a mirror

You guys are all wrong , he's just another dumbass that should have his license revoked.

two trackin fool 03-29-2012 11:53 PM

:eek1:huh

211Chuck 03-30-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viverrid (Post 18328042)
Well heck there was some ya-hoo posting here about how real racers use the WHOLE ROAD in order to go faster, and people who stayed in their lane were merely amateurs or sportsmen or hobbyists or whatever word he used.

So this guy is merely a Real Racer.

No thats not what was said. But as is normal on the net. some people see fit to take other peoples words
and twist them around to sound as stupid as the stupid one doing the twisting... :D

What was said was. Using both lanes if you have a clear view and it is safe you can go faster then using
just one lane. Of course the clueless will still write it how ever their small minds want to no matter what
was written" :wink:

dbuzz 03-30-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 211Chuck (Post 18338089)
No thats not what was said. But as is normal on the net. some people see fit to take other peoples words
and twist them around to sound as stupid as the stupid one doing the twisting... :D

What was said was. Using both lanes if you have a clear view and it is safe you can go faster then using
just one lane. Of course the clueless will still write it how ever their small minds want to no matter what
was written" :wink:

Sure you can go faster but this is at the expense of good roadcraft and merely shows poor self discipline.... it is not good role model behavior from an elder of the tribe :gerg

:norton

CSI 03-30-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossMaverick (Post 18334732)
It looks like he is purposely getting off the bike. He must be the type that believes that "laying it down" is the best option to avoid injury in an impending crash.

Nope.....in the photos that precede that, you can watch as he goes into the corner in "cool mode"...foot up on the hw peg, left hand held out givin the cool low wave, and then he leans it over on to the engine guard, floorboard mounts, etc. Levers the front wheel off the ground, and away he goes !!

Iron Dingo 03-30-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibafran (Post 18335210)
Well, I have some hack experience
-snip-
See your local hack club for the very best info and demos.

thank you that is helpful..

Iron Dingo 03-30-2012 04:59 AM

Sucks about the lady who got killed but i guess it shows why we harp on people crossing the double yellow.. we don't wanna see anyone hurt or killed. I can't imagine how many sleepless nights the guy in the truck is going to have now.

kneeslider 03-30-2012 05:11 AM

The "drag-on"

Geeze, no one learns from history! Sorry the lady was killed!

I'm not a fan of the Dragon. First there are better roads with less LEO's & fewer idiots.

I've rode the Dragon back when it was still dirt on the NC side, I've been on it at least 50 or more times & still never came to like it!

The rule I try to follow regardless is, a road is like money, don't borrow more than you can pay back!

Oh, another rule. There is no traction on paint, especially if it is wet!

Bill Harris 03-30-2012 06:07 AM

As a road, it sounds OK, but it's become a tourist attraction. I "discovered" it in a car about 10 years ago (meander from Cherokee to Townsend??, The NC slope of the Smokies 'round to the TN slope). I may try it again sometime if I'm vacationing in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip...

Ritalin Boy 03-30-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibafran (Post 18335210)
-5, Driving a hack is a lot of work. And that challenge to make it perform well and all the work to get it to move properly are precisely what makes it fun to do. And switching from performance mode to flower sniffing mode is part of its pleasure. Following a well driven hack is like watching really good magic. Putting a good monkey with a good pilot will have well ridden solo bike losing ground to the hack in tight places like the Gap.

See your local hack club for the very best info and demos.

Great stuff.

If you're really interested some riding schools that teach the MSF curriculum also offer the sidecar course *and* they have demo rigs.

I left your -5 in there because perhaps the rig of my dreams (K12RS with EML) would run away on the twisties (with a good monkey) but my current rig (1150 G) no so much.... :lol3

To go completely off topic in the next few weeks I'm going to re-do the alignment of my rig. That's harder than riding it. :wink:

Personally I think Sidecars rock, it's a full time party on three wheels. :freaky

lemieuxmc 03-30-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbuzz (Post 18338148)
Sure you can go faster but this is at the expense of good roadcraft and merely shows poor self discipline.... it is not good role model behavior from an elder of the tribe :gerg

:norton

Sage words of wisdom...

lemieuxmc 03-30-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy (Post 18340081)
Great stuff.

If you're really interested some riding schools that teach the MSF curriculum also offer the sidecar course *and* they have demo rigs.

I left your -5 in there because perhaps the rig of my dreams (K12RS with EML) would run away on the twisties (with a good monkey) but my current rig (1150 G) no so much.... :lol3

To go completely off topic in the next few weeks I'm going to re-do the alignment of my rig. That's harder than riding it. :wink:

Personally I think Sidecars rock, it's a full time party on three wheels. :freaky

It's like riding a unicycle... it's goofy, it's not real easy, it's lots of fun, and some people take it to another level (IOM) or that guy with the Mtn Bike unicycle.

lethe 03-30-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieuxmc (Post 18340153)
It's like riding a unicycle... it's goofy, it's not real easy, it's lots of fun, and some people take it to another level (IOM) or that guy with the Mtn Bike unicycle.

I'd imagine it takes quite some talent to bring a girl home on a unicycle though :lol3

anotherguy 03-30-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lethe (Post 18340195)
I'd imagine it takes quite some talent to bring a girl home on a unicycle though :lol3

It takes real talent to make taking her home unnecessary. :D

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:05 AM.