ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

PSYCHO II 03-31-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVhillbilly (Post 18344869)
Ok, that's what I'll do, quit riding because you said so.
The headlight on my LC4 isn't going to blind anyone. Not even at night.

Not like I'm running a pair of HIDs or have a nightsun strapped to my bars.
Lighten the fuck up Nancy.

I don't know about your high beam but the factory high beam on the Bandit 1200s K6 is less than the low beam on most other vehicles. In fact the factory low beam on the Bandit is not much better than no lights at all. Mind you the HD Super Glide is a different story. I would never have the HD high beam on if there was an oncoming vehicle. It might even blind them in daylight hours but would certainly do so at night.

Horses for courses so to speak. There are none so blind as those who will not see but it wouldn't be because of the high beam on the Bandit.:freaky

fallingoff 03-31-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHO II (Post 18345594)
I don't know about your high beam but the factory high beam on the Bandit 1200s K6 is less than the low beam on most other vehicles. In fact the factory low beam on the Bandit is not much better than no lights at all. Mind you the HD Super Glide is a different story. I would never have the HD high beam on if there was an oncoming vehicle. It might even blind them in daylight hours but would certainly do so at night.

Horses for courses so to speak. There are none so blind as those who will not see but it wouldn't be because of the high beam on the Bandit.:freaky

good point:clap:clap:clap

advNZer? 03-31-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHO II (Post 18344798)
So when you change lanes in your navigation of a windy road do you indicate your intention?

no idont,cos there is no one behind me when i execute such manouvres

advNZer? 03-31-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbuzz (Post 18344865)
Avoiding hazards is one thing .... deliberately chopping corners as a way to go faster is just plain sloppy. :brow

Whatever happened to taking some pride in having skill and riding with precision and being smooth? :dunno

I ride with precise lines and do so smoothly probably more smoothly that those who feel confined by a painted line.:norton

slartidbartfast 03-31-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbuzz (Post 18343808)
Unfortunately they do watch ... and listen, with ears waggling :ear... to the ex-racers who brag about straightening out the corners to go faster. Equally unfortunate is often their ambition exceeds their talent.

Well I'm not an ex-racer, don't have much to brag about and don't tend to "straighten the curves" when there are a lot of other people about. I'm also not often seen or heard in the places squids frequent

slartidbartfast 03-31-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbuzz (Post 18344865)
... deliberately chopping corners as a way to go faster is just plain sloppy. :brow

:rofl you have no clue where or how I ride. If you came along with me I don't think you'd feel like we were being sloppy.

geg 03-31-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 18345578)
Looks like a nice ride to me.:evil

... and the bike looks nice too... :thumb

O.C.F.RIDER 03-31-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viverrid (Post 18342349)
An F1 driver could get around the track faster if he cut through the chicanes instead of ran around them. On a lot of NASCAR tracks a driver could make an easy pass if went "below the line". But those are cheats. On the street your every available inch is every available inch IN YOUR LANE.

I don't get why someone would go out of their way to find a twisty road to ride on, and then straighten the curves to go faster. If you just want to go faster, stick to the Interstate. OF COURSE you can go faster if you cut the curves on the street. Is that really the point of finding a curvy public road? It is NOT closed course racing. Show your skill by how fast you can ride within the lines. You are not riding on the track AND the opposite lane should not be considered "available" for the purposes of going faster, like if you were on the track and passing "below the line" or cutting across the chicane were out of bounds and earned you a penalty full stop.

Cutting the curves on the street is just lazy riding.

http://www.omni-ts.com/_common/img/winner.jpg

PFFOG 03-31-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaviator (Post 18341907)
You, me and aussijussi. That leaves one more.:rofl

Make it 4, LOVE the narrow single lane roads.

ErikY. 03-31-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingoff (Post 18344003)
when their shinning straight in my eyes they will blind oncoming traffic
it is illegal and dangerous
you are a danger on the road
thats why you have a dimmer
imho you are a fool

I thought this was a poem or a haiku when I first saw it.
Nice form!
:deal

PT Rider 03-31-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVhillbilly (Post 18343806)
Don't stare into the headlights.
I run my high beams during the day too.

Do you also stare at welding flash?

But, I don't need to look at a welding flash long enough to calculate approximate distance, closing speed, and time. Bikes with good headlights properly aimed running high beams cause on coming riders and drivers to look away. (Old, weak headlights...high beams are good.)

Aussijussi 03-31-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFFOG (Post 18346476)
Make it 4, LOVE the narrow single lane roads.

Week or so and the snow's gone from the lanes and twisty's around here, hooray. On the on going topic of using high beam during the day, absolutely useless and pain in the arse, or should i say 'eyes'!

WVhillbilly 03-31-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Rider (Post 18347791)
(Old, weak headlights...high beams are good.)

Bingo, 01 LC4 has an awful headlight on it.
My Superduke has a real headlight, that I don't run on high beam during the day.
Spend more time on the LC4 tho, don't want to ride far in the dark on that bike. :eek1

100mpg 03-31-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussijussi (Post 18348561)
...On the on going topic of using high beam during the day, ...

I use it on the Honda XRL650, it kinda like a big candle, almost, But not on the GoldWing. Unless someone cuts me off. Then I burn their eyes out! Muhahahahaha!

WVhillbilly 03-31-2012 03:01 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GioezPtGo_...0/img_3359.jpg

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:21 PM.