ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

100mpg 04-01-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 18353493)
Because there are gullible people out there that believed the almost complete bullshit of the DORK-siders.

Just as a stopped clock is right twice a day the Donk-siders are right about two things.
1. They get longer tire life.
2. Um... ah... Now what was that other thing... ?

Oh well, In summary: The Gullible try it gat bashed on for their folly and get so defensive that they will not admit they are foolish. :1drink

Oh and look at the calendar... Today is their day. :lol3

:huh
2. runflat.
See how many motorcycle tires blow out, then look at some tests on run flat car tires on motorcycles run with NO AIR. then call us stupid. There is nothing foolish about it.

Aussijussi 04-01-2012 10:20 AM

I know it isnt a 'high beam pro vs con' thread, but... Last summer riding with couple of mates, the one riding directly behind me, has a Honda CBF 1000, and he has got a habbit of using the high beam during the day, he reckons make's him more visible. Bloody visible alright, every time i went to check the mirror's, big bright ball of light. I very rarely ride with anyone, i hate to wait around for them, this time these blokes didnt know the way, so i was leading. When i told him about the light, he was surprised, he never thought it would blind anyone. In certain instances, it can do more harm then good.:huh

WVhillbilly 04-01-2012 10:25 AM

Glad he saved all that money on that rear tire, and by not buying gear.
Reckon he will need it to pay the ER doctors.

That thing has about as much contact patch in a turn as my bicycle does going straight.

Aussijussi 04-01-2012 10:27 AM

Isn't that cruiser hard enough to wrestle into them turns without having that flat profile car tyre in the back?

Roam 04-01-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix (Post 18344899)
:rofl:lol3:rofl:lol3

That's all that needs said about this piece of complete dumbfuckery.

If we have to argue about things, lets at least discuss the curves one might encounter on US129

License plate fail. Three thumbs up for the rest.

anotherguy 04-01-2012 10:43 AM

I mounted a car tire on a VTX this week. Pain to mount and it handled like a drag slick from the '60s. Once past the transition from flat to tire corner it was OK but never on anything I own. My 7" slick mounted Harley fuel bike handled about the same.

DAKEZ 04-01-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100mpg (Post 18353708)
2. runflat.
See how many motorcycle tires blow out, then look at some tests on run flat car tires on motorcycles run with NO AIR. then call us stupid. There is nothing foolish about it.

Where did I call you "Stupid" ? I called you foolish and did a little spin on your silly non-applicable name. If you want to call yourself stupid that is on you. IMO even a fool should recognize that on a vehicle that leans to turn, a rounded tire is a better way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVhillbilly (Post 18353760)
Glad he saved all that money on that rear tire, and by not buying gear.
Reckon he will need it to pay the ER doctors.

That thing has about as much contact patch in a turn as my bicycle does going straight.

:1drink

mrphotoman 04-01-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 18353493)
Because there are gullible people out there that believed the almost complete bullshit of the DORK-siders.

Just as a stopped clock is right twice a day the Donk-siders are right about two things.
1. They get longer tire life.
2. Um... ah... Now what was that other thing... ?

Oh well, In summary: The Gullible try it get bashed on for their folly and get so defensive that they will not admit they are foolish. :1drink

Oh and look at the calendar... Today is their day. :lol3

:rofl:clap:lol3:D:wink:..........................

yzmaico 04-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100mpg (Post 18353708)
2. runflat.

I had a flat riding to work at about 6am, turning left overpass at about 60mph ( michelin pilot classic 180 ) as long as you don't do anything drastic on the controls all was good. It's not like the tire shredded into a million pieces. I was able to limp home.

I don't know, I think I'll stick with motorcycle specific tires, I don't like the idea of riding up on the edge a car tire.

Boon Booni 04-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB (Post 18353385)
Back to the Dragon Fail.... Car tire highside slalom, too much rear brake, no ABS... Semi-ATGATT; fingerless gloves and jeans...

It's quite striking as a GIF..

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-L.../i-LxK2cwv.gif

MiamiMotorcyclist 04-01-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVhillbilly (Post 18351371)
Where ya find to ride at in Miami, I've been here since October and ran out of cool shit to see a while back.

Hate to get off topic just when the pictures started rolling again but...

Yeah, that's an issue. The dual sport takes me to a few decent places to get off road a little.
As for the sportbike, there isn't much.
Ride out west on US41, straight as an arrow but scenic and nice to get out of the city. Did a bit of that today.
You can ride to Flamingo or down to the Keys, up 27 to the lake or just sight see on South Beach in heavy stop and go traffic.

Other times I just use the bike to run an errand just to ride. Gotta do what ya can. At least avoiding the idiot drivers keeps it intersting.

slartidbartfast 04-01-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussijussi (Post 18353723)
I know it isnt a 'high beam pro vs con' thread, but... Last summer riding with couple of mates, the one riding directly behind me, has a Honda CBF 1000, and he has got a habbit of using the high beam during the day, he reckons make's him more visible. Bloody visible alright, every time i went to check the mirror's, big bright ball of light. I very rarely ride with anyone, i hate to wait around for them, this time these blokes didnt know the way, so i was leading. When i told him about the light, he was surprised, he never thought it would blind anyone. In certain instances, it can do more harm then good.:huh

I have a couple of friends who like to do the same thing. If they are following me it is really tough to tell who else is back there.

Not so long ago, I came across a gold wing in bright daylight with all HID-equipped high-beams on and could not tell that he had (a) his blinker on to signal a left turn across in front of me, and (b) another six bikes behind him also all waiting to turn left. As I slowed approaching him to try and figure out what I was looking at he must have assumed I was letting him go and turned across in front of me. All his friends started moving too. I don't know who was more surprised but the ensuing hard braking by me and all of them, nearly resulted in a couple of dropped wings, and if I was not well practiced, could have ended in a nasty collision. I'm willing to bet he still has no fucking clue that his stupid "make sure they see me" high beams were 100% responsible for nearly causing a major wreck.

slartidbartfast 04-01-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon Booni (Post 18354437)

Probably trying to sneak a proper bike tire back on there before his insurance adjuster gets a look at it.

Gummee! 04-01-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mambo Dave (Post 18351991)
You can't be serious.

+1

Looks like the front of my GS-Adv did.

:thumb

That triangle pattern made it easier to tell how fast I was coming up on people (or so I hoped!) Beats only having one light on!

M

dbuzz 04-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slartidbartfast (Post 18355368)
I have a couple of friends who like to do the same thing. If they are following me it is really tough to tell who else is back there.

Not so long ago, I came across a gold wing in bright daylight with all HID-equipped high-beams on and could not tell that he had (a) his blinker on to signal a left turn across in front of me, and (b) another six bikes behind him also all waiting to turn left. As I slowed approaching him to try and figure out what I was looking at he must have assumed I was letting him go and turned across in front of me. All his friends started moving too. I don't know who was more surprised but the ensuing hard braking by me and all of them, nearly resulted in a couple of dropped wings, and if I was not well practiced, could have ended in a nasty collision. I'm willing to bet he still has no fucking clue that his stupid "make sure they see me" high beams were 100% responsible for nearly causing a major wreck.

Must be Leadwing thing. I see a guy regularly on my commute running all SIX lights on hi-beam on his car tire equipped Leady. Looks like a freight train coming. Can't help seeing him because you sure can't see anything else :huh Damn annoying. Not so bad being behind him as the traffic parts like the red sea. :lol3

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:38 PM.