ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

Boon Booni 04-30-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReactorTrip (Post 15797038)
Hell if you ride there enough you will eventually come across cars that can and will out run you with ease. Especially on the skyway.

When I was up there a few years ago, there was this group in little 3 wheeled cars. Just 3 wheels, a motor and a rollcage. Fucking fast. There wasn't anyone on the road as fast as those guys. Like they were glued to the road. Saw one go super hot into a corner and I thought Oh shit, he's going off the road, but it just turned like it was on rails.

SilkMoneyLove 04-30-2011 12:55 PM

I let a Z4 pass

They were new, I had no idea what it was, but the guy could drive, so I let him pass and we ran the Cherohala like our licenses were on fire while still in our back pockets. We got to the end and he hit the flashers and gave me a thumbs up. Good times. That was a sweet run.

As for the Father N Son going down. That just fills me with sadness. Wet road and maybe the guy hit an oily spot or sticks and leaves. Hard to say, but I hope they were going slow and didn't get hurt and most importantly, I hope they didn't hurt anyone else. Maybe the helmet was too big, but at least the kid had one and at least his Dad is taking him for a ride. That is more than what a lot of kids get. Could he have done better, yes, but it looks like he was trying.

xcgates 04-30-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReactorTrip (Post 15797038)
Hell if you ride there enough you will eventually come across cars that can and will out run you with ease. Especially on the skyway.

I'm reminded of the woman Top Gear has on from time to time, I'm pretty sure she races, but either way, she beat the pants out of quite a few people running around the Nuremberg in a van.

So, for most people, there is someone else out there who is faster than you, and very well may be faster than you even in an inferior machine. (Not getting into the "cars (or bikes) are faster than bikes (or cars)" )

anotherguy 04-30-2011 06:29 PM

I believe that would be Sabine Schmitz.

xcgates 04-30-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 15799016)
I believe that would be Sabine Schmitz.

Yep! That's her! :clap

SgtDuster 05-01-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove (Post 15797373)
Could he have done better, yes, but it looks like he was trying.

Sorry but from my point of view, while playing with child's life, "trying" ain't enough.

There are situations where you should always double-check, if not triple. And riding with a kid is one of them.

rocker59 05-01-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Stain (Post 15783861)
"How would you feel if it wasn't a faster bike behind you, but a faster cage that pushed past you within your lane on a double yellow?"

I have no problem waving cars by, if they're travelling faster than I happen to be travelling at the time... :deal

(none) 05-02-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Moore (Post 15791531)
Wait a minute! You say faster riders came up behind you, and you waved them past?! Madman!

Worse, they were BMW cars!:eek1

LuciferMutt 05-02-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtDuster (Post 15800854)
Sorry but from my point of view, while playing with child's life, "trying" ain't enough.

There are situations where you should always double-check, if not triple. And riding with a kid is one of them.

Agreed. "Trying" would have been putting the kid in full gear with a full face helmet for crying out loud. Some very basic research will reveal that the majority of head impacts to the ground occur in the facial and chin bar area!

Ritalin Boy 05-02-2011 07:29 AM

I'm curious...

When killboy sees a wreck does he put the camera down to help?

Seems like he witnesses quite a few. :eek1

DAKEZ 05-02-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy (Post 15809991)
I'm curious...

When killboy sees a wreck does he put the camera down to help?

Seems like he witnesses quite a few. :eek1

From what I understand... NO. He is a Photo-journalist and there are always others there with him to do that sort of thing. His job is to record it.

Ritalin Boy 05-02-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 15810010)
From what I understand... NO. He is a Photo-journalist and there are always others there with him to do that sort of thing. His job is to record it.

Oh. Like the ones Obama honored the other night at dinner?

I bet it be great for motorcycling if he started submitting his work to the AP. :rolleyes

I can understand why he would "hold his position" but to call it photo-journalism is quite a stretch.

DAKEZ 05-02-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy (Post 15810143)
I can understand why he would "hold his position" but to call it photo-journalism is quite a stretch.

How is it a stretch? He is a photographer and he is journaling what is taking place by taking pictures. Making a fair amount of money doing it too from what I understand. Just because he isn't submitting it to so called "news agencies” does not mean that it isn’t Photojournalism. :norton

Ritalin Boy 05-02-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 15810251)
How is it a stretch? He is a photographer and he is journaling what is taking place by taking pictures. Making a fair amount of money doing it too from what I understand. Just because he isn't submitting it to so called "news agencies” does not mean that it isn’t Photo-journalism. :norton

I hear ya.

It's kind like calling a kid on a moped a motorcyclist. Technically correct but not really the same thing.

bwalsh 05-02-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog (Post 15809671)
Agreed. "Trying" would have been putting the kid in full gear with a full face helmet that fit correctly for crying out loud. Some very basic research will reveal that the majority of head impacts to the ground occur in the facial and chin bar area!

Fixed...no added!:D

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:37 AM.