ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

bwalsh 05-29-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 18790701)
you don't know what you are talking about.

So what else is new? :D



Oh, here's a pic!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8z_eOEPGRM...-_5b2A/kb1.jpg

daveinva 05-29-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbreeze (Post 18790150)
lots of people go to the Dragon just because it's a bit of "rite of passage", just something you need to do to experience what all the talk is about. :D

This. I haven't been yet, but I imagine it's like Disneyland in the sense that you might have a fun day, you might have a lousy day, but it's still a place you have to go just to say you did. Doesn't mean you'd buy a season pass or anything.

Like many have said, there are plenty of good, even better, roads out there that are a lot less crowded, if at all.

But let's not kid ourselves: if the Dragon *was* devoid of all that pirate/squid/cop/truck/tourist traffic-- if it didn't have this "name" and marketing and all that jazz--- we'd all salivate over having this super-awesome secret twisty road to ourselves, right?

Don't hate the road, hate the players :wink:

TrashCan 05-29-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinva (Post 18790965)
This. I haven't been yet, but I imagine it's like Disneyland in the sense that you might have a fun day, you might have a lousy day, but it's still a place you have to go just to say you did. Doesn't mean you'd buy a season pass or anything.

Like many have said, there are plenty of good, even better, roads out there that are a lot less crowded, if at all.

But let's not kid ourselves: if the Dragon *was* devoid of all that pirate/squid/cop/truck/tourist traffic-- if it didn't have this "name" and marketing and all that jazz--- we'd all salivate over having this super-awesome secret twisty road to ourselves, right?

Don't hate the road, hate the players :wink:




You got it right.

It is now all about being there at the right time.:D


http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...21895783_n.jpg

Jim Moore 05-29-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IheartmyNx (Post 18789843)
Like that Footloose Soundtrack tape. Cooler that shit the first 200 times you listen to it, but a big fat "meh!" and in the .25 cent bin today.

Quoted, so you can't go back and change it. Footloose!:rofl

Dranrab Luap 05-29-2012 11:55 AM

Interesting. It looks like my participation in this thread piqued a little curiosity. Seems someone wanted to view my profile.

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
  1. <LI class=smallfont>DAKEZ* <LI class=smallfont>hankgs <LI class=smallfont>James Adams* <LI class=smallfont>KingRat* <LI class=smallfont>Kozmo* <LI class=smallfont>Mike92 <LI class=smallfont>overlandr* <LI class=smallfont>Roam* <LI class=smallfont>Shoganai*
  2. steve_k

Xplorr 05-29-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap (Post 18791459)
Interesting. It looks like my participation in this thread piqued a little curiosity. Seems someone wanted to view my profile.

At least those folks didn't hide the fact that they visited your profile. Lot's of people 'sneakin' around for whatever reason? :huh Sometimes this place reminds me of high school, mostly middle school. :D

workerant 05-29-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 18784584)

A couple of years ago I was dualsporting there near the state line. It was late afternoon and the sunlight was coming through the trees. I came around a corner and encountered like 10 little rodent-sized striped things milling around in the road. My shameful brain said, "WTF, are those dachshunds?"

Yes, genius. Wild Appalachian dachshunds foraging in the woods. Or maybe they're boar piglets and momma is just off your left shoulder. TIME TO GO

Boar are very common around here; I see more of them than I see deer or bears. Killgurl hit an adult boar while riding her motorcycle through the Gap a couple of years ago. Messed her up pretty good, too.

JimVonBaden 05-29-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrashCan (Post 18790701)
Your WAG is not working real good.

I will type slow for you...you don't know what you are talking about.

:photog

Jim :brow

birdie_xx 05-29-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 18790099)
Buffalo are not an invasive species. Greed and uncontrolled hunting(no regulations from the government) spurred the massacre of the Buffalo.

And that was my point. The Goverment let people do whatever they wanted then with the buffalos, also hoping to seriously weaken the Great Plains tribes... it worked ;)

ttpete 05-29-2012 03:50 PM

Hogs aren't indigenous to America. Neither are horses. Look what happened to Australia when some idiot introduced rabbits.

Xplorr 05-29-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoganai (Post 18792103)
I take it you've never be stalked. :bluduh :twitch

Uhh, no. Unless you count the 700 odd visits to my profie, by the same 10 visitors.

Quote:

Just because people ride doesn't make them your brother.
Or my sister for that matter. I'm trying to find peace with this sad reality. Thanks for helping.

Quote:

FWIW Mods can see the one's running silent.
Where they are, where they've been, deleted posts and everything. :deal
In the Mod Squad we trust, yes.

thetable 05-29-2012 05:39 PM

Sorry about stalking you xplorr, had to look at your profile to add you to my ignore list.



Back to the Gap Failure thread at hand, NOT THREAD FAIL!

How not to dorifto... http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Or...006&po=6&pc=35
And according to what I've heard, it was dude's buddy's bike because dude had already crashed his own.

muddriller 05-29-2012 05:53 PM

sorry to highjack........
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie_xx (Post 18793173)
And that was my point. The Goverment let people do whatever they wanted then with the buffalos, also hoping to seriously weaken the Great Plains tribes... it worked ;)


The 'Government" is us dude!!!! Maybe someone can attribute this quote, " Where the government fears the people there is liberty. Where the people fear the government there is tyranny."

Self restraint is what it takes and equals maturity.

Todd

Boon Booni 05-29-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplorr (Post 18793311)
Uhh, no. Unless you count the 700 odd visits to my profie, by the same 10 visitors.


760 :deal

DAKEZ 05-29-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoganai (Post 18790006)

Do you have stickers of ANY kind on your bike? no.


How about a tee shirt from a M/C gathering or museum or race or a M/C show? no.


If you have even ONE of the above well then PKB.


Why are you so judgmental, dismissive and condescending towards the experiences of others?

Lighten up Gwen. I am just having a little fun with a basement dweller. :D

how is it that you twist that into dismissive and condescending?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014