ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

MidMo 06-12-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto (Post 18888918)

I am not at all fond of the helmet skins, but I must admit, the matching paint scheme on the bike is hilarious!!! :rofl

CSI 06-12-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harris (Post 18889483)
I sometimes ride like that... my riding lawnmower on a hillside.

:lol3:rofl:lol3

That pic reminds me of the guy on the Road king....low wave going on...feet on the pegs.....next thing you know he is eatin asphalt.....

Yup....you looked real cool, dude....

UnsureFooting 06-12-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100mpg (Post 18891486)
holy shit, dont you know how ironic this is? awesome.

Do you know what irony is?

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

JimVonBaden 06-12-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

:photog

Word!:deal

Jim :brow

PS Some people need to lighten up and get that heavy ass chip off their shoulder. This is a thread filled with ridicule and trolling. Or maybe they are trolling too? :dunno:lol3

Ginger Beard 06-12-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IheartmyNx (Post 18888456)
That thing looks like it'll embarrass a Victory Vision in the weight department...

It will...By nearly 100lbs but I'm pretty sure that you meant the Vision would embarrass the Road Glide and not the other way around,right ? :

Killboy failure Dragon Fest Wording Fail fest thread NOW!! :lol3

fallingoff 06-12-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimVonBaden (Post 18892200)
:photog

Word!:deal

PS Some people need to lighten up and get that heavy ass chip off their shoulder. This is a thread filled with ridicule and trolling. Or maybe they are trolling too? :dunno:lol3

Ah the pot calling the kettle black
Jimmy the troll
Obese

Bill Harris 06-12-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah. Like this:

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1334342390

:D

mrbreeze 06-12-2012 06:40 AM

Harleys are filled with irony. Thats why there so heavy.

Jap bikes tend to be more aluminumy and plasticy.

:lol3

Bill Harris 06-12-2012 06:43 AM

And don't forget, German bikes are made of Unobtainium. :lol3

Benesesso 06-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Harris (Post 18892629)
And don't forget, German bikes are made of Unobtainium. :lol3

Horseshit, it's manurium. :eek1

JimVonBaden 06-12-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingoff (Post 18892345)
Ah the pot calling the kettle black
Jimmy the troll
Obese

You really never have gotten the idea of irony, have you? :rolleyes

GI_JO_NATHAN 06-12-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2wheels (Post 18891512)
..NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition :D

Said that to my wife yesterday and got a funny look. She's not big on movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnsureFooting (Post 18892175)

Hahaha!! Are y'all my long lost brothers? lol

thetable 06-12-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, I did some research on that...
"Ironic", used 11 times by him in 12000 posts, I'd have to say that would hardly qualify as "keep using this word."
And just to make sure there wasn't some derivative there of in use, I checked irony too, only 5 times.

Now you on the other hand, "bashing" and "bash" 5 times in 167 posts. "Dick" 6 times.
Don't you have some chrome to polish?

Offcamber 06-12-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Just for the record....

Quote:

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance)<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions. There is presently no accepted method for textually indicating irony, though an irony (punctuation) mark has been proposed. In the 1580's Henry Denham introduced a rhetorical question mark or percontation point which looks like a reversed question mark. This mark was also proposed by the French poet Marcel Bernhardt at the end of the 19th century to indicate irony or sarcasm.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" style="white-space:nowrap;">[by whom?]</sup>.
Ironic statements (verbal irony)<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> are statements that imply a meaning in opposition to their literal meaning. A situation is often said to be ironic (situational irony) if the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended. The discordance of verbal irony may be deliberately created as a means of communication (as in art or rhetoric). Descriptions or depictions of situational irony, whether in fiction or in non-fiction, serves the communicative function of sharpening or highlighting certain discordant features of reality. Verbal and situational irony are often used for emphasis in the assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, used in sarcasm, and some forms of litotes emphasize one's meaning by the deliberate use of language which states the opposite of the truth — or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.
In dramatic irony, the author causes a character to speak or act erroneously, out of ignorance of some portion of the truth of which the audience is aware. In other words, the audience knows the character is making a mistake, even as the character is making it. This technique highlights the importance of a particular truth by portraying a person who is strikingly unaware of it.

UnsureFooting 06-12-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetable (Post 18892902)
Just out of curiosity, I did some research on that...
"Ironic", used 11 times by him in 12000 posts, I'd have to say that would hardly qualify as "keep using this word."
And just to make sure there wasn't some derivative there of in use, I checked irony too, only 5 times.

Now you on the other hand, "bashing" and "bash" 5 times in 167 posts. "Dick" 6 times.
Don't you have some chrome to polish?

Nope. Sure don't, dick. (7)

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:45 PM.