ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Killboy failure Dragon Fest (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454662)

bwalsh 05-16-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieuxmc (Post 15924031)
Just came from the Nuclear Cowboyz show and wanted to try a Can-Can?

Which one? :evil

http://travelmaharishi.com/wp-conten...an_Dancers.jpg

250senuf 05-16-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 15924038)

Now there's a nice interlude from pics of nimrods on the wrong side of the double yellow. :clap :clap

Dave in Wi 05-16-2011 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=NJKLR riders you just don't take seriously.[/QUOTE]

Sig line material. Who will be the first to use it?

anotherguy 05-16-2011 10:51 AM

As if no one here has ever entered a corner too hot. :yikes

42 05-16-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 15925037)
As if no one here has ever entered a corner too hot. :yikes

And then run out of talent.

Yossarian™ 05-16-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42 (Post 15925058)
And then run out of talent.

Guilty as charged! :lol3

kg4lho 05-16-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 15925037)
As if no one here has ever entered a corner too hot. :yikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42 (Post 15925058)
And then run out of talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yossarian™ (Post 15926509)
Guilty as charged! :lol3

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_wave.gif

baloneyskin daddy 05-16-2011 04:10 PM

I always thought the lines on the road were like the numbers on the speed limit signs ,just a suggestion :lol3 When I can see theres no traffic coming the other direction I'll cross the line occasionally to maintain a nice pace. Never in a blind turn though.Anyone who says they've never done it is being dishonest at best.A lot of times on twisty roads I'll try to use only throttle control to maneuver the turns and just get into a nice rhythm and see how long I can avoid the brakes.

henrymartin 05-16-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy (Post 15927390)
I always thought the lines on the road were like the numbers on the speed limit signs ,just a suggestion :lol3 When I can see theres no traffic coming the other direction I'll cross the line occasionally to maintain a nice pace. Never in a blind turn though.Anyone who says they've never done it is being dishonest at best.A lot of times on twisty roads I'll try to use only throttle control to maneuver the turns and just get into a nice rhythm and see how long I can avoid the brakes.

Yup, did that last year going over the Berkshires. So many nice turns and twists, one after the other, throttle only, up and down-shifting. What a ride. Then the last curve kinda screw me -- it was an incremental radius and I came in too hot. Almost hit the gravel on the other side of the road, and had there been a car coming in the opposite direction, I would have been on top of it. Got my heart pumping real fast, too.

manfromthestix 05-17-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy (Post 15927390)
I always thought the lines on the road were like the numbers on the speed limit signs ,just a suggestion :lol3 When I can see theres no traffic coming the other direction I'll cross the line occasionally to maintain a nice pace. Never in a blind turn though.Anyone who says they've never done it is being dishonest at best.A lot of times on twisty roads I'll try to use only throttle control to maneuver the turns and just get into a nice rhythm and see how long I can avoid the brakes.

I agree that in some riding conditions this is a plausible approach to riding. I lived and rode out West for many years before moving to Virginia and one of the first things that struck me out here were the drastically reduced sight distances. I remember riding many times out West where I could see MILES down the road even though it was very twisty (ever ridden up the 14 mile entrance road to Mesa Verde National Park? That road is HOLY SHIT fun and twisty and you can see FOREVER, so passing Tourons and RVs on the double-yellow is FUN). Out here in the East there is so much vegetation that the sight distances usually argue against that kind of riding. I still do it here, but only if I can see clearly far enough ahead to complete a pass safely.

I think what you are seeing in most of these posted photos is simply sloppy riding, folks way outside their skill levels. The guy on the KLR is, I believe, being a bit stupid (how fast can he react to a problem?) but he's within his skill level.

Doug

gelandestrasse 05-17-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfromthestix (Post 15931631)
I think what you are seeing in most of these posted photos is simply sloppy riding, folks way outside their skill levels. The guy on the KLR is, I believe, being a bit stupid (how fast can he react to a problem?) but he's within his skill level.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_9988.jpg
At least he's in his lane. :1drink

gelandestrasse 05-17-2011 06:43 AM

http://emolasvegas.org/images/pirate.JPG

dwoodward 05-17-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfromthestix (Post 15931631)
I agree that in some riding conditions this is a plausible approach to riding. I lived and rode out West for many years before moving to Virginia and one of the first things that struck me out here were the drastically reduced sight distances. I remember riding many times out West where I could see MILES down the road even though it was very twisty (ever ridden up the 14 mile entrance road to Mesa Verde National Park?

Some of us who live "out west" would consider that "back east".

Get out to the coast, we got trees an' bushes an' hills here, too.

Just sayin'.

lemieuxmc 05-17-2011 08:28 AM

It's OK, she has ABS.

http://emolasvegas.org/images/pirate.JPG

Jim Moore 05-17-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gelandestrasse (Post 15931814)

Is this your new quest? Searching Killboy for amusing pics? I mean, it's OK, I'm just curious.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014