ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hacks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Sidecar Design Formula - IMPORTANT! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468196)

Get Back 05-25-2009 08:04 PM

Sidecar Design Formula - IMPORTANT!
 
.....By request, here's the wheel lead formula.


Thanks to Brock & Pete Smith.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula001.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula002.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula003.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula004.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula005.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...Formula006.jpg

Nemo DeNovo 05-26-2009 05:15 AM

Great article, thanks for posting :thumb

DirtyDR 05-26-2009 11:06 AM

Hope you don't mind if I add one in here.
http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/photos/48...Be7Yj-XL-1.jpg

RedMenace 05-26-2009 11:29 AM

Sidecar Alignment video
 
<object width="400" height="267"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=997615&amp;server=vimeo.com& amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portra it=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=997615&amp;server=vimeo.com& amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portra it=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="267"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/997615">Setting Up the Sidecar - Alignment</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user371939">Adventure Sidecar</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

phyllis 05-27-2009 12:32 AM

:rofl I knew you'd trot that "masterpiece" out!! He pulled the figures of 10 to 20 percent out of his ARSE!! Read it with some detached interest and you will see it's frogshit!!! Lineal offset :puke1 Differential rise:huh . Get real boys!

claude 05-27-2009 06:15 AM

The part about the amount of scrub at the sidecar tire with various amounts of wheel lead is well explained. Some good points made in all diagrams which are hard to express in just words.

koifarm 05-27-2009 09:24 AM

Realistic?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyllis
:rofl I knew you'd trot that "masterpiece" out!! He pulled the figures of 10 to 20 percent out of his ARSE!! Read it with some detached interest and you will see it's frogshit!!! Lineal offset :puke1 Differential rise:huh . HAR FUCKEN HA!!!! Get real boys!

Okay Phyllis, why don't YOU get real and post something intelligent other than slandering someone who had good information out there!
Let's hear YOUR version of set up dude, it probably entails baling wire and duct tape pulled out of your arse.....

tripodtiger 05-27-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koifarm
Okay Phyllis, why don't YOU get real and post something intelligent other than slandering someone who had good information out there!
Let's hear YOUR version of set up dude, it probably entails baling wire and duct tape pulled out of your arse.....

You'd be wrong.

RedMenace 05-27-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brockoli
.... If anybody wants it 'DUMBED DOWN' I can do that for them...Thanks


I'd like it "dumbed downed" please and thank you.

Can you simplify it to where I can plug in track width and wheel base, for instance, and arrive at an ideal or ideal range for sidecar wheel lead? I appreciate the article and might understand it when I get a chance to sit down and mull it over, but it doesn't come naturally to me and I am busy trying to rebuild a couple of hacks for the BlackDog.


And Phyliss,
I'd be genuinely interested in how you determine where to set the sidecar wheel lead on your builds, as well. Lot's of ways to skin a cat-how do you do it?

RedMenace 05-27-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockoli
".... If anybody wants it 'DUMBED DOWN' I can do that for them...Thanks "



I'd like it "dumbed downed" please and thank you.

Can you simplify it to where I can plug in track width and wheel base, for instance, and arrive at an ideal or ideal range for sidecar wheel lead? I appreciate the article and might understand it when I get a chance to sit down and mull it over, but it doesn't come naturally to me and I am busy trying to rebuild a couple of hacks for the BlackDog.

johno 05-27-2009 08:03 PM

:lurk :lurk This is going to be interesting:D

koifarm 05-27-2009 08:26 PM

Flying!
 
A good friend of mine often said:
"You can catch a lot more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar!"

nuff said!!

brockoli 05-27-2009 09:40 PM

Not sure how or why this thread got started. I did offer to simplify it if you need, not to negate any ones abilities, just to help. It is just intended to help, to use as a starting point or just to inform or help to understand how things work better than if you where to just guess. If you don't like it, oh well. It does work and after hundreds of installs based on this, I can say that with confidence. I would appreciate this thread removed as it serves no purposeful use to any ones benefit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it is a verbal attack aimed to discredit someone, that's uncalled for. Thanks.

TouringDave 05-27-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johno
:lurk :lurk This is going to be interesting:D

Ian, I know of Mr. Duffy and yes, this should be interesting. Awaiting a response. Or not.

TouringDave 05-27-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brockoli
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it is a verbal attack aimed to discredit someone, that's uncalled for. Thanks.

I agree, that's why we have moderators. I'll personally be watching this one.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014