ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SIDI boot wearing people, check in! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469450)

Bbasso 05-29-2009 01:53 PM

SIDI boot wearing people, check in!

Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear.
Where you bought them from?
Price paid?
What type of use?
Pros?
Cons?

What you would change about them?
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?

Reason why I'm asking, I'm about a week from buying a boot and leaning towards the SIDI Charger Boots.
They will be for DP use...

Thanks!

Yossarian™ 05-29-2009 02:31 PM

Sidi Vertigos
Paid $180 for them, barely used.
Used on track and on street.
I love the feel of these boots. They're like vaginas for your feet.

I so want a set of Crossfires for my off-road boots.

onaXR 05-29-2009 02:47 PM

SIDI Discovery
dont recall were but it was a online store.
220.00ish
DP use
left boot has small leak at seam to sole area, emailed sidi and have no reply after 2 weeks.
But I love the boots.

Chuck289 05-29-2009 04:07 PM

Sidi Canyon.
$300.00
The main reason I got them was because I wanted a good DP boot for easy riding like fire and service roads and was waterproof. I rarely encounter water while riding, but I like them because I often get off the bike and hike around and wanted somethin I could walk through streams and stuff with.

They are very comfortable but they feel a little spacious for me, but I guess thats a plus for when I need to wear thicker socks as I havnt used them in the cold yet.

NJ-GS 05-29-2009 04:18 PM

Also Sidi Canyon.

Bought mine from the US distributor, Motonation, http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/v...p?idCategory=7

New Enought also sells them with free shipping, http://www.newenough.com/boots/water...cle_boots.html

* SHAG * 05-29-2009 06:18 PM

Vertebra ll Tepor. Good boots and are waterproof.

$250 ? 10.5-47. I've had them 7-8 years

I wear a shorter boot most of the time now on trips but like them for local riding :1drink

sanjoh 05-29-2009 06:26 PM

Sidi Onroad, new enough, $225, 43/9.5, wear 9.5 sneaker. Great boots, seriously waterproof!

Sidi Raptor $35:D ADVfleamarket, 43/9.5, Awesome boot with great protection and comfortable enough to walk in.

threadkiller 05-29-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbasso
Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear.
Where you bought them from?
Price paid?
What type of use?
Pros?
Cons?

What you would change about them?
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?

Reason why I'm asking, I'm about a week from buying a boot and leaning towards the SIDI Charger Boots.
They will be for DP use...

Thanks!

Discovery's
Online Store
$225.00
Dual Sporting
Pros: They fit like an old pair of shoes.
Cons: I have big calves. They need a little more material so the boot closes up all the way.

See "Cons".
Size 13 normal. Size 13 US or 48 EU boots.

Norhasken 05-29-2009 07:02 PM

+2 Canyon

All day comfort

Jedediah 05-29-2009 08:30 PM

+3 Sidi Canyons. My first boots. Just plain comfortable to wear and walk in. Easy fit under jeans. 3 years now. My favorites. Not as much protection as I would like.

Sidi Crossfires. Total protection. Moto cross boot. these are dirt boots. But I did take them to Patagonia and felt protected sloping thru mud and the long dirt sections. All day long riding is not an issue. With effort I can get them under the R2P pant leg. Most comfortable boot in its class (for me). Breaking in takes time. I work in a scrap metal yard and wore them for a week. Not a dent. I will probably have these for a long time. You can walk in these monsters but the squeeking is a pain in the ass. If anyone has a trick please share.

And if I may:

Bought a pair of BMW Santiagos. Wanted something in the middle. More protection than the Canyon but not that short of the Crossfire. Discos did not do it for me.

Sizing:

Sidi seems pretty true. I have to purchase an 11 to fit my 10 1/2. Just a tad loose. A simple Dr.Schools in each Sidi does the trick. BMW was way to big. Had to go down two sizes?

You can't go wrong with Sidi boots. I highly recommend them for comfort and long wear.

Jed.

MOLAHS 05-29-2009 08:41 PM

Sidi Raptor Evo

$140, Extreme Supply, just purchased and very stiff, glad someone else mentioned they were "awesome" so I have something to look forward to. Wear size 44 with Oxtar Matrix and these are 44 and fit just as well. Normally 44 in sneakers.

MTNView 05-30-2009 12:59 AM

Discoverys. Paid about $230 online. Size 48 is plenty big for my US 13's. A little wide for my foot so I use a pair of Superfeet insoles to improve the fit. They are also tight around my big calves but OK. Would be nice to have more adjustment here. They seem HD enough for DS off-road use, and my feet feel well protected. I added pivot-pegz so shifting would be a little easier.

PSUcanary 05-30-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threadkiller
Discovery's
Online Store
$225.00
Dual Sporting
Pros: They fit like an old pair of shoes.
Cons: I have big calves. They need a little more material so the boot closes up all the way.

See "Cons".
Size 13 normal. Size 13 US or 48 EU boots.

Where at that $$ ? Thanks:D

PSUcanary 05-30-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTNView
Discoverys. Paid about $230 online. Size 48 is plenty big for my US 13's. A little wide for my foot so I use a pair of Superfeet insoles to improve the fit. They are also tight around my big calves but OK. Would be nice to have more adjustment here. They seem HD enough for DS off-road use, and my feet feel well protected. I added pivot-pegz so shifting would be a little easier.

Same Question..

Where at that $$ ? Thanks:D

Littlepeter 05-30-2009 05:12 PM

Sidi Discovery

Sidi Discovery, purchaced last year from ****star. I think I paid $269.00.
I wear a size 11 shoe but went with the size 46 boot and memory foam insoles. Very comfortable but a little warm in the summer (to be expected I guess).I use them for DS riding. I am content with them as is.
P.S. Don't wear them on your hardwood floors when you are breaking them in. The screws in the toe caps leave little divots all over the place!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:40 PM.