ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   NASCAR Fans check in. (Haters welcome) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486631)

Human Ills 07-18-2009 12:45 AM

NASCAR Fans check in. (Haters welcome)

Who thinks Mayfield was stupid enough to use meth after a successful court decision that reinstated him?

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/opin...eld/index.html

TheDudeAbides 07-18-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Human Ills
Who thinks Mayfield was stupid enough to use meth after a successful court decision that reinstated him?

He's stupid enough to be in NASCAR, right?

(btw, what the hell is this doing is Sports?)

Human Ills 07-18-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
He's stupid enough to be in NASCAR, right?

(btw, what the hell is this doing is Sports?)

Racing is generally considered sport.

It seems odd to me. Years ago, a lifetime ago really, I had a pretty serious habit. Even then I wouldn't do it if I had reason to believe that I'd be tested.

Maybe my habit wasn't as hardcore as I thought, but I think NASCAR is lying and fabricating test results in order to save face.

TheDudeAbides 07-18-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Maybe my habit wasn't as hardcore as I thought, but I think NASCAR is lying and fabricating test results in order to save face.

I don't. I think the guy is a Meth Head in denial. (See Robert Downey Jr., David Crosby, Redmond O'Neal, and any MLB player who's been caught since testing started. Not all Meth, but all druggies who will lie, cheat, steal, and lie some more to keep the addiction alive). I don't think NASCAR's saving face. I think NASCAR might just be saving the guy's life.

Human Ills 07-18-2009 01:08 AM

How about Mark Martin? If the Chase started this week, Martin would start out in first place due to his four wins.
Kyle Bush has three wins and would be ten points back in second.
That would represent quite a jump in position considering that they are 11th and 10th in the points respectively.

The Chase cutoff is the top 12 drivers in points following the 26th race.
19 races are in the books.

wxwax 07-18-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

I think the guy is a Meth Head in denial.

I agree. His behavior is outlandish.

Ernest T. Bass 07-18-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Racing is generally considered sport.

It seems odd to me. Years ago, a lifetime ago really, I had a pretty serious habit. Even then I wouldn't do it if I had reason to believe that I'd be tested.

we will never know the truth. the france family is so fucked up in the head and runs nascar like shit. they would never say they messed up the results and own up to it. ofcourse they will shit on jeremy to save themselves any bad pub and get him out and far away from the sport.

Human Ills 07-18-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wxwax
I agree. His behavior is outlandish.

He's blaming his stepmother.

TheDudeAbides 07-18-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

How about Mark Martin? If the Chase started this week, Martin would start out in first place due to his four wins.
Kyle Bush has three wins and would be ten points back in second.
That would represent quite a jump in position considering that they are 11th and 10th in the points respectively.

The Chase cutoff is the top 12 drivers in points following the 26th race.
19 races are in the books.

This proves that "The Chase" is stupid. It's got a scoring system that makes figure skating look like tether ball, it makes the regualr season less relevent, and it fabricates a playoff system that is transparently contrived.

But it'd be cool to see an old timer like Martin have one more day of glory. Kinda like Tom Watson at the British Open this week.

Human Ills 07-18-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

This proves that "The Chase" is stupid. It's got a scoring system that makes figure skating look like tether ball, it makes the regualr season less relevent, and it fabricates a playoff system that is transparently contrived.

But it'd be cool to see an old timer like Martin have one more day of glory. Kinda like Tom Watson at the British Open this week.

I'm with you on the Chase. Many fans hate it.
And I think it would be very cool for Martin to finally win a Championship.

TheDudeAbides 07-18-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

His stepmother didn't test positive.

Human Ills 07-18-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

His stepmother didn't test positive.

I wouldn't assume that means anything more than she is not in a position requiring testing.

You could very well be right. I can see him being a tweak, nothing unusual about that.

But I would not be surprised if it's bullshit. I don't think NASCAR has the credibility to police itself.

TheDudeAbides 07-18-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

You could very well be right. I can see him being a tweak, nothing unusual about that.

I'd hope there is something very unusual about that. I'd like to think the guys racing at 200mph weren't up the night before cooking their Claritin D with pseudophed on a hot plate back at the RV.

Human Ills 07-18-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

I'd hope there is something very unusual about that. I'd like to think the guys racing at 200mph weren't up the night before cooking their Claritin D with pseudophed on a hot plate back at the RV.

That's the story his stepmother told NASCAR. She said that when he first started doing meth, he was cooking his own, and that he later started buying it.

There was a kid in the truck series that was doing heroin while racing.

wxwax 07-18-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

He's a mess.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:20 PM.