ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Layin' down tracks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tom Tom Repair (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492878)

Knighthawk 08-05-2009 06:33 AM

Tom Tom Repair
 
I have a Tom Tom 920 and the audio out jack on the bottom of the unit came loose and fell inside the unit.

It's out of warranty and Tom Tom doesn't actually repair their units, they only replace them. :bluduh

Other than the audio jack, the unit works great.

Does anyone know of any reliable place that does repairs on Tom Toms?

VStromNC 08-05-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I have a Tom Tom 920 and the audio out jack on the bottom of the unit came loose and fell inside the unit.

It's out of warranty and Tom Tom doesn't actually repair their units, they only replace them. :bluduh

Other than the audio jack, the unit works great.

Does anyone know of any reliable place that does repairs on Tom Toms?

I had the same exact problemn with the audio jack on my Nuvi 350- intermittent and had to keep jiggling to make it work. I finally called Garmin and even though it was out of warranty as I had it for over 2.5 years, Garmin gave me a RMA# to return and handled under warranty. In fact, when I received a replacement unit about a week and half later, I noticed that it also had the updated 2008 map!

Try Tom Tom to see if they will work with you.

Jon

Knighthawk 08-05-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VStromNC

Try Tom Tom to see if they will work with you.

Jon

I have. They won't repair an out of warranty unit. I was told this on two seperate occasions. :bluduh

Cyclepath 08-06-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I have. They won't repair an out of warranty unit. I was told this on two seperate occasions. :bluduh

take it apart, see what came loose, screw it back together.
whatcha got to loose ? :wink:

cyclepath


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014