ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522269)

JoeyBones 11-05-2009 04:06 AM

Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

A few of us here in the Queen City are planning to get together to eat pizza, tell lies about our riding prowess, brag about our latest farkles and plan a ride or two.

Hawthorne's Pizza at 1701 E. 7th St. is sorta kinda centrally located re: North vs. South, etc. and has some of the best pizza in town.

Update 2014: This thread has become as much a ride-planning thread as anything else! If you landed here on this page please go to the last few pages (they turn over pretty quickly these days) and you'll find folks to ride with - street bikes, big dual-sports, little dual-sports, even straight up dirt bikes.

WE MEET-UP ON THE THIRD THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH AT HAWTHORNE'S (1701 E. 7th ST). AROUND 6 PM FOR MOST FOLKS BUT SHOW UP WHEN YOU CAN! THE 2014 SCHEDULE IS:

January 16th * February 20th * March 20th * April 17th

May 15th * June 19th * July 17th * August 21st

September 18th * October 16th * November 20th * December 18th

tacoma87 11-05-2009 10:32 AM

Im pretty sure I am in....I hate to pick teams with two conflicting dinners but Fridays usually dont work for me so I will commit to this one for now....Also asked you in a PM but I am sure others will be interested....Is this going to be wife friendly?

Ben

VStromNC 11-05-2009 12:06 PM

I am going to try and attend this one.

Should be fun. Similar post on Carolina Riders Forum from other local ADVrider/DS riding buddies.

http://www.carolinariders.com/forums...ead.php?t=4036

Jon

bpg 11-05-2009 04:21 PM

Cool stuff - already have about 8 folks from the CR forum looking to join up, and I can think of a few more that haven't posted up yet! :clap

Gonna be a good time!:freaky

JoeyBones 11-05-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacoma87
....Is this going to be wife friendly?

Ben

Wife-friendly AND girlfriend-friendly (not at the same time of course).

:rofl

lostmarbles 11-06-2009 11:38 AM

dam i can't have them there at the same time :huh :lol3 :lol3

bpg 11-08-2009 07:18 AM

Dang - this is growing fast! Now there are at least 12 folks hoping to make this grip-'n-grin from the Carolina Riders Forum. :freaky C'mon out ADVers in the Charlotte area - meet, eat, and spin yarns all evening!
:clap

puddle jumper 2 11-14-2009 11:01 AM

new here today and glad to see some one has got this together sounds like a plan underway. i will be there with maybe 3 to 4 others.:clap

JoeyBones 11-14-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddle jumper 2
new here today and glad to see some one has got this together sounds like a plan underway. i will be there with maybe 3 to 4 others.:clap

Excellent! I stopped by there today and spoke to one of the Managers - they look forward to seeing us on Thursday. I'll post up tomorrow with some parking info etc.

:freaky

JoeyBones 11-16-2009 09:10 AM

There's only about 5 or 6 parking spaces out front, and then there's ample parking in the back. Most of the areas in the back are OK for parking after 5 PM, except for the one gravel lot (not that I like parking on gravel anyway). The gravel lot is off limits.

Look forward to seeing a few folks Thursday eve!

Wanderer13 11-16-2009 01:50 PM

Looks like I will not be able to attend this one. You guys have fun.

bpg 11-17-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyBones
There's only about 5 or 6 parking spaces out front, and then there's ample parking in the back. Most of the areas in the back are OK for parking after 5 PM, except for the one gravel lot (not that I like parking on gravel anyway). The gravel lot is off limits.

Look forward to seeing a few folks Thursday eve!

Cool stuff - I'll try to get there around 6 and park tightly into the corner of a space. Feel free to cram as many bikes behind/beside it as possible, just try not to knock any mud er dead birds off the bike, OK??:wink:

JoeyBones 11-18-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpg
Cool stuff - I'll try to get there around 6 and park tightly into the corner of a space. Feel free to cram as many bikes behind/beside it as possible, just try not to knock any mud er dead birds off the bike, OK??:wink:

I will do the same. In fact, maybe I'll get there at 5, block off TWO spaces in the front and take my every-Thursday-at-5PM-conference call from the parking lot. Or the bathroom. Or the street corner.

HEY! Maybe I could find some of those those little orange traffic cones.....

bpg 11-19-2009 02:26 AM

sounds good! gonna be nice out today, so whoever gets there first maybe see if we can get a few tables outside. :thumb Lot easier to converse, move around, pull up chairs, etc. if we are out o' doors.

I think there are 2 outside areas, maybe they'll let us "occupy" the Hawthorne St side?

I'll likely be wearing a white Fuzzy Beaver Rally shirt, see y'all this evening! :clap

JoeyBones 11-19-2009 07:19 PM

I had a great time this evening and enjoyed meeting everyone. - Special kudos to Caroleen (NavyCoat) for wobbling out in her full-length leg cast!

In the future I won't be so formal as to get everyone's name and "handle", but it helps me to learn names and stuff when I first meet folks. Present and accounted for at the first "Charlotte / Pizza / 3rd Thursday", from both ADV and the Carolina Riders forum were...

VFRCAUV, BPG, rocketman1098S, NavyCoat, Livermush, XRsquared, Jeff2051, puddle jumper 2, Mike Dap, MachVIII, NascarVirgin, SgtMike and of course yours truly JoeyBones.

I think a Billion pictures were taken - POST 'EM UP!!

And a special thanks to co-host and official CR forum liaison, BPG (aka BPGxx).

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:04 AM.