GPS topo map for mexico - Map E32 2010 update is available!
I have just recieved an email today from CARTOGRAFIA GPS ( MAP E32) that the 2010 UPDATE for the Map E32 is available, it looks prety nice, I updated allready and has a lot of detail
this is the info they sent:
CARTOGRAFIA GPS has the pleasure to inform you that the update 2010 for the MAP E32 is available!
Changes MADE IN 2010:
*we added elevation countour lines every 30 mt to all Mexico
*we added thousands of names of little towns and villages in all Mexico
*We improved the type of line and color for dirt roads and trails
*tha country was devided into 493 sections because of the file size
- The following States had some changes: Chihuahua, Coahuila, Hidalgo, Morelos, San Luis Potosí, Sonora y Veracruz
* We made corrections on existing Roads and Highways
* We traced missing Roads and Highways
* We detailed Underpasses, Crossroads and Avenues
* We detailed Airports and runways
* We made corrections on railroad tracks
* We traced rivers and lakes
-We traced more than 80% of the dirt roads and trails from the following States: NUEVO LEÓN Y QUERÉTARO
-The map was 240 MB now it is 720 MB
this is the link to their web site
screenshots of the map 2010
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psmexico07.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psmexico14.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psmexico15.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psmexico16.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psmexico19.jpg
Does this mapset also work on your computer or just the GPS device?
Yes, it will install into MapSource / BaseCamp (PC/MAC).
is this a better choise than bicimaps
or do you guys use both?
I have both....we only use Tracks for our tours so E32 is a good option as it has more Brecha (small dirt roads).
If you need routing then Bicimapas is quite good although we have experienced many gaps in the routing data so you need to be checking your auto-routing and not just take it for granted that it routed properly or the "best" way.
Where can I buy this? I live in San Diego.
OK, thanks, I had not seen the online download...
Mexico Topographic GPS Map
Here is the latest and most up to date Mexico Topo Map July 2012 and it is also a Mexico GPS Map with turn by turn direction in English and Spanish
Added 20 meter (60 feet) contours for the full country
· Added a full new hydrology data set. Now the river outlines have a very high precision and we increased the coverage in all the country.
· About 550,000 new points of interest of which 200,000 are natural ones to support better off road navigation. The remainder are increased urban POIs.
How does the GPSTravelMap compare with the E-32 regarding trails, dirt roads, pueblos and ranchitos in Baja?
E32 map blows Mexico gps maps competition
If anyone out there has e32 map and does a search on "la cieneguilla" close to Monterrery, go a picture comparison of both mapsets to verify quality of E32.
E32 is still the best Mexico Topo mapset
|Times are GMT -7. It's 11:59 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014