ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545850)

mr moto 02-09-2008 04:44 AM

The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Now this could be interesting , according to motorcyclenews , yamaha are working on a 1200cc adventure/sports bike for 2009 ! could this be a realistic attempt at last from one of the major japanese manufacturer,s to take on BMW,s 1200 gs ? . i wonder what the engine layout will be ? could it come from one of their existing bikes, or will it be something entirely new . the plan,s are due to be shown in next week,s motorcyclenews , which is out next wednesday . if they show any pic,s i will post them here right away . i got this info from motorcyclenews , who send out an email trailing what will appear in next week,s edition .

Pulasky 02-09-2008 05:18 AM

I hope that new Yamaha enduro tourer will keep charakter of old Super Tenere or new Tenere... No need another Varadero or VStrom which are good bikes but totaly pavement oriented... Hopefully Yamaha will make step towards more dirt and off road oriented bikes .. like KTM Adventure or GS ... In the past they prooved that can make good off road tourers... XTZ 750 Super Tenere a few times Dakar winner.

paochow 02-09-2008 08:24 AM

:lurk

Always been partial to those Yamahammers.

Kawidad 02-09-2008 08:54 AM

:tb

But, will it ever make it to the US? :baldy

fatalerror 02-09-2008 01:37 PM

http://www.rallye-tenere.net/Bilder/...h_rechts_2.jpg

Paulvt1 02-09-2008 03:38 PM

Oh yes. Lets hope there is some truth to this rumour.

Kainic 02-09-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatalerror

Don't count on it......

CapoGreg 02-09-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawidad
:tb

But, will it ever make it to the US? :baldy

I can't believe you wasted your time typing this question. We don't get cool stuff like that. We get metallic purple Hummer H3's with gold spinner rims and 5 million watt sound systems. But that's what the marketing experts in America want us to want.

That would be nice though.

88NX250 02-09-2008 10:21 PM

1200cc...it's going to be a tank and we all know it.

DavidFarrellGarcia 02-10-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr moto
Now this could be interesting , according to motorcyclenews , yamaha are working on a 1200cc adventure/sports bike for 2009 ! could this be a realistic attempt at last from one of the major japanese manufacturer,s to take on BMW,s 1200 gs ? . i wonder what the engine layout will be ? could it come from one of their existing bikes, or will it be something entirely new . the plan,s are due to be shown in next week,s motorcyclenews , which is out next wednesday . if they show any pic,s i will post them here right away . i got this info from motorcyclenews , who send out an email trailing what will appear in next week,s edition .

hmmm. can you post the email from MCN. I no longer subscribe to MCN but my buddy, who does said that all he read was that there was going to be posting a review of the Yamaha XT250 but nothing about a Yam 1200 ADV bike.. but maybe he missed it since it is not his area of interest. In any case, I would be interested in seeing the email if ya still got it.

vander 02-10-2008 12:37 PM

I was in this post!!

:D

(will see if this beates the record of the F800/650GS "merged threadfest")

Don't shoot me!!! 02-10-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vander
I was in this post!!

:D

(will see if this beates the record of the F800/650GS "merged threadfest")

:poser

olie 02-10-2008 02:21 PM

TDM?? MT-03 modified??

mr moto 02-10-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidFarrellGarcia
hmmm. can you post the email from MCN. I no longer subscribe to MCN but my buddy, who does said that all he read was that there was going to be posting a review of the Yamaha XT250 but nothing about a Yam 1200 ADV bike.. but maybe he missed it since it is not his area of interest. In any case, I would be interested in seeing the email if ya still got it.

sorry i deleted it , you will just have to hold out until this coming wednesday when the paper comes out , i will scan the article and any pic,s then .

Northwoods Yeti 02-11-2008 07:50 AM

The correlation between chaps and the mentally handicapped

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr moto

In the US we only have one (V-Strom/Suzuki). I'm sure we'll get boned once again. We just have way to many poser's over here who buy 80 year old styled boulevard barges to justify importing an actualy useful motorcyle. :baldy

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 PM.