ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Forma Adventure Boots (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560146)

rockinrog 03-17-2010 01:54 PM

Forma Adventure Boots
 
1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge/use of this boot.
I checked with FormaUSA and they are only importing 1 style of boot for now...I know weird. Does anyone know where I could buy a pair online (that will ship to the U.S)?
http://www.formaboots.com/site/sched...peedway&id=121

BHW 03-17-2010 01:59 PM

Nice looking boot....sorry I'm useless beyond conversation!

swingset 03-17-2010 03:48 PM

Nice boot, love my Forma Dominators these would be slick. I haven't seen a euro dealer that shows them in stock yet. Might try M&P Direct in the UK, I've ordered from them before and they carry Forma.

rockinrog 03-17-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swingset
Nice boot, love my Forma Dominators these would be slick. I haven't seen a euro dealer that shows them in stock yet. Might try M&P Direct in the UK, I've ordered from them before and they carry Forma.

Thanks I Emailed them to ask if they could get them. I also emailed Forma euro and asked where I could order from.

Wreckluse 03-17-2010 08:12 PM

Let us know if you find a place to buy them. I'd be interested in a pair.

Wreck

Brtp4 03-18-2010 11:50 AM

Those things are nice, I saw them at the trade show last month.

BP

Rider_WV 03-18-2010 01:10 PM

nice looking boots!!

Forma makes some great boots---wish there was a great dealer here on ADV--maybe someone like atomicmoto.....hint hint wink wink:lol3

rockinrog 03-18-2010 06:02 PM

hmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider_WV
nice looking boots!!

Forma makes some great boots---wish there was a great dealer here on ADV--maybe someone like atomicmoto.....hint hint wink wink:lol3

Here is their boot page http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-Boots/Categories no sign of any forma ????

Astolfo 03-18-2010 07:17 PM

but what about these
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrog
Here is their boot page http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-Boots/Categories no sign of any forma ????

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/t...d-boots/Detail

the look pretty good too....
any feedback on these

Brtp4 03-18-2010 08:21 PM

The Gaerne's are excellent. They are not as popular as the Sidi's, and a little less stiff. I feel they fit more people, better, and are just as well made. Still actually made in the Gaerne factory is Coste, not even in a satellite.

The Formas are also nice. A little lighter, fit just as well. More internal reinforcements. Not available here though. Bummer.

BP

Brtp4 03-18-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrog
Here is their boot page http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-Boots/Categories no sign of any forma ????

We sold out of all the Forma closeouts we had. Looking fwd to getting some of the new stuff.

BP

Astolfo 03-19-2010 05:45 AM

More reinforcements than the Gaeme?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brtp4
The Gaerne's are excellent. They are not as popular as the Sidi's, and a little less stiff. I feel they fit more people, better, and are just as well made. Still actually made in the Gaerne factory is Coste, not even in a satellite.

The Formas are also nice. A little lighter, fit just as well. More internal reinforcements. Not available here though. Bummer.

BP

what is your price policy? i found the same boots almost $50 less...

Brtp4 03-19-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astolfo
what is your price policy? i found the same boots almost $50 less...

It follows Gaernes, which is 10% off. I saw a few of those ads on Monday, can't touch 'em. Go get 'em.

BP

rockinrog 04-12-2010 05:24 PM

Forma ATV 1
 
1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find the Adventures but I was able to find the predecessor (I think) which is the Forma ATV1. These are the first "riding" boots I have bought so not much to compare them to. Took them out on the bike and they are nice and comfortable. It took a little bit to get used to shifting/breaking with a stiff boot like this but no problems shifting after I got used to using the shift pad on the boots.

Babysteps 04-13-2010 01:52 AM

I have the ATV1 boots as above and they are great boots! I've been shin deep in water on the pegs and come out with dry feet. They have enough give in them to walk comfortably and have withstood some pretty serious abuse over the time I've had them.

They look identical to the 'Adventure' model.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014