ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hack Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   CJ750 sidecar-WWII based BMW R71 and R75 replica (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572715)

MichaelLi 04-24-2010 03:22 AM

CJ750 sidecar-WWII based BMW R71 and R75 replica
 
cj750 sidecar is the most specialy vehical in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region></st1:place>, but more and more people hope to get one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It's the replica of WWII BMW r71 and R75, keep very original WWII BMW elements, changjiang is the third generation of it.<o:p></o:p>
Bikes can be custom rebuilt by your taste, can be shipped to many countries, can be registered as antique bikes.<o:p></o:p>
changjiangsidecar shop offer high quality bikes to our high level customers, with two years warrenty for any parts and any problems.<o:p></o:p>
you can vivist or contact changjiangsidecar shop as below:<o:p></o:p>
www.changjiangsidecar.com<o:p></o:p>
e-mail:changjiangsidecar@yahoo.com<o:p></o:p>
skype:changjiangsidecar<o:p></o:p>
msn:changjiangsidecar@hotmail.com <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> http://www.changjiangsidecar.com/upl...5173401335.jpg</o:p>

Uncle Ernie 04-24-2010 04:17 AM

Well- if more and more people hope to get one, I think I should hope to get one also.





(any idea what the average hope time is?)

AlanCT 04-24-2010 04:21 AM

I thought one's first post was supposed to be something breast-related down in JM.

RedMenace 04-24-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanCT
I thought one's first post was supposed to be something breast-related down in JM.

This bike is the tits! Now move the thread to JoMama:rofl

claude 04-24-2010 11:28 AM

Interesting wheels for WWII vintage. Red seats and hand grip color cordination is smoothe.

What's the deal on those fender suport thingies though? :brow

OMW 04-24-2010 02:20 PM

Red Seats ! :puke1

bmwhacker 04-25-2010 10:17 AM

:poser

Chrome turn signals were real high on the list for the Wehrmacht....


.:spam

mikec101 04-26-2010 03:28 AM

Can the learned members advise me, would I be utterly insane to attempt to buy one of these in China and ride it home, to Ireland? (Ignoring for the moment potential licensing, customs, and export issues)

And if so, is utter insanity of that type really a bad thing? I'll guarantee a trip report with lots of pics.

How about the rebuilt CJs with a BMW engine put in them? I'm assuming there's still a lot that can go wrong, final drive etc, but at least the engine would be reliable.

I wouldn't be looking to do it for a few years, possibly five, but currently I'm not up to much mechanically on a bike (no problem learning though).

Or is it just a complete non runner of an idea? Better to get a modern Ural and do it? (Runs into it's own problems with the left vs right hand sidecar thing). I know logically it would make a lot more sense to get a newer, more reliable bike, and probably even scrap the sidecar idea, but when it comes to bikes I've always let my heart rule my head, and I'd love to have one of these bikes, plus the story on how I got it back, at home.

Tarka 04-26-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikec101
Can the learned members advise me, would I be utterly insane to attempt to buy one of these in China and ride it home, to Ireland? (Ignoring for the moment potential licensing, customs, and export issues)

And if so, is utter insanity of that type really a bad thing? I'll guarantee a trip report with lots of pics.

How about the rebuilt CJs with a BMW engine put in them? I'm assuming there's still a lot that can go wrong, final drive etc, but at least the engine would be reliable.

I wouldn't be looking to do it for a few years, possibly five, but currently I'm not up to much mechanically on a bike (no problem learning though).

Or is it just a complete non runner of an idea? Better to get a modern Ural and do it? (Runs into it's own problems with the left vs right hand sidecar thing). I know logically it would make a lot more sense to get a newer, more reliable bike, and probably even scrap the sidecar idea, but when it comes to bikes I've always let my heart rule my head, and I'd love to have one of these bikes, plus the story on how I got it back, at home.


You can buy Chang Jiangs within the UK mate.

Mostly sidevalvers but I think the OHV ones like that one in the photo,too.

Beware they make Dneprs look refined and Urals look space age.

I`d drop that idea of yours if not mechanically clued up and not of a WWID mindset.....and as you infer,the license/insurance/documentation issues would be considerable.

Personally I`d only consider a CJ as a totally 'dark side' occasional pastime item to use any spare time and money on,rather than daily users which my Urals are.

vortexau 04-26-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude
Interesting wheels for WWII vintage. Red seats and hand grip color cordination is smoothe.

What's the deal on those fender suport thingies though? :brow

Those "fender suport thingies" to which you refer (always thought the word support had two pps?) have extra large grab handles so that two men can move one of these onboard a retrieval vehicle.

Don't know if THAT information is in this book:
http://www.molotovmotors.com/books.html

mikec101 05-04-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarka
You can buy Chang Jiangs within the UK mate.

Where's the adventure in that though :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarka
Mostly sidevalvers but I think the OHV ones like that one in the photo,too.

Beware they make Dneprs look refined and Urals look space age.

I`d drop that idea of yours if not mechanically clued up and not of a WWID mindset.....and as you infer,the license/insurance/documentation issues would be considerable.

The only reasonable plus points I can think of is I could get one with a right hand side car and it'd be legal to use over here, due to being old enough.

I'd intend to get up to speed on the mechanical side of things (which I need to do anyway) but I can see how it would be a pain if the machine was constantly on the go. Dunno if I'm totally WWID but I've made it through a days riding in Vietnam with a combination of string and twigs rigged up to let me use the clutch and front brake after a spill if that counts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarka
Personally I`d only consider a CJ as a totally 'dark side' occasional pastime item to use any spare time and money on,rather than daily users which my Urals are.

That definitely comes across strongly from even the biggest CJ enthusiasts. It's a slightly annoying situation - I'd love to do a long trip by sidecar, but I'd want to keep it afterwards, and the right hand / left hand thing would come into play.

Thanks for the info!

muschelschubser 05-04-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwhacker
:poser

Chrome turn signals were real high on the list for the Wehrmacht....


.:spam

Only at the sidecars side.

claude 05-04-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortexau
Those "fender suport thingies" to which you refer (always thought the word support had two pps?) have extra large grab handles so that two men can move one of these onboard a retrieval vehicle.

Don't know if THAT information is in this book:
http://www.molotovmotors.com/books.html

Here's the other 'p' it musta fell off when I made the post. >>> p

Threewheelbonnie 05-04-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude
Here's the other 'p' it musta fell off ....

They all do that Sir.

Andy

Jimbosidecar 05-04-2010 07:33 PM

long CJ ride
 
Nope, not a bad idea at all. I've had quite a few customers buy our bikes over the internet, fly in, and ride them back to the U.S. and Europe. (Obviously shipping the bike to the U.S. from Europe)
I rode my bike from the Isle of Man to Beijing a few years back.
Anyway, you can go to my web site for more details.
Regds,
Jim
www.bmwsidecar.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikec101
Can the learned members advise me, would I be utterly insane to attempt to buy one of these in China and ride it home, to Ireland? (Ignoring for the moment potential licensing, customs, and export issues)

And if so, is utter insanity of that type really a bad thing? I'll guarantee a trip report with lots of pics.

How about the rebuilt CJs with a BMW engine put in them? I'm assuming there's still a lot that can go wrong, final drive etc, but at least the engine would be reliable.

I wouldn't be looking to do it for a few years, possibly five, but currently I'm not up to much mechanically on a bike (no problem learning though).

Or is it just a complete non runner of an idea? Better to get a modern Ural and do it? (Runs into it's own problems with the left vs right hand sidecar thing). I know logically it would make a lot more sense to get a newer, more reliable bike, and probably even scrap the sidecar idea, but when it comes to bikes I've always let my heart rule my head, and I'd love to have one of these bikes, plus the story on how I got it back, at home.



Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014