ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Goggles - photochromic lenses?? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585847)

CodeMonkee 06-02-2010 06:56 PM

Goggles - photochromic lenses??

Anybody use them?

Not use them?

Why not?

Feedback?

I just bought some Smith Option OTG goggles, but like my other goggles the lens is clear. When I ride out of the woods, especially on pavement, the sun is rather bright (when it shines here). So I have been thinking about getting some photochromic lenses.

Smith offers them, I've never used them. The last time I had photochromic lenses was in sunglasses decades ago and it too them minutes to adjust. I have seen the ads for sunglasses that change in less than a minute, but have never seen them in person.

TIA

Racerman27410 06-02-2010 08:26 PM

I use the scott version ... works great for sensitive eyes and doesnt take long at all to change from light to dark and back again.... best part is the variations of tint it provides during varying levels of light....i've never been in the woods where i thought the lense was too dark or in the sun where i thought it was too light.

one thing i will mention is it appears the photochromatic lense is a little more prone to scratches (or you can just see the scratches more clearly) so i use tear offs to help the lense last longer.

Frank

CopaMundial 06-02-2010 09:19 PM

When the sun gets too bright I just close my eyes and ride faster to get through it.

BHW 06-03-2010 10:11 AM

I bought the ProGrips 3450 with the photochromatic lenses. I honestly, can't tell much difference. But I have yet to find any gogle lens that blocks enough sun to make me happy. At least with a full faced street helmet I could use a dark smoke visor during the day, and not have to squint. But I can't find any goggle lenses dark enough for my tastes.

Racerman27410 06-03-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHW
I bought the ProGrips 3450 with the photochromatic lenses. I honestly, can't tell much difference. But I have yet to find any gogle lens that blocks enough sun to make me happy. At least with a full faced street helmet I could use a dark smoke visor during the day, and not have to squint. But I can't find any goggle lenses dark enough for my tastes.

you should take a look at the scott lense..... i have no problems with it not being dark enough in direct sunlight

vreynaud 12-29-2012 02:50 PM

Reviving an old thread but I can't seem to find mx goggles by Scott that are OTG and photochromic
Anyone using the ski or snow kind?

soloyosh 01-01-2013 09:03 AM

Ive used Smith and Scott with good results.

I won a pair of Progrip ones and haven't noticed tham change at all.

fullmonte 01-01-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soloyosh (Post 20370783)
Ive used Smith and Scott with good results.

I won a pair of Progrip ones and haven't noticed tham change at all.

Please send them to me. I love my Progrips and would like a backup pair for when they wear out.:deal

Droptarotter 01-01-2013 06:48 PM

Recently bought a set of Smith goggles after my ProGrips stopped working.

The Smith's work pretty good.....better than sunglasses in my Arai XD

Cheers

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:21 PM.