ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Harley Riders Sign In With Pic (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59390)

sfarson 11-13-2004 08:51 AM

Harley Riders Sign In With Pic
 
I know many of you have a great bike from Harley-Davidson. Sometimes it's bliss to be in cruise mode, sit in versus on a bike, and be serenaded by the Milwaukee music, not to mention the visual delights from the classic styling.

Maybe there are other adventure riders interested in seeing what H-D's are out there.

My wife and I sure enjoy this thing...

http://www.farson.com/h-d/fltarry.jpg

wickedsprint 11-13-2004 08:56 AM

2003 sportster 1200 sport.http://dieselplace.com/forum/uploads...9_bikeside.JPG

Jurgen 11-13-2004 08:56 AM

Since it's my pic I'll toss it in, hope he doesn't object

DriftingFate- Near Shiprock
http://jurgen.smugmug.com/photos/7033394-L.jpg

and another of his bike:

http://jurgen.smugmug.com/photos/7033389-M.jpg

Jurgen

XPADREX 11-13-2004 10:32 AM

http://www.gigabikes.com/gallery/alb...201%20copy.jpg

This is my girl. '99 FLHR. 31k miles, a few changes.

Here's her before and after dyno:

http://www.gigabikes.com/gallery/alb...INGDYNOjpg.JPG

PS: What up, sfarson!!

ian408 11-13-2004 10:37 AM

What's that???? I can't hear you :ear

Seriously, nice FLHR.

Ian

sfarson 11-13-2004 09:39 PM

Nice rides! Shiprock looks cool in the distance, and Red Mountain Pass is something else. Nice Sportster and FLHR too! XPADREX... things are nice!

twinrider 11-14-2004 06:00 AM

I had an excellent time on this FLHRS when I borrowed it for a few days for a bike review. The bike's great handling really surprised me -- real shame the floor boards would touch down so soon....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eyinFujiWM.jpg

Lobby 11-14-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPADREX
[IMG]
Here's her before and after dyno:

http://www.gigabikes.com/gallery/alb...INGDYNOjpg.JPG

How the heck did you do that? Wow. What an increase!



Cool thread, btw.

Jurgen 11-14-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinrider
I had an excellent time on this FLHRS when I borrowed it for a few days for a bike review. The bike's great handling really surprised me -- real shame the floor boards would touch down so soon....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eyinFujiWM.jpg

Gotta say that is my favorite hog, I like lots of em (all posted here) but I hove the road king without anything up front. Doubt I'd want to ride it 500 miles in a day but it looks sharp. May have to rent one sometime.

Jurgen

twinrider 11-14-2004 04:29 PM

Yeah, I decided to review the FLHRS because it's one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen. Right up there with the 916 I reckon. The Road King's seat and riding position were spot-on for long hauls. I didn't have an ache at all after riding all day. The only fault I found with it on the open road comes from the lack of a windscreen. Fix that and I reckon 500 mile days would pass with no problems.

sfarson 11-14-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinrider
Yeah, I decided to review the FLHRS because it's one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen. Right up there with the 916 I reckon. The Road King's seat and riding position were spot-on for long hauls. I didn't have an ache at all after riding all day. The only fault I found with it on the open road comes from the lack of a windscreen. Fix that and I reckon 500 mile days would pass with no problems.

Isn't this the Road King with the "beach bars"? It appears so in the pic. Have read other reviews where these weren't liked at all. No issue with you?

Looks like Fuji in the background!

danbrew 11-14-2004 06:33 PM

fun ride...

http://www.titleii.com/images/svetlana.jpg

:freaky

wickedsprint 11-14-2004 06:40 PM

Shes even practicing quasi firearms discipline..I'm in love....

twinrider 11-14-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarson
Isn't this the Road King with the "beach bars"? It appears so in the pic. Have read other reviews where these weren't liked at all. No issue with you?

Looks like Fuji in the background!

Bingo on both counts :nod That's Mount Fuji in the background, photographed from a rest area at the top of the Hakone Turnpike.

I found the beach bars nice and comfy at lower speeds. Nice ergos for comfort and for cranking the bike over in turns. But at highway speeds the wind tears at your hands, pushing them back along the rearward facing bar grips. That's where I thought a windscreen would make a BIG difference.

Btw, even coming off a couple years of riding my GS around Tokyo I found the Road King's clutch to be incredibly heavy around town. I don't know whether it was the bend of the bars -- which force you to pull the clutch from a sideways position -- or just a really heavy clutch but I do know that after about 20 minutes in stop and go traffic my forearm started to turn to jelly. Is this a common thing with Harleys?

wickedsprint 11-14-2004 07:37 PM

yeah..harleys are kinda known for stiff clutches..mine doesn't seem to be that bad, but alot of the things people complain about don't seem to bother me..prolly cause I am still young and stupid.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014