ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My new Iron horse (ER-6N) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603146)

beluga 07-24-2010 01:17 AM

My new Iron horse (ER-6N)
 
Hi everyone, I just register after knowing this forum for a few years time, well, it was introduced to me by my friend. I am living in Malaysia, so before this i did lots of riding but only in short distance, the most i been was only 225km per journey, the reason is i was on my small 130 underbone where traveling for a longer distance will somehow be very unpractical. Luckily i just graduated not long ago and get my first real proper motorcycle, a secondhand 09 er6n, I almost travel back and forth from the city i work to my hometown every weekends,which is totally 500+km. Besides, I plan to do tons of riding in it and wish it has the endurance to hold it, haha, anyway i wish to share some pics of my bike and share my upcoming ride reports with you all.
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...age00012-1.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...age00011-2.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...age00010-1.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...Image00009.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...age00013-1.jpg

GB 07-24-2010 06:11 AM

Congrats :thumb

Moved to Road Warriors.

DCrider 07-24-2010 06:12 AM

nice bike, welcome to ADV:clap

LuciferMutt 07-24-2010 11:52 AM

Sweet it even comes with a towel hanger!

Grainbelt 07-24-2010 01:04 PM

Very nice! I like it in white, seems much cleaner than the green ones.

Don't worry about the bike's endurance, I had the ER6F and put on 36,000kms with only regular maintenance. They are very well sorted motorcycles.

Congratulations!

usgser 07-24-2010 01:16 PM

I see potential there! I too like the white.

Infallible 07-24-2010 03:04 PM

I agree the white is really nice looking.

njd 07-24-2010 07:59 PM

Looks best in white, wow. I don't think it's available here in the US in white.

mrbreeze 07-24-2010 08:17 PM

nice bike!:clap :clap :clap

beluga 07-24-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog
Sweet it even comes with a towel hanger!

he he , just to prevent the lock key from scratching my handle bar paint

beluga 07-24-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grainbelt
Very nice! I like it in white, seems much cleaner than the green ones.

Don't worry about the bike's endurance, I had the ER6F and put on 36,000kms with only regular maintenance. They are very well sorted motorcycles.

Congratulations!

mike, according to er6n maintenance hand book, change the engien oil every 7000 miles or 12000KM or one year, which ever come first. Wouldn't it is too long for an oil change interval? There are even motorcycle shop in my country said best to change every 2500km. I am using Motul 5100 10W40, self changing....

beluga 07-24-2010 09:26 PM

ya, there is no white color in US market, neither much color selection at Malaysia, only white black and another which is special edition-orange(just the paint difference and a 'special edition' wording sticker)

Grainbelt 07-24-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beluga
mike, according to er6n maintenance hand book, change the engien oil every 7000 miles or 12000KM or one year, which ever come first. Wouldn't it is too long for an oil change interval? There are even motorcycle shop in my country said best to change every 2500km. I am using Motul 5100 10W40, self changing....

It sounded in your first post like the bike isn't new, so you are well past the break-in period.

My (2006) 650R had a slightly narrower oil change interval, but I wasn't militant about it. The oil never had any metal particles in it, nor any sludge, and it never burned oil. I'd advise that you keep an eye on the condition of the oil, but you should be fine changing the oil at the intervals advised by the manufacturer.

Focus on enjoying the ride - I've only been without mine for a week and I already miss the rush between 7-10k RPMs. :ricky

beluga 07-24-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grainbelt
It sounded in your first post like the bike isn't new, so you are well past the break-in period.

My (2006) 650R had a slightly narrower oil change interval, but I wasn't militant about it. The oil never had any metal particles in it, nor any sludge, and it never burned oil. I'd advise that you keep an eye on the condition of the oil, but you should be fine changing the oil at the intervals advised by the manufacturer.

Focus on enjoying the ride - I've only been without mine for a week and I already miss the rush between 7-10k RPMs. :ricky

yeah mike, you are correct, she already way pass the break in period, now clocking near 9000km, just local advice to do an oil change for every 4000km(max) to preserve your bike, but i did ask kawasaki US and UK, both gave me the same answer, you can change even more frequent, just the recommended 7000mile/12000km oil change interval wont makes your bike went wrong. temperature here is in between 28-34 degree C whole year, that why i am a bit confuse to change earlier or just follow the spec by Kawasaki. Anyway wish you enjoy your ride, after few hours i will be traveling for 250+km back to my working city.Weekends end....

RedDogAlberta 07-25-2010 03:29 AM

Never mind the bike. Just look at that garage floor. Wow!


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014