ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help! Yamaha Morphous parts needed (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621821)

lucky6600 09-19-2010 07:58 PM

Help! Yamaha Morphous parts needed
 
Yamaha Morphous, it's a either you love it or hate it scooter. I am the first type of person, and being searching for awhile. Finally, there is one near by and with the salvage title. I won't might the salvaged especially, I have been careful examed the scooter. It is in real good shape beside the front end, and needs the head light unit, front conver, and some plastic parts at front. I tried to pull out the total price from bikebandit.com and the total number comes out ~1500 which is kind of high for me.
Does anybody have any connection for OEM parts or any used parts?

any help will be great !

Thanks


MQracing 09-19-2010 09:37 PM

If you really love the Morphous... another strategy might bee to get the salvaged one and keep it as a spare parts scooter. Then look for a non-crashed Morphous as your first line scooter.

If you look long enough and lady luck shines on you a bit... I've seen Morphous' on Craigslist for as little as $2200 asking price. Not a whole lot more than the body parts would cost you to fix up the salvaged bike.

nacree 09-20-2010 07:13 AM

I think your only chance of getting a front cowl and Headlight cheaply is to wait for some to come up on Ebay. I saw a front cowl a few weeks ago.

Problem is that the most likely areas to get damaged are front and rear pieces and I think yamaha knows this and with the bike now obsolete the prices for parts can only go up.

Also, if you have a chance to look at the bike again take a close look at the front nose- there is a steel "frame" for lack of a better word that supports the nose cowl and headlight structure. Hopefully that is not bent up as well.

Good luck,

Nathan

lucky6600 09-20-2010 07:37 AM

The one that I am interested in has only 600 miles on it. The front frame (supporter) is bent and I think that's the main raeson this scooter is salvaged. I thought it's an easy fix problem, no? coz it's more like a supporter for the front end, and doesn't affect any basic suspension nor main frame.

I saw few on the CL, and the millage are all up to 7K-8K miles and it's kind of high for my standard for a scooter. The prices are ebay are all >3k for no reason.

approachbears 09-20-2010 08:19 AM

How about a new, fully warranty '08 Morphous? I know of one sitting on a dealer's showroom floor, gathering 2 1/2 years of dust. You should be able to get it for $3K or so. For a small finder's fee I'll let you know where to find it:evil

nacree 09-20-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky6600
The one that I am interested in has only 600 miles on it. The front frame (supporter) is bent and I think that's the main raeson this scooter is salvaged. I thought it's an easy fix problem, no? coz it's more like a supporter for the front end, and doesn't affect any basic suspension nor main frame.

I saw few on the CL, and the millage are all up to 7K-8K miles and it's kind of high for my standard for a scooter. The prices are ebay are all >3k for no reason.

You are correct that it's not a critical structural piece but if it is tweaked it might be hard to get panel gaps etc. lined up properly.

lucky6600 09-20-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by approachbears
How about a new, fully warranty '08 Morphous? I know of one sitting on a dealer's showroom floor, gathering 2 1/2 years of dust. You should be able to get it for $3K or so. For a small finder's fee I'll let you know where to find it:evil

I am at East side of the country, and how far is that bike from me?
How about giving the dealer my information so you can collect the fee from them? I am pretty sure they would love it to be sold.

lucky6600 09-20-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacree
You are correct that it's not a critical structural piece but if it is tweaked it might be hard to get panel gaps etc. lined up properly.

That's why I will get a new one for that piece due to all the aligment issue.
Do you own a morphous?

Thanks

approachbears 09-20-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky6600
I am at East side of the country, and how far is that bike from me?
How about giving the dealer my information so you can collect the fee from them? I am pretty sure they would love it to be sold.

2100 miles away from Connecticut. That's probably too far for you, but who knows.

I wasn't trying to do a big deal with the finder's fee thing, maybe a twelve pack of decent beer.:beer

fullmetalscooter 09-20-2010 01:52 PM

dumb post but if you can't find it how about making the panel up from fiberglass? Low production scooter equals high priced parts. i wonder if the head light was used in another bike like often happens?

nacree 09-20-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky6600
That's why I will get a new one for that piece due to all the aligment issue.
Do you own a morphous?

Thanks

Just bought one recently. I finished up putting a Majesty 400 motor in and I have all of the panels off for painting. I got a pretty good deal on the bike but all of the panels were either badly painted with flat black or scratched so I just pulled them all off and filled the scratches etc.

Good luck with your purchase if you decide to go ahead with it.

Later,

Nathan

lucky6600 09-20-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by approachbears
2100 miles away from Connecticut. That's probably too far for you, but who knows.

I wasn't trying to do a big deal with the finder's fee thing, maybe a twelve pack of decent beer.:beer

Just for that, I own you a drink .. come on over, only 2100 miles

lucky6600 09-20-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter
dumb post but if you can't find it how about making the panel up from fiberglass? Low production scooter equals high priced parts. i wonder if the head light was used in another bike like often happens?

The actual panel is about $150, and the whole head light unit is about $400.
Each piece isn't that much, but the sum is big. I know it's not hard to make a front panel from fiberglass, but for the time and energy... I take the $150 OEM item.
However, I like the way you think about the head lights. I will look into it.

lucky6600 09-20-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacree
Just bought one recently. I finished up putting a Majesty 400 motor in and I have all of the panels off for painting. I got a pretty good deal on the bike but all of the panels were either badly painted with flat black or scratched so I just pulled them all off and filled the scratches etc.

Good luck with your purchase if you decide to go ahead with it.

Later,

Nathan

I spent about a good hour with that salvage scooter and wrote down what it needs to be replaced. That's why I know it's going to be fixable.

How do you like it?
upgraded to 400 CC... so I guess 250 isn't enough for your standard?

nacree 09-21-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky6600
I spent about a good hour with that salvage scooter and wrote down what it needs to be replaced. That's why I know it's going to be fixable.

How do you like it?
upgraded to 400 CC... so I guess 250 isn't enough for your standard?

I bought the Morphous for the styling and low stance/center of gravity. I have other 250cc scooters so I wanted something with more punch.

The Morphous 250cc power plant is a little strange- It is really lazy off the line. My 1989 Elite 250 would destroy it. But the tables are turned at about 30mph where the Morphous engine really shines.

The 400cc motor really transforms the riding experience. Lots of punch anywhere in the rev range. I think that anyone who tried it would take it over the 250cc motor, but I understand those who are happy with the smaller engine. Its still a fun scooter. My girlfriend really loves riding on the morphous because of the low seat height.

Later,

Nathan


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014