ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old's Cool (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   In over my head.. and loving it. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623563)

crazydrummerdude 09-25-2010 11:32 PM

In over my head.. and loving it.

I felt like I was being followed today. Quick glance in the mirror, and oooh, what's that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...2/20100926.jpg

Another pile of rusty junk. Yes!

:evil

Hawk Medicine 09-25-2010 11:50 PM

Oh Geeze.... Now you've gone and done it.

You've gotten the /2 infection and all is lost....!:cry

Boojum 09-25-2010 11:50 PM

Hummmm, just what might you have there, drummer dude?:evil :huh

Booj

spo123 09-25-2010 11:53 PM

Cool!

Those handlebars are FANTASTIC!
Good luck with your new place to dump $$$$$$$$$$.
See 'ya,
spo:jose

Renner 09-26-2010 12:36 AM

Steib TR500 as well!?

Mein Gott

nice score 'dude

brentde3 09-26-2010 06:00 AM

Does the one with the ape-hangers have two fenders?

scottyb 09-26-2010 06:39 AM

congrats, you'll have fun :clap

davef 09-26-2010 07:10 AM

Man, where do you find the time? I'm lucky if I can keep making progress on one project, but you seem to always have a ton of things going on. Good luck, those /2 are fun to work on. I just redid my 1963 R50:

http://web.mac.com/dmfrench/Daves_19...2_Rebuild.html

Enjoy! :freaky

Cordless 09-26-2010 07:13 AM

One trailer load. At least three new future threads.

Life is good.

datchew 09-26-2010 07:21 AM

Sweet! Looks like you had a trip to Texas after all.

Can't wait to see more pics.
You are going to have a helluva time. :freaky

crazydrummerdude 09-26-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boojum
Hummmm, just what might you have there, drummer dude?

On the trailer is;
-a 1969 BMW R60/2 with a Hollandia sidecar. My understanding is that Hollandia bought out Steib and this is a copy of the tr500. Supposedly, parts are interchangable between the Setib and Hollandia (hopefully). This rig has the "S" transmission, if that means anything.
-a 1957 BMW /2 conversion. It's got a VW engine. :evil It has the "sport" tank, I think it's called.

In the bed of the truck is;
-a small box of goodies.
-a pair of Wixom side bags and a Wixom top case.
-a Wixom fairing with lowers.
-an Avon fairing with lowers.
-spare windshields.

In "the mail" is;
-a Hoske RS4 39-liter tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by datchew
Looks like you had a trip to Texas after all.

Nope. :D

This is a good example of what happens when you know what you want, but you're not desperate.

After tons of emails, the guy wanted $X amount for the sidecar rig, plus shipping. Too rich for my blood, so I gracefully tapped out.

A couple weeks pass, and he emails me out of the blue, telling me he has to make space. So, he lowered the price $500 and threw in the /2 conversion and all the goodies/fairings/bags, and he'd meet me half way between Missouri and Texas.

I didn't get the worlds best deal, but I got a good deal on what I wanted and we're both happy.

Now, who wants to donate to the cause? :lol3

Oh, and to the road surfaces of Oklahoma: :fyyffIn Missouri, we have signs that say "Bump ahead" or "Rough Surface" if there's something noteworthy coming up. I think Oklahoma should have signs that "Smooth road ahead" if it weren't for the fact that there is no smooth road.

:kboom

melville 09-26-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude
On the trailer is;

a 1957 BMW /2 conversion. It's got a VW engine. :evil It has the "sport" tank, I think it's called.

:kboom

Ooh! VW conversion!

Chobro 09-26-2010 11:04 AM

Nice haul!

rtw02 09-26-2010 01:05 PM

Veeery Nice Drummer....

Sooo, Watcha gonna do?
Put the chair on the conversion, and have a fast rig?
Or keep it on the 60/2 (with the proper gearbox, you lucky dog) and putt around in style?
Either way Congratulations :clap let the fun begin.

crazydrummerdude 09-26-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtw02
Sooo, Watcha gonna do?

Clear some space in my shop. :lol3

Well, it'll be a little bit before I can throw (more) money at 'em.

I plan on having low bars, bar end signals, and those swoopy headlight mirrors on the sidecar rig... but whichever engine, I haven't yet determined. I plan on getting both in running order (or damn near it) and slightly cleaned up during my free time over the 8 months until I graduate. Then, hopefully a real job can fund the dive into this strange /2 world.

Unfortunately, they'll need paint. If it weren't for surface rust, people would be drooling over these bikes. But, it's that rust that allowed me to afford them. Have you seen some of the asking prices for vintage sidecar rigs? Mama mia..

I already had people at gas stations coming up to me with questions/stories with them on my trailer.

If the weather clears up, I'll wheel them out and take some better pics. But, I have a test and a big lab report due tomorrow, so I better get back to work.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:45 PM.