ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old's Cool (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Krauser Luggage key finder primer (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634812)

Sniper X 11-05-2010 07:57 AM

Krauser Luggage key finder primer

OK, I looked everywhere for a new set of keys for my Krauser luggage. I have this set.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...1dafc287aa.jpg

There were only two different key numbers available for the lock that locks them to the rack frame, and two different ones that lock the actual luggage. Each bike has one number for the bags and one for the lock to bike on frame key. The key number is printed on the lock itself and easy to read.

Heres a pic of the keys that lock the bags to the frame.

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks/sudhaus.jpg

The only two that work on the bags to the frame like mine were listed as S324 and S325

Here's the only place I could find them, BTW these are Sudhaus for triumph but same company made the BMW locks.

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks5.html
$9.00 each but hey, supply and demand JA!

The key I need for the lock for the bag itself is #S150 (the other listed as used for these locks was S324) but he doesn't have them (the S150) as they have been discontinued. Krauser in Germany has them, but for a price. $34.00 a set of two shipped, remember what I said about supply and demand? JA! Here's a C&P she sent me upon my inquiry.

Dear Mr. Vaughn,

keys are available.
For two key set please send 25,-Euro ( 32,-Dollar ) in cash money to our address with notic of the key number.
So soon we receive the money we send you the keys.

w.b.r.
Krauser

Krauser Motorradtechnik GmbH
Kornblumenring 12
86415 Mering
Tel: 0049 8233 1461

krauser.motorrad@t-online.de
www.michael-krauser.de

UST-Nr. 102/132/40051
UST-Identnummer DE 186868104
HRB 15770
Geschäftsführer: Krauser

Yarddog 11-05-2010 08:27 AM

Well, if they are the only source in the world, I reckon that's pretty cheap. As an aside, this is just one of the many twists that I have found in owning a BMW...from a crappy oil filter design, crappy front brake design, crappy latches on my Krauser bags (yeah, not BMW's fault, but they later adopted these bags their own selves), and the list goes on and on...Makes me glad that back in the day, when I wanted one in the worst way but couldn't afford it because an RT was the most expensive bike in the world, I didn't buy one...I waited until it became pretty cheap, and as it turns out, it was the right price to pay!

Oh, yeah, I enjoy riding it, but I HATE changing oil, changing the air cleaner, worry about when my left bag is gonna open up and spill everything in it on the road, stuff like that...

And I can't even easily remove the bags from the bike cuz I don't have that S150 key, and I don't feel like dealing with a company in Germany to get it... The money doesn't bother me as much as the bother bothers me!!!

Sniper X 11-05-2010 08:30 AM

I felt it was affordable for them being the last place on Earth (The S150s for the lock to frame key) where one can get them. BTW 5.5 on the rant, you left out all the choice namecalling. :rofl

crazydrummerdude 11-05-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper X
the last place on Earth where one can get them.

Not so sure about that. I know I have a link somewhere to a supplier, and I'm pretty sure it's not those guys.. Time to dig deep.

Edit: Here's one that kept coming up.

Sniper X 11-05-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude
Not so sure about that. I know I have a link somewhere to a supplier, and I'm pretty sure it's not those guys.. Time to dig deep.

Edit: Here's one that kept coming up.

Look at what it says about the S150......

crazydrummerdude 11-05-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Look at what it says about the S150......

Oh, I was basing it on "The only two that work on the bags like mine were listed as S324 and S325."

Sniper X 11-05-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Oh, I was basing it on "The only two that work on the bags like mine were listed as S324 and S325."

Nope, those are plentyful from the Sudhaus guy. The S150 is almost unobtainium.

Sniper X 11-05-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

The key I need for the lock for the bag to bike is #S150 but he doesn't have them as they have been discontinued. Krauser in Germany

word1 11-05-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

The key I need for the lock for the bag to bike is #S150 but he doesn't have them as they have been discontinued. Krauser in Germany

Long Story
: I crashed the snot out of my R100RS back in 1997.
Machine was totaled, but I worked with the insurance company and Olde Golde was rebuilt - including two brand new Hepco & Becker "Krauser look a like" bags and racks to replace the bashed and bent OEM Krausers.

Short Story: I have two leftover S150 keys (and two S324 keys) and would be pleased to send you one of 'em.
PM your address and I'll do the rest.
Maybe you'll send something interesting in return...

_jay

Sniper X 11-05-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by word1

Long Story
: I crashed the snot out of my R100RS back in 1997.
Machine was totaled, but I worked with the insurance company and Olde Golde was rebuilt - including two brand new Hepco & Becker "Krauser look a like" bags and racks to replace the bashed and bent OEM Krausers.

Short Story: I have two leftover S150 keys (and two S324 keys) and would be pleased to send you one of 'em.
PM your address and I'll do the rest.
Maybe you'll send something interesting in return...

_jay

OH YEAH! PM sending now!

Optimusglen 11-05-2010 10:26 AM

Heres one for you guys:

My new bike has these bags. Latch to hold them onto the frame has been modified to allow any old lock, thats not a problem.

The latches that actually keep the cases shut, the keys are gone. They are unlocked, but I can not lock them. Any ideas on how I can find out which keys I need?

Sniper X 11-05-2010 10:37 AM

[quote=Optimusglen]Heres one for you guys:

My new bike has these bags. Latch to hold them onto the frame has been modified to allow any old lock, thats not a problem.

The latches that actually keep the cases shut, the keys are gone. They are unlocked, but I can not lock them. Any ideas on how I can find out which keys I need?[/quote

Look at the latch on the bag, on the lock there should be a number. Let me know what is it. It says something like Sadhaus and there is a number starting with S. If yours are just like mine, it is probably S150 or S341, hope it is S341 because that guy in the link has those....

Sniper X 11-08-2010 12:28 PM

I LOVE this place, and the members!

I have to say a huge thank you to Word1! He offered to send me one each of the keys I needed, and did. I got them today! And they work! I must say, this is yet another reason I love the site. The number one reason really, the wonderful people on it that give of their time, expertise, and belongings to another member in need. What a great place, and even what greater people. Thanks a million Jay! :clap:clap:clap

Hawk Medicine 11-08-2010 06:36 PM

well, heres one for ya...!

This discussion drove me out the the garage where I looked for and found my old luggage key ring and my keys turned out to be Excelsior #151s and a K11

Did BMW really use Excelsior keys?

bmwrench 11-08-2010 06:46 PM

Probably not BMW. A guy I know found keys for his bags at a local locksmith, who seems to have keys for everything.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:24 PM.