ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Van Isle ADV rider's sign in... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637404)

longwaytim 11-15-2010 06:21 AM

Van Isle ADV rider sign in...

So... I am curious to see how many of us ADV riders are here on Vancouver Island.. I know that a few of us have met (usually on the mainland like the BTR etc..) I thought it would be cool to start a thread on it.
Maybe there is a Van Isle ADV ride to be organized in the future!:clap

jackd 11-15-2010 08:38 AM

Can I reserve my spot now? Moving there in a few years.

longwaytim 11-15-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackd
Can I reserve my spot now? Moving there in a few years.

haha... sure :freaky

DaveBall 11-15-2010 12:17 PM

I am up Qualicum Beach area.

gunnerbuck 11-15-2010 05:17 PM

I don't live on the Island but close enough to be counted as I do most my riding there... I'm towards the top end about a 25 min ferry ride from Port Mcneill...

jackd 11-15-2010 06:45 PM

Where are you? Sointula?

How many of you guys are on DSBC?

250senuf 11-15-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Probably most of them. OP might be better off to join DSBC (as well), rather than re-invent the wheel here. :D

gunnerbuck 11-15-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Where are you? Sointula?

Sointula...

We have about 10 up this way that I ride with, most are DSBCers...

jackd 11-15-2010 07:31 PM

Naw... There's lots of us older fellows who don't do the fancy dirt biking that seems to be the focus of the DSBC forum. Many of us only ride on the pavement (though I do both). I go there just to get a good read on what is happening over there - it seems to be a healthy group of guys who habitate the whole length of the Island. I have to say, one of the best times I've had of late was going to the Qualicum Bay campout a few years ago and hanging with the Island boys. They had a nice welcoming lay back feel about them. Most of my old cronies are over there and are starting to step back into the riding world, after raising their kids. I can hardly wait to slide back into that scene.

jackd 11-15-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnerbuck
Sointula...

We have about 10 up this way that I ride with, most are DSBCers...

I was right! Not a bad guess, eh? So we have that many guys up at the North Island? And hardly anyone lives there.... Holy shit, I'm starting to get excited. I'm aiming for Courtenay or the area around it when I make the move. The Beemer is primed and ready to go.

woodsman149 11-15-2010 09:55 PM

Signing in from Nanaimo

longwaytim 11-16-2010 07:15 AM

I am thinking a mix of road & gravel, not singletrack....not to exlude anyone of course...:freaky just thinking more along those lines ... but ride whatever...

Nice to here from some of you!

alberta bob 11-16-2010 07:18 AM

ex pa , spent the first 20 years off my life there,now live in sw ab last summer i was home for the last 2 weeks of aug . It wood be nice if this thread is around for next summer's trip, it would be great to go for a gs ride with some like minded people.:freaky

gunnerbuck 11-16-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwaytim
I am thinking more of the bigger dualsport crowd with the big bikes...not to exlude anyone of course...:freaky just thinking more along those lines...

Are you talking about street bikes that can ride on gravel like the big GS and V Stroms?

woodsman149 11-16-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwaytim
I am thinking more of the bigger dualsport crowd with the big bikes...not to exlude anyone of course...:freaky just thinking more along those lines...

I shall back away with shame then with my meagre 650 and will only raise my head again when I grow up and get a big bike to join your 'bigger dualsport' club :rofl

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:01 AM.