ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tejas and the Gulf States (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Texas Adventure Riders check in here (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65526)

Tourmeister 01-13-2005 12:58 PM

Texas Adventure Riders check in here

Howdy,

Okay, so I poked around and the closest thing I could find to a thread where Texas riders can all find each other is the NAG thread, which is mostly Austinites. I know for a fact that there are tons of riders in other places! So if you live in Texas and post here, how about posting up so we have a way of contacting everyone. This way we can do a better job of getting out the word for Statewide stuff like trips to Big Bend, dirt riding in East Texas, etc,...

I'm Scott and I live in Huntsville. I ride an R1150GS and I have a problem... :D

Adios,

elektron 01-14-2005 04:34 PM

Austin

hello -

i'm from chicago, but working in texas for the next few months.. have a drz-400s and will travel.. was actually about to post a thread similar to this one. wondering about ride parks or secondary roads around austin, tx to tear up ;-)

cheers -

phil

AndyT 01-14-2005 06:12 PM

Seguin, TX

Andy from Seguin here. Originally from Wisconsin, been here about a year. Daily rider is a Concours, also have KLR650, Buell S2, Beta trials. Always interested in a ride. A few pictures from my rides on a lame website here: www.tiegs.com
Texas definitely deserves its' own forum.

spdtrpl 01-14-2005 06:41 PM

Ready when you are...

Mike - Katy, Tx

Lone Rider 01-14-2005 06:55 PM

I don't live in TX, but do pass through there at least once or twice a month.

Would you guys be interested in planning a ride in the Big Bend area?

elektron 01-14-2005 07:52 PM

i saw a ride report a while back of big bend, looked awesome.. i can make time for that. you do much riding there ?

Mack 01-14-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rider
I don't live in TX, but do pass through there at least once or twice a month.

Would you guys be interested in planning a ride in the Big Bend area?

Do we have to get up before noon?

Wait, I think I know the answer to that question!

Hmmm, I guess I better find out when first light is. :thumb

AntWare 01-14-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
Do we have to get up before noon?

Wait, I think I know the answer to that question!

Hmmm, I guess I better find out when first light is. :thumb

:umph hey, I resemble that remark :lol3

...or go to bed before 3am or whenever we run outta beer, which ever comes first. :1drink

Tourmeister 01-14-2005 11:24 PM

For you guys that pass through all the time, gimme a shout if you are going to be in the Houston area. I am about an hour North of Houston on I-45. If you are here and have a free weekend with your bike here as well, I can show you some fun roads.

I'll be doing a Dualsport trip out to Big Bend and the end of April. Ride out, then two days of riding there, and a day back.

For anyone local to Houston or willing to ride a few hours to get here, I do weekend rides out into the National forests which includes a nice mix of paved and unpaved stuff. Here is a short write up of a ride I did last weekend:

http://twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=2908

I also do maintenance days. I have everything for doing the OVAD, twinmax, feeler gauges, etc,... Of course, you need to have the engine COLD to do the valves. So that would mean you show up the night before and we do it Saturday. I usually post that kind of event on the Two Wheeled Texans site and will also post it here.

Adios,

Waco 01-14-2005 11:25 PM

I'm president of the Waco Chapter. :1drink

Stephen 01-15-2005 09:44 AM

Yo, present!

Hey, Kid!
Hey, Scott!
Hey, Mack! You bum.

CycleCat would probably say hi but the Lege is trying to bury him under a pile of bills that they don't have the money to pass.

Yeah, we all oughta put some rides together. I gotta make it out to 'Meisters (red)neck of the woods before it gets hot/buggy.

And I've been thinkin' of a ramble out west of the Kid's fiefdom. It's real pretty out towards Comanche and Moody and McGregor and Stephenville.

Waco 01-15-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen
Yo, present!

Hey, Kid!
Hey, Scott!
Hey, Mack! You bum.

CycleCat would probably say hi but the Lege is trying to bury him under a pile of bills that they don't have the money to pass.

Yeah, we all oughta put some rides together. I gotta make it out to 'Meisters (red)neck of the woods before it gets hot/buggy.

And I've been thinkin' of a ramble out west of the Kid's fiefdom. It's real pretty out towards Comanche and Moody and McGregor and Stephenville.

I used to go through Moody every time I went to the in-laws in Marbles Falls, but I've gotten lazy and usually take 84 now. Maybe I'll ride out that direction tomorrow.

ChubbyDodds 01-15-2005 07:41 PM

Hello all! 'Noobie' checking in. My name is Mark and I live in Frisco, TX. Big Bend sounds like a great trip. I'm having a blast just exploring the dirt and gravel roads around these parts. :D

AntWare 01-15-2005 07:46 PM

Hope you don't live around DNT/Preston Rd/SH121 we're in the process of fuckin' up your world :D

formulals1 01-15-2005 07:59 PM

Mike here from New Braunfels. I have great access to the hill country from here, but not taking advantage of it like I should. That's why I just checked in here - looking to see what rides might be going on. Tomorrows (01/16/05) weather will be perfect & the GS will be takin out to enjoy it.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:21 AM.