ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   AR SLAP Trax (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660955)

DrLewall 02-17-2011 07:04 AM

AR SLAP Trax

In this thread, we will post up trax for anyone interested in getting off road in Northwest Arkansas. There may even be some stuff out of Eureka Springs for the Hillbilly run.

So if you have anything to share, throw into the mix. I know Charlies and 10cup have trax north into MO and those would apply to the Hillbilly run, hopefully they will post em.

Would like to ask that you post a discription of the trax and if it would be BIG BIKE firendly for those with big bikes of course..so lets get to it.

Here is a "catalog" of what we have so far. These are in order both numerical and alphabetical. Distance is shown in 3 digits.. Ex. 050 is 50 miles, 085 is 85 miles, all one way, etc

The Arkansas 500, AR ADV Camp and Single Track routes are at the bottom of this post.

Let me know if you find a link that is not working.

NOTE: All of these are off road!

White Rock Mtn DETOUR for those in a car or truck

From the NORTH

From the SOUTH, I-40

From Shores Lake if you are camping

Most of these are "Big Bike" friendly..county dirt roads...Warloop and Pannell roads are NOT big bike friendly!

015-Mountainberg to Alma, back roads

045-Devils Den back to WR via different route from that listed below

046-White Rock to Devils Den State Park

050-White Rock to Natural Dam

058-White Rock to Historical Ft Smith, Judge Parkers Court and Museum-WESTERN ROUTE

064-White Rock to Historical Ft Smith, Judge Parkers Court and museum-EASTERN ROUTE

065-White Rock to Ozone Burger Barn, hwy 21

066-White Rock to the Confederate Cemetery in Fayetteville. Big bike friendly

066.5-Elvis rotue from White Rock to Natural Dam-Bonus, two routes in this download, another Rte to Partheon..rotue, not a track

067-White Rock to Praire Grove Civil War Battlefield

070-White Rock to historical Cabin..east of hwy 21

074-White Rock loop over the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on I-540

075-FYV to Buffalo River

080-White Rock to Eureka Springs/Wasburn MO, part 1 of 2

083-ROUTE-Olearys WR, Morgan Mtn to St Paul

083-TRACK-Olearys WR, Morgan Mtn St Paul

086-TAT-Western AR to OK state line

088-Oark to Low Gap (Buffalo River)

096-White Rock to Eureka Springs/Wasburn MO, part 2

097-Shores Lake south to Bobby Hopper Tunnel

100-Siloam to Pannell & Ntrl Dam back to FYV This is a route

100-White Rock to Whoopteedo Rd.

108-White Rock to Jasper AR

110-Siloam to Pannell & Ntrl Dam w/more dirt back to FYVThis is a route

114 FYV-Ntl Dam Remember, Pannell Rd is NOT big bike friendly!

121-FYV to Natural Dam via Bobby Hopper tunnel and Pannell Rd. WARNING- Pannell Rd NOT BIG BIKE FRIENDLY!

126-Wookazoid Trax, east of Oark

135-FYV to Pineville MO Big bike friendly

140 Caddo GapTRACK

141-White Rock thru Oark to the Ozark Ntl Forest east of hwy 21--trax from Zecatfish-part NOT big bike friendly

147-White Rock to Ima Jerk BBQ via Bobby Hopper Loop-ROUTE

147-TRACK for the WR to Ima Jerk BBQ above

153 FYV to Ponca

155 - Track, Bull Shoals Dayride by O'Leary

181-Bobby Hopper Tunnel, Pannell Rd, Oark..route from JasonK94Z-not big bike friendly

200 Withrow Springs to Oark-ROUTE

200 Withrow Springs to Oark-TRACK

209-ROUTE-Oleary's loop to Natural Dam for lunch then massive "Iron Butt" ride

209-TRACK-Olearys "Iron Butt' Loop

238-Haw Creek Loop thru the Ozarks-use the WR to Whoopteedo Rd to get to Haw Creek..this is a route from JasonK94Z

238-Haw Creek Loop MODIFIED by Zecatfish--some of these roads are not on any maps

Chimney Rock

Evlis's Ntl Dam Warloop and Pannell Rds loop..NOT BIG BIKE FRIENDLY! distance unk

BYPASS-Lee Creek/Pannell Rd. 32 mile bypass to Natural Dam..this will keep you off Pannell Rd and out of Lee Creek

BYPASS-Warloop road. This will keep you off Warloop Rd

Eureka Springs to Oark, or vice versa--071 miles

Frog Bayou--EXPERIENCED RIDERS ONLY! Rough Single track

MAPS-Link to DualSportsmaps dot com

MAPS-links to free topo maps to use in Mapsource

Tutorial--How to add a 2nd route in Mapsource

AR ADV Camp Trax

140 Withrow Springs-route

140 Withrow Springs-track

155 Bull Shoals Dayride-route

155 Bull Shoals dayride-track

155 LongPool-route

155 LongPool-track

200 Withrow Springs-route

200 Withrow Springs-track

140 Caddo Gap ROUTE-Wolf Pen-Clock Wise-big bike friendly

140 Caddo Gap ROUTE-Wolf Pen-Counter Clock Wise-big bike friendly

140 Caddo Gap Track

Arkansas 500

O'leary trax-day 2

AR5002014-gpx All 3 days in one GPX file

Day 1 170 mi, Turpcrk to Longpool

Day 2 183 mi, Longpool to Buffalo Point

Day 3 150 mi Buffalo Point to TurpCreek

Single Track

Bryds ADV Ctr

SLAP at Bryds 2014 Not big bike friendly!

Mill Creek

SINGLE TRACK-White Rock to Frog Bayou

SINGLE TRACK-From WR to Mill Creek

SINGLE TRACK-Blue loop at Mill Creek

DrLewall 02-17-2011 07:09 AM

White Rock to Whoopeedo Rd

1 Attachment(s)
Roughly 100 miles one way, all county road with is big bike friendly. However, a big bike on Whoopeedo Rd will be a handfull. This is a road with a bunch of flood berms in it and it is abt 1.5 miles long..there is a bail out at the bottom..when you get to the bottom, just turn right on a county road and it will take you out to paved hwy 123, go north abt a mile or two and pick up your track back to White Rock

DrLewall 02-17-2011 07:34 AM

White Rock to Natural Dam

1 Attachment(s)
This is a track to natural Dam from White Rock..abt 55 miles one way..this will take you down Warloop road, and you best be an "experienced" rider for Warloop..recommend a bike no bigger than 650cc..there have been some big GS's go down and I have seen one go up, but these guys know how to ride..you have been warned! And then there is Pannell Rd...NOT BIG BIKE FRIENDLY at all! With all the rain we have gotten, there will be slick red clay mud..again, you have been warned!

Natural Dam is just that, it's a natural rock formation that looks like a dam with water flowing over the top.

For a good burger, the gas station, within sight of the dam, is the place to go!

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/y...r/DSCN0876.jpg

DrLewall 02-17-2011 07:11 PM

Warloop bypass

1 Attachment(s)
This is a 'bypass' for those who do not want to go down Warloop road. It's roughly abt 8 miles down to hwy 71 in Mountainburg..there you can get gas and food.

This bypass is HIGHLY recommended if you are on a big bike (bigger than 650)..it basically takes hwy 348 from Warloop and Old Locke to Hickory Road down to hwy 71. Hickory Rd is dirt, smooth dirt and can be fast, but be aware, there are a couple of hairpin turns so watch your speed!

Mapsource 2011.1

JasonK94Z 02-18-2011 07:33 AM

This is good stuff! :clap more ideas for a camp/ride that i will be going down there for with a couple of friends. Wish i didn't have to move away from AR last year :cry

DrLewall 02-18-2011 11:29 AM

we can give you more stuff...how abt a ride from White ROck to Jasper? Our only concern is the high water during our rainy season, commin up btw...this route will be over 100 miles one way..wonder if anyone would be interested?

JasonK94Z 02-18-2011 12:30 PM

Here is the route I have planned thus far with the help of someone from here. I think this will be a great ride. I was planning on having us camp at Haw Creek, but I am open to other suggestions if y'all know anything better nearby. We prefer a campsite that is away from other people because we have been known to :freakyand carry on all night. Just need to be able to get there with a truck and a bike trailer.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1298057216

DrLewall 02-18-2011 01:39 PM

Longpool is a good camp ground..has showers too..it's just off hwy 7 (west of 7) just abt where your track is..it's a further drive for the truck tho..if you ride by the place, at least stop in and look it over for next time maybe

DrLewall 02-18-2011 07:19 PM

White Rock to Jasper 108 miles

1 Attachment(s)
This will take you from White Rock to Jasper. This will take you to Oark where you can get fuel and a meal. You will also pass thru the little town of Deer where, again, you can get fuel and a snack.

There is one RED FLAG way point that is on a steep downhill with a sharp turn at the bottom. The road is loose gravel thus the RED FLAG..SLOW DOWN HERE!

There will be some water crossings and there is a good chance you will get your feet wet. This is 108 miles long, one way

Mapsource 2010.1

katbeanz 02-19-2011 09:04 PM

Doc, from Rosetta to Limestone to Nail was pretty neat, prolly already mentioned. One of the HBDS rides wound around in the Castle Bluffs area near Jasper. :clap

DrLewall 02-20-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katbeanz (Post 15232419)
Doc, from Rosetta to Limestone to Nail was pretty neat, prolly already mentioned. One of the HBDS rides wound around in the Castle Bluffs area near Jasper. :clap

Dean, you got any trax for it?

leeinmemphis 02-21-2011 08:38 AM

Ok I'm getting ready to show just how dumb I am when it comes to gps technology. If I wanted to download the route from white rock to the natural bridge then insert the bypass to go around the whoop de doo's then how would I do that?

Sorry to sound so stupid but I don't know how to make it do that without starting with a brand new route and lay it all out again from start to finish.

JasonK94Z 02-21-2011 08:50 AM

I'm new too, and I have been playing around in mapsource with routes. I can open both routes, and just move waypoints around until the route suits me, then recalculate it, etc.

Now if I could just figure out how to make the 60csx always orient the map with north at the top of the screen like a car gps!

DrLewall 02-21-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis (Post 15242251)
Ok I'm getting ready to show just how dumb I am when it comes to gps technology. If I wanted to download the route from white rock to the natural bridge then insert the bypass to go around the whoop de doo's then how would I do that?

Sorry to sound so stupid but I don't know how to make it do that without starting with a brand new route and lay it all out again from start to finish.

Not sure Lee..may depend on your GPS..Maybe Charlie can be some help here..what I do is load several trax in the unit, and when I get to a point where I need to change trax, I bring it up in the unit and go from there..dunno if that helps or not, but it works for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z (Post 15242342)
I'm new too, and I have been playing around in mapsource with routes. I can open both routes, and just move waypoints around until the route suits me, then recalculate it, etc.

Now if I could just figure out how to make the 60csx always orient the map with north at the top of the screen like a car gps!

Hmmm..I would think that the 60csx would "auto north"..most garmins do...I think if you go to your SET UP page you should see some symbols like a flag, a snake (track) an anchor etc..well under the N (North) symble, under ORIENTATION, scroll thru till you come to TRACK UP and set it there..hope this helps

JasonK94Z 02-21-2011 09:05 AM

Thanks Doc. I'll look at that when I get home. Thinking of riding is a chore in itself, let a lone having to look at the gps and think, is that my left or my right? :huh

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:13 PM.