ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fly Trekker Dual Sport Helmet? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667916)

underkill 03-12-2011 08:10 PM

Fly Trekker Dual Sport Helmet?
 
Has anyone heard of this?

Fly Trekker... dual sport helmet, has the regular street shield and offroad visor.

Comes in high vis yellow?!

http://www.flyracing.com/moto/race-w...trekker-helmet
http://images.motorcycle-superstore....ent-Yellow.jpg

Anyway... searched and didn't find anything about it... Anyone have one? like it? Does it work with goggles? Was originally researching the Fly Carbon offroad helmets, but liked my Shoei Hornet enough to consider another one like it...

Wannabee 03-12-2011 08:16 PM

Look on Atomic Moto's website , that is the same helmet that AFX has out , it is made by another manufacture. Looks cool though , I myself have been looking at them.

aim2kill 03-31-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underkill (Post 15403717)
Has anyone heard of this?

Fly Trekker... dual sport helmet, has the regular street shield and offroad visor.

Comes in high vis yellow?!

http://www.flyracing.com/moto/race-w...trekker-helmet


Anyway... searched and didn't find anything about it... Anyone have one? like it? Does it work with goggles? Was originally researching the Fly Carbon offroad helmets, but liked my Shoei Hornet enough to consider another one like it...

it also comes in Black, Matte black, silver, and white. In addition to the Hi-Viz yellow of course.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/f...kker-ds-helmet

I am trying to track down some more reviews as well as replacement len's for it, but i think it looks great. like a poor man's icon variant.

revzilla did a review on them here:
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6HdLpmGrUg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6HdLpmGrUg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

i really want to get a set for my wife and I, but i want to hear a couple people's real-world views on them first. first appearance seems they are pretty solid for the $$. :evil

Abomb 04-01-2011 11:50 AM

FLy Trekker and AFX FX-39 are made by the same company, same helmet, THH. THe Fly hlemet has a higher price point with no added features.

Here is a quick review:


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=658019&page=6

Just ordered a AFX from Atomic Moto. I will put a review in the above thread when I can.

aim2kill 04-01-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abomb (Post 15562019)
FLy Trekker and AFX FX-39 are made by the same company, same helmet, THH. THe Fly hlemet has a higher price point with no added features.

Here is a quick review:


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=658019&page=6

Just ordered a AFX from Atomic Moto. I will put a review in the above thread when I can.

Thanks for the link :thumb
just the info i was looking for, it seems really well loved, esp for the money. I think I might just buy a set this week, but I dunno, i'll keep on the research path.

Thanks Abomb! :freaky

Great Buffalo 04-02-2011 03:17 AM

This is basically the same helmet as the AFX FX39. I just picked one up and so far I really like. The price was right as well at about 120 bucks. The only issue I'm having is that I wear glasses and the cheek pads are a little high and interfere with the glasses. I may find a way to cut this down some. They will also work well with goggles but I will not be using them due to the glasses this. I would go with contacts but my eyes don't get along with them. I'm happy with the purchase.

aim2kill 04-02-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Buffalo (Post 15567025)
This is basically the same helmet as the AFX FX39. I just picked one up and so far I really like. The price was right as well at about 120 bucks. The only issue I'm having is that I wear glasses and the cheek pads are a little high and interfere with the glasses. I may find a way to cut this down some. They will also work well with goggles but I will not be using them due to the glasses this. I would go with contacts but my eyes don't get along with them. I'm happy with the purchase.


i wear glasses, so thats important information to me! My current helmet also pinches some, but i may revert to contacts to combat this. i can wear them, im just super lazy, and like the 'grab and go' go glasses. -as annoying as they are... :lol3

ive got gogglee, but usually only use them in the sand dunes when its hot and dusty, or when im eating shit behind another rider. i take it the shield seals relativly well? :ear

also, its not going to affect the sale...but how noisy is the helmet?:norton

my wife does not wear glasses, that lucky dog!

darkshadow 04-02-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Buffalo (Post 15567025)
This is basically the same helmet as the AFX FX39. I just picked one up and so far I really like. The price was right as well at about 120 bucks. The only issue I'm having is that I wear glasses and the cheek pads are a little high and interfere with the glasses. I may find a way to cut this down some. They will also work well with goggles but I will not be using them due to the glasses this. I would go with contacts but my eyes don't get along with them. I'm happy with the purchase.

Please tell more.:ear This helmet is so new, there are no actual user reviews. This helmet is at the top of my list right now. But now with the high cheek pads issue, I don't know. I always wear sunglasses:huh. Man I wish these were sold somewhere nearby so I could actually try on one.

aim2kill 04-02-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshadow (Post 15567171)
Please tell more.:ear This helmet is so new, there are no actual user reviews. This helmet is at the top of my list right now. But now with the high cheek pads issue, I don't know. I always wear sunglasses:huh. Man I wish these were sold somewhere nearby so I could actually try on one.

Bingo. i really want to try one on, but i will have to settle for lots of interwebs information. :eek1

nmdave7 04-02-2011 10:47 AM

I have an afx and am very happy with it. Had it about 2 years and seems to have held up as well as my buddy's shoei for 1/4 the price. The shoei has a nicer finish and higher quality padding, but $120 vs $500 is asking a lot.

nmdave7 04-02-2011 10:50 AM

Don't know if the afx is available in high vis, but that would be cool.

Brtp4 04-02-2011 10:58 AM

Gentlemen, few details:

Fly helmet will not be available until May. Vendor says April....but it will be May.

AFX is available in hi viz.

I wear glasses and do not have the same issue on the AFX. This is a highly individualized bit of feedback.....based on location of ears, head shape, etc.

BP

aim2kill 04-02-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmdave7 (Post 15569041)
Don't know if the afx is available in high vis, but that would be cool.

picture can be seen here:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...is-Helmet.aspx

Rapid Dog 05-26-2011 07:41 AM

...what's the story as far as noise with this Fly guy?
Quiet?
Noisy?
Toerable?

I know from experience that the Icon Variant was very quiet in for reference.

Crazy_Dave 05-26-2011 08:44 AM

I should have mine sometime next week. Let you know


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014