ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Pride, Power & Pinstripes (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673897)

ST-DocLizard1 04-01-2011 11:59 AM

Pride, Power & Pinstripes
 
Opening Day 2011
109th Yankee Season

Looks like a good start. :clap

Six innings from CC
Homers from Teixeira(3 run) & Granderson(go ahead)
A perfect performance from the BullPen.
Chamberlain (3 up, 3 down & the win))
Soriano (3 up, 3 down)
Rivera (3 up, 3 down)

A-Rod needs to lose some of the arrogance.

rbrsddn 04-01-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST-DocLizard1 (Post 15562094)
Opening Day 2011
109th Yankee Season

Looks like a good start. :clap

Six innings from CC
Homers from Teixeira(3 run) & Granderson(go ahead)
A perfect performance from the BullPen.
Chamberlain (3 up, 3 down & the win))
Soriano (3 up, 3 down)
Rivera (3 up, 3 down)

A-Rod needs to lose some of the arrogance.


ARod is the perfect example of whats wrong with baseball!

Go Sawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:lol3

tengai 04-01-2011 04:40 PM

I'm still pissed that the Tigers gave up Granderson. Tiger fan, you guessed it.

I have his rookie Jersey, never worn. Could be worth money some day. That guy has talent if he can stay healthy. :deal

PoundSand 04-01-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn (Post 15563953)
Go Sawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:lol3


rough start- looks like the sox are only going to go 161-1 now. there's always next year for us yankees fans. :D

PoundSand 04-01-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tengai (Post 15564019)
I'm still pissed that the Tigers gave up Granderson. Tiger fan, you guessed it.

um, you didn't notice the guy they got as a replacement for him (austin jackson) had a pretty good year last year?

tengai 04-01-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoundSand (Post 15564035)
um, you didn't notice the guy they got as a replacement for him (austin jackson) had a pretty good year last year?


Yeah, I guess he's okay, but I want my cake and eat it too. :lol3

ST-DocLizard1 04-01-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn (Post 15563953)
ARod is the perfect example of whats wrong with baseball!

Go Sawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:lol3

I hear that, and agree 100%.

Looks like your team had an unhappy ending in Arlington today. Danny Bard got beat up pretty bad. Ellsbury and Pedroia are the future of the Sox if they remain healthy. Coupled with the veterans on the roster, they have the potential for another pennant run.

Boston/New York: the best rivalry in all of sports. Looking forward to our first series April 8-10.

Doc

rbrsddn 04-02-2011 05:39 AM

Can't win 'em all! :lol3

ST-DocLizard1 04-02-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn (Post 15567404)
Can't win 'em all! :lol3


Keep the faith.

Only 161 games left on the schedule.:D


Doc

ST-DocLizard1 04-03-2011 04:38 AM

Another good start. Burnett looked a little shaky at times but still fanned six in 5 innings of work. Teixeira with another 3-run jack!

Let's go for the hat trick today.

ST-DocLizard1 04-03-2011 06:22 PM

Hughes got beat up today 5 earned runs in only four innings.

2-1 so far.

On to the Twins Series.

ST-DocLizard1 04-05-2011 05:49 AM

3-1 . Nice job by Ivan Nova in going six frames with the lead. Let's hear it for the Bull Pen.

devo2002 04-05-2011 09:11 AM

Yankees = :puke1

PoundSand 04-05-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST-DocLizard1 (Post 15591116)
3-1 . Nice job by Ivan Nova in going six frames with the lead. Let's hear it for the Bull Pen.

Nova's looking good.

The pen is obviously good. Not liking how they're being used though - is Girardi trying to go joba-soriano-mo every game? What's he going to do when we get a couple close games in a row?

PoundSand 04-05-2011 10:21 PM

Well, there's the crappy bullpen management showing itself...


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014