ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Layin' down tracks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   1Gb memory in a 276C? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699435)

MiGSel 06-20-2011 04:54 AM

1Gb memory in a 276C?
 
I can buy a 1Gb Garmin memory card that originally contained Blue Chart XL mapping.

The seller claims that it will work in a 276C, to load my own maps on.
I thought 512Mb was the limit for a 276 though.

Is there anybody around who has actually tried the same?

Cheers,
Michel

yatman 06-22-2011 12:38 PM

Memory card
 
I have a GPSMap 76CSx and bought a 2g card for it....the "card" has to fit into the unit...the card I have even comes with a MicroSD adapter to fit ito a camera or similar....should work...good luck

yatman

DRTBYK 06-22-2011 01:37 PM

No guarantee that the "hacked" BlueChart Data Card will work in the 276C since those Chart data cards were not available for the 276C. It's simply a matter of memory addressing on the 276C. If the seller says it will "work" in the 276C, I'd ask the seller how large of a map file has been successfully loaded and read on the card by a 276C. If the GPS can read a file larger than 512MB from the card it should be OK.

OPINION: Doesn't seem like the best investment unless it's free.

Cheers,

BlueLghtning 06-23-2011 08:59 PM

Man, this would be great if it did work. It really sucks being stuck with a maximum of 512mb's on Garmin's proprietary memory cards that the x76/x78 units use.

You can be the guinea pig! :D

BlueLghtning 06-23-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yatman (Post 16228656)
I have a GPSMap 76CSx and bought a 2g card for it....the "card" has to fit into the unit...the card I have even comes with a MicroSD adapter to fit ito a camera or similar....should work...good luck

yatman

The 60/76 series use micro SD cards. Totally different card.

It would be great if someone came up with a hack to fit/wire a micro SD into the Garmin proprietary card. :evil

DRTBYK 06-23-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueLghtning (Post 16240734)
Man, this would be great if it did work. It really sucks being stuck with a maximum of 512mb's on Garmin's proprietary memory cards that the x76/x78 units use.

You can be the guinea pig! :D

Only problem is that those BlueChart Data Cards are no longer made and I expect there weren't a lot of them sold.

I still want to see that the 276C can read files larger than 512MB on that Data Card.:norton

GodSilla 06-24-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiGSel (Post 16208563)
I can buy a 1Gb Garmin memory card that originally contained Blue Chart XL mapping.

The seller claims that it will work in a 276C, to load my own maps on.
I thought 512Mb was the limit for a 276 though.

Is there anybody around who has actually tried the same?

Cheers,
Michel

No idea if it will work or not. :dunno

That must be why this place is called Adventure Rider, go on, have a go, you know you want to....:lobby

SKINNY 06-24-2011 06:18 AM

When I bought my 276C, it would only handle a 256 meg card...Garmin then released a firmware/op. system update that would allow a 512 meg card...I've never heard of anyone using a 1 gig card...

FLY 06-24-2011 06:24 AM

Hi all
Why not 2Gb !? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTospcxgqvQ

GeckoRider 06-24-2011 06:40 AM

Not being able to read Russian I could not see in that video how storage that card had. As far as I could tell it was only using the internal memory. Not saying it did not work, just that I could not tell from the video. As long as the device has "address pointers" (bit size) that can use 2Gig or larger I don't see why it would not work. Just because Garmin does not want to make the cards to help "entice" you to by the latest and greatest doesn't mean that it couldn't work. Just trying to avoid wishful thinking and scammers.

FLY 06-24-2011 07:03 AM

276c has practically no internal memory

Jeff@TheQuadShop 06-24-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLY (Post 16242424)

Now that is interesting! I've figured that it could be done for awhile now, that is the first time that I've actually seen it done.

xcmountain80 12-05-2011 06:59 PM

I email them for more info, I'd love to have the US loaded on 1 card.

A

xcmountain80 12-06-2011 06:02 AM

2gb card shipped for $150, add North American Maps for $50.

A

BlueLghtning 12-06-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcmountain80 (Post 17453791)
I email them for more info, I'd love to have the US loaded on 1 card.

A

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcmountain80 (Post 17456178)
2gb card shipped for $150, add North American Maps for $50.

A

Can you expand more? Do you have a link? What card are you talking about that is 2gb and fits the X76/X78 units? And NA maps for $50?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014