ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Baldy, blame AceRph (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tapatalk Participated Threads (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720845)

newcastleadam 08-30-2011 06:35 AM

Tapatalk Participated Threads

I enjoy using Tapatalk, but one of the things I *love* is the "Participated" threads option.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xnxz3acXM6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is there a similar option on the website?

marchyman 08-30-2011 12:13 PM

Go to the control panel and "Edit Options" to subscribe to all threads that you've posted to. I use the "No Email notification" option. Then when you click on the Control Panel link you will see a list of your subscribed threads that have had new posts since your last visit. There is also a link on that page to "View all Subscribed Threads".

I think that will do what you want.

newcastleadam 08-30-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marchyman (Post 16746996)
Go to the control panel and "Edit Options" to subscribe to all threads that you've posted to. I use the "No Email notification" option. Then when you click on the Control Panel link you will see a list of your subscribed threads that have had new posts since your last visit. There is also a link on that page to "View all Subscribed Threads".

I think that will do what you want.

Played around with that, might be able to make it work. Was hoping there was an already-made solution similar to the Tapatalk offering. You know, something easier :D

Jamie Z 08-31-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcastleadam (Post 16747365)
Played around with that, might be able to make it work. Was hoping there was an already-made solution similar to the Tapatalk offering. You know, something easier :D

I'm like you. I like the "Participated" threads option.

The closest way I've found to emulate that on the site is to go to your profile under the statistics tab, and click on "Find all posts by..." It'll list your most recent posts; you can click on them to see if there are replies since you posted. It doesn't work quite the same, but it's similar.

Sometimes an easier way to get the same list is to find a post you made and click on your name, a menu will drop down and one of the options will be to "Find all posts by..."

That's all I got.

Jamie

RAGBrian 09-18-2012 06:33 PM

Just upgraded to a new smart phone this week. I installed Tapatalk and love it! Now I can read ADVRider and some other boards at will without sitting in front of a PC. This is going to be fun if I am waiting inline someplace..."Go ahead, take your time-I still have some more threads to wade thru!" :D

So, I have a question about Participated Threads. When I start Tapatalk, I see the Accounts screen and the sites I have saved so far, and on the 2nd bar the Network Accounts Picks. The I select Adventure Rider, and get the next screen and see the Unread All Participated options. What I would like is that the Participated function is highlighted and showing my subscribed threads, so that I don't have to do a tap to select it. Call me lazy....anyone see how to set that? Or, is that something that Tapatalk needs to hear to add that level in the settings?

As for having a answer for the same thing when using a web browser, here's what I do: I use this URL -> http://advrider.com/forums/usercp.php and make a book mark in my browser bar. I also edit the name to show nothing, and when I save it, I have the site icon in my browser bar. When you click on that link and have logged in, you see your subscribed threads and groups right before your eyes! :eek1

Jamie Z 09-21-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAGBrian (Post 19626146)
So, I have a question about Participated Threads. When I start Tapatalk, I see the Accounts screen and the sites I have saved so far, and on the 2nd bar the Network Accounts Picks. The I select Adventure Rider, and get the next screen and see the Unread All Participated options. What I would like is that the Participated function is highlighted and showing my subscribed threads, so that I don't have to do a tap to select it. Call me lazy....anyone see how to set that? Or, is that something that Tapatalk needs to hear to add that level in the settings?

As for having a answer for the same thing when using a web browser, here's what I do: I use this URL -> http://advrider.com/forums/usercp.php and make a book mark in my browser bar. I also edit the name to show nothing, and when I save it, I have the site icon in my browser bar. When you click on that link and have logged in, you see your subscribed threads and groups right before your eyes! :eek1

I'm using the iOS version of Tapatalk and it does what you want to do. When I click on ADVrider from the Accounts page, it automatically loads up the Participated tab (it loads whichever tab I last used, which is almost always the Participated tab). Perhaps the Android version is a bit different.

As for the bookmark you posted, that shows just the threads you've subscribed to. Tapatalk will show a list of any threads you've posted in. I don't subscribe to every thread I've posted in, but it would be convenient to have a list of those threads in the same way Tapatalk displays them.

Jamie

RAGBrian 09-21-2012 06:17 AM

Jamie,

You may have answered another question I posted on a different thread. So I now understand correctly the terms Participated and Subscribed.

I will look at this closer tonight. There should be no difference between iOS and Android in functionality.

idc22 12-10-2012 10:40 AM

view newest posts

This thread reminded me of another question about Tapatalk functionality via web site.

My favorite feature of the app on my iPad is when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me directly to the newest unread post in that thread. This is great, because on big threads, like ones dedicated to a certain bike, 3 or 4 pages might get added between visits, and having to hit *last page* then manually go back until I can figure out where I left off is sub optimal compared to Tapatalk.

idc22 12-10-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idc22 (Post 20218245)
This thread reminded me of another question about Tapatalk functionality via web site.

My favorite feature of the app on my iPad is when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me directly to the newest unread post in that thread. This is great, because on big threads, like ones dedicated to a certain bike, 3 or 4 pages might get added between visits, and having to hit *last page* then manually go back until I can figure out where I left off is sub optimal compared to Tapatalk.

Never mind, I changed the site format from ADVrider 2.0 to Crash and now I see the little arrow next to my subscribed threads, which takes me directly to newest unread post.

mrprez 12-11-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idc22 (Post 20218309)
Never mind, I changed the site format from ADVrider 2.0 to Crash and now I see the little arrow next to my subscribed threads, which takes me directly to newest unread post.

That link is in both formats. You can also change your bookmark to read:

Code:

http://advrider.com/forums/subscription.php

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:50 AM.