ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nascar 2012 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746827)

Motorcyclist 12-04-2011 10:21 PM

Nascar 2012
 
2011 is in the can, let's see if we can get things going for 2012.

First order of bidness: word on the street is that Kurt Busch is out at Penske Racing. Roger P. is a pretty patient and deliberate guy, but ol' Kurt pushed him to the brink. Buh-bye Kurt, here's hoping a start and park team picks you up!

larryboy 12-04-2011 10:31 PM

Maybe Kurt can be the backup driver for his brother when Kyle is suspended and not allowed to be on track?

I'd still like to kiss Jimmy Spencer on the lips for punching Kurt in the face.:deal

Motorcyclist 12-04-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryboy (Post 1744695)

I'd still like to kiss Jimmy Spencer on the lips for punching Kurt in the face.:deal

All hail Mr. Excitement

:bow

exoff-roadgoat 12-05-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcyclist (Post 17446978)
All hail Mr. Excitement

:bow

:clapJIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY! :rofl

RedRocket 12-05-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcyclist (Post 17446927)
2011 is in the can, let's see if we can get things going for 2012.

First order of bidness: word on the street is that Kurt Busch is out at Penske Racing. Roger P. is a pretty patient and deliberate guy, but ol' Kurt pushed him to the brink. Buh-bye Kurt, here's hoping a start and park team picks you up!



Penske already got rid of Busch's crew chief. Why do that if you're gonna change the driver too?

Motorcyclist 12-05-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocket (Post 17448172)
Penske already got rid of Busch's crew chief. Why do that if you're gonna change the driver too?

My understanding is that Addington left of his own accord. He has just been named Stewart's crew chief, so I'd say he made a good move. After working with Kyle and Kurt the past several years, that guy deserves a medal.

An article I saw in October quoted Roger Penske as wanting to keep Addington: "He has done a fantastic job for us and I hope to keep him here long term, Penske told Blount."

One sure sign of distress in an organization is when good people start heading for the door, duh :lol3. The way Busch treated his crew in public (I can only imagine the tantrums in private), did not foster any team building, and good people will only put up with that for so long (maybe a little longer if you're winning consistently). Roger probably figures that it is easier to replace a driver than an entire engineering staff and pit crew.

larryboy 12-05-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcyclist (Post 17448358)
My understanding is that Addington left of his own accord.


Yup, he quit Penske.

Looks like Hendrick wants Grubb back, but they don't have a crew chief spot for him because Kahne's deal has him bringing his own crew chief.

shrineclown 12-05-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryboy (Post 17446955)
Maybe Kurt can be the backup driver for his brother when Kyle is suspended and not allowed to be on track?

I'd still like to kiss Jimmy Spencer on the lips for punching Kurt in the face.:deal

Sorry, Jimmy doesn't go that way. I have met Pat, his wife.

shrineclown 12-05-2011 09:02 AM

Uhhh, Mr. Penske, there is a very nice young man by the name of Reutimann who needs a ride. Have you heard of him?

larryboy 12-05-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrineclown (Post 17449318)
Uhhh, Mr. Penske, there is a very nice young man by the name of Reutimann who needs a ride. Have you heard of him?



I like the Rooterman, but he is too dang nice. Penske drivers are traditionally aggressive idiots...aside from Donahue who was just plain cool.


This just in...Kurt Busch is officially done at Penske!! :clap


Hmmm...Vickers to Penske?

shrineclown 12-05-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryboy (Post 17449714)
I like the Rooterman, but he is too dang nice. Penske drivers are traditionally aggressive idiots...aside from Donahue who was just plain cool.


This just in...Kurt Busch is officially done at Penske!! :clap


Hmmm...Vickers to Penske?



Jayski is saying Ragan.

larryboy 12-05-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrineclown (Post 17450007)
Jayski is saying Ragan.


Probably so.

I think Vickers would be a good match for a second car for Robby Gordon. They both have the Redbull background and Robby really needs another car to be competetive as a team.

shrineclown 12-05-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryboy (Post 17450055)
Probably so.

I think Vickers would be a good match for a second car for Robby Gordon. They both have the Redbull background and Robby really needs another car to be competetive as a team.

Robby needs money, and he has burned a lot of bridges in his wake. Do you think they could get it together?

Motorcyclist 12-05-2011 11:04 AM

As long as Hornish does not return. Great open wheel driver, not so great in a stock car.

Vickers and Reutimann have both had good equipment, but not set the world on fire with it. Same with Ragan. I'd rather see a young guy get promoted than recycle some veteran drivers.

Maybe Awesome Bill, Texas Terry or Kyle Petty are available?

shrineclown 12-05-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcyclist (Post 17450285)
As long as Hornish does not return. Great open wheel driver, not so great in a stock car.

Vickers and Reutimann have both had good equipment, but not set the world on fire with it. Same with Ragan. I'd rather see a young guy get promoted than recycle some veteran drivers.

Maybe Awesome Bill, Texas Terry or Kyle Petty are available?


Hornish is going for the Nationwide championship, which is what they should have done long ago. Denker says that is not going to change. The problem is bringing up a young guy is they have one already and he is damn good. I think Jayski is right, Ragan is in for a year. If he does anything he may stay. Otherwise, they are going to survey the situation next fall. I bet Penske and Bowyer wish this timing were different. That would have been a nice fit. Plus, Pennzoil is going to want a well known name for their purposes.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014