ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Warped VIII (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749889)

mike54 04-10-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangplank (Post 18427090)
If rain I'm there.... Snow is the issue here in the high Sierras. I ain't skierd of no rain. But the fuck'n roads need to be open with no controls or :(

395 to 178 should be open. Then there's always 58 if 178 has a problem. If 395 doesn't work you can take 95 down through Vegas and come in that way. You're leaving Wed morning, right?

itsatdm 04-10-2012 08:38 PM

Does everyone know it might rain?:rofl. Just exploring options here. Worse case, I could throw the KLX in the back of my pickup or haul it down on a trailer. If I used the trailer, would that take up too much space? (5x8) So any one got a ramp to get it off and on the truck down there?

Being manly, I never needed one.:ricky

Kali Trailrider 04-10-2012 08:40 PM

Anyone want to split a room friday night?

Well it looks like it will be a raining friday night.

So if anyone wants to split a double queen room with me it should be about $50 each.
found a place in wofford heights for $81 plus taxes. I bet we could even get maybe four in a room if a couple of guys have sleeping bags on the floor. that would be $25 each. Dibs on one bed.

PM me. :snore:snore

For anyone who wants a good nights sleep

pierce 04-10-2012 08:52 PM

you can park a trailer in the parking out by the road.

DannyG 04-10-2012 08:57 PM

anyone riding dirt from LA on thursday?

sopascat 04-10-2012 09:00 PM

Riding Thursday, not dirt though. See you up there :D

DannyG 04-10-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sopascat (Post 18427659)
Riding Thursday, not dirt though. See you up there :D

don't 4get ur brownies :D

GoinPostal 04-10-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyG (Post 18427693)

:clap:clap:clap:clap

YetiGS 04-10-2012 09:09 PM

Rain, schmain. :norton

sopascat 04-10-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyG (Post 18427693)

Oh thanks :rolleyes

Gerg 04-10-2012 09:26 PM

I can't weigh in on the wimping out cuz as you know, I'm in the Motorhome.

But I can tell you it took all freaking day to print and stuff the name tags in the plastic holders. Then stuff the name tags, stickers, and your shirt orders in plastic baggies. Stickers and name tags in baggies for those who didn't buy shirts.

So what I'm thinking is to have you show up for the swag giveaway and you put your name tag in the hat for the drawing (minus the stick pin). That way I don't have to print up a bunch more crap! Since you have to be present to win that would work out well.

When you check in you need to look at your badge and bag to make sure it has everything you paid for. On the back of the badge I wrote the items you paid for so before you walk away from the table/motorhome you better check. I've indicated the Days, shirts, and beer glass count on the back and a secret mark on the front that'll get you through the dinner line.

Just to recap the BIGGER Swag:
A bunch of Giant Loop Stuff
Alaska Leather Butt Pads
GoPrp Camera
a $500 Klim gift Certificate
2 $100 Gift Cards from Valley Cycle (they have a mail order/internet dept)
And some other promised items...

Remember, it might suck getting there but Lake Isabella is the high desert. They get much less rain than the surrounding areas. And last but not least, 178 through the Kern River Canyon or over Walker pass should not be a problem. 155 over Greenhorn Summit MIGHT have snow (6500 feet). Plan accordingly.

dyvking 04-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18427828)
So what I'm thinking is to have you show up for the swag giveaway and you put your name tag in the hat for the drawing (minus the stick pin). That way I don't have to print up a bunch more crap! Since you have to be present to win that would work out well.

That sounds like a good plan.
Hey, Gerg.. whats the earliest we can show up on Thursday?

pierce 04-10-2012 09:37 PM

I'd be very wary of greenhorn... this microcast says definite snow up there for several days.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

not a LOT of snow, but still icy conditions. I've been over that pass on street tires in all kinda nasty weather and when its freezing, believe me, discretiion IS the better part of valor and going around is a _very_ _good_ _idea_.

Gerg 04-10-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyvking (Post 18427889)
That sounds like a good plan.
Hey, Gerg.. whats the earliest we can show up on Thursday?

Stonewall and I showed up a little before noon one year and we had to call the office to get them to come up and unlock the gate.

My guess, with a resident campground host now, is it'll be open by noon or earlier. They really don't care what we do since we have the whole place anyway. I'm shooting for noonish. As of right now we do have ~9 spaces available for Thursday and the whole loop for Friday.

Gerg

montibank 04-10-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRider650 (Post 18427502)
Well it looks like it will be a raining friday night.

So if anyone wants to split a double queen room with me it should be about $50 each.
found a place in wofford heights for $81 plus taxes. I bet we could even get maybe four in a room if a couple of guys have sleeping bags on the floor. that would be $25 each. Dibs on one bed.

PM me. :snore:snore

For anyone who wants a good nights sleep

LOL how many way split you willing on? I'll sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag with no complaints hehe... Is it stumbling distance from camp?

Wish I had a hard cover for the truck bed... That'd work fine.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:55 AM.