ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Warped VIII (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749889)

YetiGS 04-11-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZR (Post 18428690)
dudes scared of rain and looking for a motel .....

this is WARPED.

beer drinking at camp is #1.

if you motel it, you'll be missing a vital part of WARPED.

and it's RAIN.

WTF. no big deal.:dood

and there are HOT showers at camp.

rain jacket and rain pants at army surplus costs nothin.

Agreed. :D Plus, my riding gear is rain gear, so it'll do double duty. It might smell a bit by the end of the weekend but I have a washing machine at home. :D

Gerg 04-11-2012 06:53 AM

Ok you miscreants... TOPS you can fit 4 in my motorhome, that's if no one wants to move...

On the plus side I did buy a 25 cup coffee pot (actually asked Santa Claus for one, just for the rally/camping) so if requested I can have a pot going all day and I will have coffee in the mornings... bring your cup by.

Today's storm is/was supposed to be the big dump and as I type we had .36". It is currently a warm rain @ 52 degrees.

Watching the forecast, Thursday we're good, some rain on Friday then good for the remainder of the weekend... with next Tuesday being in the upper 70's :evil

I'm bringing the easy-up and some additional tarps we can possibly string up. The awning won't be much of an option. Like I said, it's on it's last leg and any heavy wind and I'll be rolling it up... sorry...

Gerg

Kali Trailrider 04-11-2012 07:39 AM

Just wanted to say

There is no shame it getting a good nights sleep (especially if it is raining all night).

And just for the record...I have not slept in my tent since I was ( shit I can't even remember).
I have an RV now so why the hell would I sleep in a tent.
When the weather gets bad I close the door and turn up the heater..!!
I would have brought it..but there is no room for it.

I plan to ride all day friday (rain or shine) all day saturday (rain or shine)
and most of the day Sunday (hopefully at least one day without rain).

So I want to be well rested at the start of the day...
Rincon...Check...done it
Kennedy Meadows...Check..done it

Single track....I will be on it bright and early...Dont want to miss a thing...

Except maybe the rain if I can avoid it. :jump

1224R 04-11-2012 07:55 AM

Yahoooooo!!!!

DannyG 04-11-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1224R (Post 18430367)
Yahoooooo!!!!

???

GillaFunk 04-11-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce (Post 18427895)
I'd be very wary of greenhorn... this microcast says definite snow up there for several days.
not a LOT of snow, but still icy conditions. I've been over that pass on street tires in all kinda nasty weather and when its freezing, believe me, discretiion IS the better part of valor and going around is a _very_ _good_ _idea_.

I remember taking the GS up there one year trying to get to DVD. LMFAO. There was SOOO much ice on that road. I must fell over 3 times before I turned around at probably 4k feet. No WAY would I make it the downhill.

Riding on pure ice with 2 wheels on a loaded GS....:rofl:rofl better off just dragging the bike.

mike54 04-11-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillaFunk (Post 18430421)
I remember taking the GS up there one year trying to get to DVD. LMFAO. There was SOOO much ice on that road. I must fell over 3 times before I turned around at probably 4k feet. No WAY would I make it the downhill.

Riding on pure ice with 2 wheels on a loaded GS....:rofl:rofl better off just dragging the bike.

Second only to the ice up there is the sand. It's a great road when it's clean and clear. But it can deteriorate pretty quick when the weather turns. It should be a great route on sunday.

dzrtracin 04-11-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyG (Post 18430405)
???

He just got his yahoo email account verified:clap

RIDE ON!

dyvking 04-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18427994)
My guess, with a resident campground host now, is it'll be open by noon or earlier. They really don't care what we do since we have the whole place anyway. I'm shooting for noonish. As of right now we do have ~9 spaces available for Thursday and the whole loop for Friday.

Gerg

Coolness. I was planning to be there around noon as well. Seize ya manana.

Bonerov 04-11-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongox (Post 18429727)
I've done Greenhorn, in rain, snow sleet ice and sand, not a real big deal. Its part of the adventure, remember, this is adventure rider, not, oh I'm afraid of the weather.

My thoughts exactly. I've ridden and camped in much worse than a little bit of rain. Sure, setting up a tent while it's muddy and getting dark on Friday evening won't be my favorite thing in the world. It's all part of the adventure, right? :evil

DannyG 04-11-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzrtracin (Post 18430649)
He just got his yahoo email account verified:clap

RIDE ON!

:rofl:rofl

DannyG 04-11-2012 11:23 AM

so how many RV spots we have:evil

HAPPYTRAILSINC 04-11-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRider650 (Post 18428334)
Talk to Perry maybe he might be in. That would be three of us.

I think at four people we would be maxed out. (So room for one more)

???? NOT if the rooms are small like @ kernville inn! two beds and barley enough room for two people

Think about it a hot shower after riding in the rain all day - a roof over our heads and a good nights sleep.

:clap:clap:clap

kernville inn across the street from camp is $150 friday night.

wofford heights is farthest from camp:huh and not a very glamourus town(not even a place to eat, unless u consider the gas station), stay in kernville if u are gonna get a room!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1224R (Post 18428652)
If you must get a room for Friday, book one at the Kern Lodge. RIGHT next door to Kern River Brewing. The lady who runs the place is a sweetie and The ZRX club I'm a member of stays there every year. Great Place. But only book a room there if you are scared of rain.. RAIN is soooooo scary!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZR (Post 18428690)
dudes scared of rain and looking for a motel .....

this is WARPED.

beer drinking at camp is #1.

if you motel it, you'll be missing a vital part of WARPED.

and it's RAIN.

WTF. no big deal.:dood

and there are HOT showers at camp.

rain jacket and rain pants at army surplus costs nothin.

you guys must have a roof over your heads:D:D:D or a place to sleep in (GERGS Motorhome/ice cream van)
camping in a tent on the ground in the rain/cold is not any fun to me:wink:

BUT, we will be there to:freaky and :beer and:bubba with u guys!:freaky:kumbaya

but not too much cause we got to be ready to :ricky:ricky the next mornings:lol3

CA Stu 04-11-2012 12:32 PM

Oh noes! A cloud!

http://ca-stu.smugmug.com/Motorcycle...18_WRCDw-L.jpg

:1drink

dzrtracin 04-11-2012 12:49 PM

For those who do not wish to stay in a WET/COLD tent, IF the weather sucks, you can get a room right behind the campground, i believe the name is falling water or falls, stayed there MANY years ago, nice people. 760-376-2242 As i remember they DO NOT allow guest to visit, may have changed though.

RIDE ON!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:16 PM.