ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Warped VIII (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749889)

DannyG 02-02-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce (Post 17895106)
Cover Gerg's a$$ fund pledges so far......
  1. $100 - pierce
  2. $100 - sopsacat
  3. $100 - lonestar2112
  4. $100 - Backoutonthehighway
  5. $100 - JStory

there ya go, at least $500 available to CGA so far....

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillaFunk (Post 17895581)
Regarding this Gerg Fund thing.... As you know I am a WARPED guy. I have attended every single one since its inception. HOWEVER, I don't see why we need to over commit ourselves to cover everyone else's asses.

If the spirit of ADV and WARPED is to get together and have a good time......why should just a few individuals step up and shell out cash just because the rest of the herd is having 'commitment issues'. Hell, its hard enough to get anyone else but Gerg, Yeti, Treadless and SamBucca to organize these events.

My $0.27

That said, I can kick in $100. Bet sure as shit though, that if I see anyone mooching at the event (camping for free, eating free, winning schwag for free) I will right propperly pour my hookah water in their gas tank and shit in their tent. :D

- These words as spoken by the GillaFunk

:thumb

need to remove Ktami and Alon neither can go...

Bigger Al 02-02-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillaFunk (Post 17897189)
Al....please.....dry up and blow away :lol3

:smooch

I've been sitting at home for almost 3 weeks. :jump Boredom has officially set in. :becca

Backoutonthehighway 02-02-2012 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=JStory;17894839]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Backoutonthehighway (Post 17894600)
Time to meet this group of degenerates I've publicly associated myself with anyway. QUOTE]

You're responsible for bringing your own goat.:deal

Only if I can tie it to your bike! :deal
:lol3

longtallsally 02-03-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Stu (Post 17894699)
This WARPED I'm gonna pace myself.
No more than one beer per hour per pound of body weight. :1drink

Am I the only one who has recognized the hilarity of this statement?

DaFoole 02-03-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtallsally (Post 17900014)
Am I the only one who has recognized the hilarity of this statement?

No....that's Stu's NORMAL beer intake......:eek1

:freaky

Gerg 02-03-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFoole (Post 17900060)
No....that's Stu's NORMAL beer intake......:eek1

Until he goes horizonal :deal

On the slush fund... Hold on until it gets to the deadline. We might get a surge and everything will be peachy. The final payment deadline is March 13th. If I'm short of cash I'll let you know a week before that.

Even if we don't have the beer fundage we have two home brewers bringing a full keg each, one should show up on Thursday and the other on Friday...

Life is good!

PS Sally, Feel free to kick some $ in... you know you'll be there in Spirt/Conversation... something like "That feckin Sally..."

Gerg

Gangplank 02-03-2012 09:01 AM

I don't normally drink beer. But when I do.... it'd be with a bunch of crabby ass FF on a motorcycle trip. :rofl

Don't drink beer. Will bring a supply of whiskey tho. Willing to donate $$ to the group beer fund though so I don't have to :1drink vs. :freaky. Life is better with friends. Even if they are a bunch of FF's. :lol3

pierce 02-03-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 17900212)
On the slush fund... Hold on until it gets to the deadline. We might get a surge and everything will be peachy. The final payment deadline is March 13th. If I'm short of cash I'll let you know a week before that.

this is just a pledge drive... no intents of sending any actual moneys til its really needed. looks like about $700 pledged so far.

CA Stu 02-03-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

I said I have been to every WARPED. Song-dog was never hailed as a 'WARPED Trip/Tour'

From my smugmug April of 2005 :1drink

http://gillafunk.smugmug.com/Motorcy...00_kxeot-M.jpg

I stand corrected.

That year I was too busy putting out flaming KLRs to hang out much at camp...

http://ca-stu.smugmug.com/Motorcycle...18_WRCDw-L.jpg

CA Stu 02-03-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 17900212)
Until he goes horizonal :deal

Then it's 2 P.H.P.P.O.B.W. :deal

:D

pierce 02-03-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

I said I have been to every WARPED. Song-dog was never hailed as a 'WARPED Trip/Tour'

indeed. the Song Dog 'prequel' was, I believe, referred to as the Song Dog Howl. Sadly, after setting the wheels in motion for that one, I had to miss it, and go to Hawaii with the family, instead.

the concept was the same, take advantage of the arid weather of Southern California to hold an early season spring ride-in/camp/bbq/party ... Song Dog Ranch was an epic location, I managed to make it to one event (the last 'Twaddlefest') just before it was closed down by overzealous planning weenies.:cry

I still think of Song Dog as Warped 0, even though the WARPED Trip name didn't come to existence until the following year when planning for the first event at MRA in Kernville...:freaky

HAPPYTRAILSINC 02-03-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backoutonthehighway (Post 17894600)
Beer's included! I'm IN! :freaky

(BTW - I just found this thread today. And almost missed it at that. Might want to update the post in the sticky section with an attention getting photo or two.)

Looking forward to meeting you all! C
heers!

I beleive pulling this from the cali forum to the rallies forum really hurt the event!
even though there is a link 1 post from the end of the closed sticky, i beleive ppl dont know how to jump over here to this post!

i too have been asked where the thread is:cry located

i will be bringing 2, 5 gal corny kegs for this event!
1 for us/me to drink thru out the days, and another for the fesative night:lol3 of fun:freaky

we will be arriving friday moring, then heading out for a ride, keysville anybody?????

DaFoole 02-03-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Stu (Post 17901637)
I stand corrected.

That year I was too busy putting out flaming KLRs to hang out much at camp...

http://ca-stu.smugmug.com/Motorcycle...18_WRCDw-L.jpg

I guess this explains the high voice.....

:lol3

Backoutonthehighway 02-03-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC (Post 17902584)
I beleive pulling this from the cali forum to the rallies forum really hurt the event!
even though there is a link 1 post from the end of the closed sticky, i beleive ppl dont know how to jump over here to this post!

i too have been asked where the thread is:cry located

i will be bringing 2, 5 gal corny kegs for this event!
1 for us/me to drink thru out the days, and another for the fesative night:lol3 of fun:freaky

we will be arriving friday moring, then heading out for a ride, keysville anybody?????

I'll bring some cee-gars. :deal

DaFoole 02-03-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backoutonthehighway (Post 17904795)
I'll bring some cee-gars. :deal

You are my new best friend...:evil

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:58 AM.