ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Warped VIII (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749889)

dzrtracin 03-12-2012 05:59 PM

my zero cents worth
 
I say go big & I say go small.

RIDE ON!!!

DaFoole 03-12-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyvking (Post 18201048)
My vote is for BIG. You can always put less stuff in it. Hard to go the other way.


As far as my vote, I couldn't care less which one but do subscribe to the above philosophy. However, I do agree (with Treadless...:eek1) that we expand our crap to fill the existing space.

Enough of that crap, let's get back to the beer debate....:lol3



:freaky

RocknTroll 03-12-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFoole (Post 18201745)
As far as my vote, I couldn't care less which one but do subscribe to the above philosophy. However, I do agree (with Treadless...:eek1) that we expand our crap to fill the existing space.

Enough of that crap, let's get back to the beer debate....:lol3



:freaky

Red and something a little lighter for Breakfast is my vote

dyvking 03-12-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFoole (Post 18201745)
Enough of that crap, let's get back to the beer debate....:lol3

:freaky

Once its already paid for and iced down, my bottom line is "pour it, and I'll drink it."

If I were really all that particular, I wouldn't ride a GS, be a republican, or hang out with this genre of riff-raff. :lol3

Gerg 03-12-2012 07:11 PM

Having been the biermeister for many years I made an executive decision, supported by a few of you in your votes.

Thursday night will be a keg of Blonde!

I did this for a couple of reasons
1) It's a nice refreshing brew for that first beer when you step off the bike.
2) The likelyhood of hurting someone on the first night is slightly diminished... slightly

The second keg is the RED. I'm not sure when we'll pick that up. I guess it depends on what shows up and when.

We've gone towards the darker and heavier AND more alcohol beers for a LONG time. Since I'm the HDIC I made the call to use my tenure to experiment with you guys and gals to see if we drink MORE of the lighter stuff.

I also have the option for another keg on Saturday night IF we are close to running out. I was promised they would have a blonde but if something else is available we could probably get it.

In my ~46 years of beer drinking I've found that the Heavy style beer drinkers will drink lighter beers, it doesn't work well the other way around. If you prove me wrong, WARPED XI will return to the other beers.

As you were...
Gerg

dyvking 03-12-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18202348)
Having been the biermeister for many years I made an executive decision, supported by a few of you in your votes.

Thursday night will be a keg of Blonde!

I did this for a couple of reasons
1) It's a nice refreshing brew for that first beer when you step off the bike.
2) The likelyhood of hurting someone on the first night is slightly diminished... slightly

The second keg is the RED. I'm not sure when we'll pick that up. I guess it depends on what shows up and when.

We've gone towards the darker and heavier AND more alcohol beers for a LONG time. Since I'm the HDIC I made the call to use my tenure to experiment with you guys and gals to see if we drink MORE of the lighter stuff.

I also have the option for another keg on Saturday night IF we are close to running out. I was promised they would have a blonde but if something else is available we could probably get it.

In my ~46 years of beer drinking I've found that the Heavy style beer drinkers will drink lighter beers, it doesn't work well the other way around. If you prove me wrong, WARPED XI will return to the other beers.

As you were...
Gerg

Word:deal

richard cabesa 03-12-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyvking (Post 18202426)
Word:deal

The Dirty Hippy Red that I had for lunch Saturday was REALLY good. !!

If we don't end up with another keg, stop by KRB and try it if you like a hoppy red ale :freaky

Bigger Al 03-12-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard cabesa (Post 18202731)
The Dirty Hippy Red that I had for lunch Saturday was REALLY good. !!

If we don't end up with another keg, stop by KRB and try it if you like a hoppy red ale :freaky

Who's Red, and why do insist on calling him a dirty hippy? Was he not good lunch company? :lol3

AceRph 03-12-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18200437)
Wow... we sure have two camps on this...
Go large
Go light

Since I usually over pack I understand the lure of light... but what do I know, I'm bringing the motorhome... for the last time (possibly).

Gerg

Go large. Take less. Fold.

Cyath 03-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18202348)
Having been the biermeister for many years I made an executive decision, supported by a few of you in your votes.

Thursday night will be a keg of Blonde!

I did this for a couple of reasons
1) It's a nice refreshing brew for that first beer when you step off the bike.
2) The likelyhood of hurting someone on the first night is slightly diminished... slightly

The second keg is the RED. I'm not sure when we'll pick that up. I guess it depends on what shows up and when.

We've gone towards the darker and heavier AND more alcohol beers for a LONG time. Since I'm the HDIC I made the call to use my tenure to experiment with you guys and gals to see if we drink MORE of the lighter stuff.

I also have the option for another keg on Saturday night IF we are close to running out. I was promised they would have a blonde but if something else is available we could probably get it.

In my ~46 years of beer drinking I've found that the Heavy style beer drinkers will drink lighter beers, it doesn't work well the other way around. If you prove me wrong, WARPED XI will return to the other beers.

As you were...
Gerg

Now that's a very compelling argument. :thumb
All hail, Gerg the Beermeister has spoken!

Treadless 03-13-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18202348)
Having been ........ blablabla












blablabla...........





:bueller







As you were...
Gerg



too long. didn't read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceRph (Post 18203367)
Go large. Take less. Fold.





:jack



Good one Rog!




Quote:

Originally Posted by dyvking (Post 18201048)
My vote is for BIG. You can always put less stuff in it. Hard to go the other way.


Come on Walt, keep up we just went over this. :zilla





I went to Scottsdale today (and back) and had lunch with Bill the Duck and worked on him to make the journey out for WARPED this year. I'm hopin' he'll make it. :fingers crossed smilie

RAZR 03-13-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg (Post 18202348)
Having been the biermeister for many years I made an executive decision, supported by a few of you in your votes.

Thursday night will be a keg of Blonde!

I did this for a couple of reasons
1) It's a nice refreshing brew for that first beer when you step off the bike.
2) The likelyhood of hurting someone on the first night is slightly diminished... slightly

The second keg is the RED. I'm not sure when we'll pick that up. I guess it depends on what shows up and when.

We've gone towards the darker and heavier AND more alcohol beers for a LONG time. Since I'm the HDIC I made the call to use my tenure to experiment with you guys and gals to see if we drink MORE of the lighter stuff.

I also have the option for another keg on Saturday night IF we are close to running out. I was promised they would have a blonde but if something else is available we could probably get it.

In my ~46 years of beer drinking I've found that the Heavy style beer drinkers will drink lighter beers, it doesn't work well the other way around. If you prove me wrong, WARPED XI will return to the other beers.

As you were...
Gerg

and this is why you are in charge ! ! ! :thumb


BTW, does KRBC have a seasonal beer? maybe have that for Saturday night:freaky:slurp

Conestogaman 03-13-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focallength (Post 18200981)
I cant make it this year, I need a brave soul to selflessly volunteer to get drunk in my place. Only the mosr devoted need apply as this is a thankless task with no official recognition. This person may be called upon next year as well.

:y0!:wings:1drink:freaky

Sorry you can't make it...

rider914 03-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC (Post 18197949)
can i throw in a "vote" for the mojavi bag???:wink:

much more usable for us "dirt" bikers w/small/medium bikes:lol3

+1 :thumb

Already have a coyote, but a mojavi could be very useful too.

-M

CA Stu 03-13-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treadless (Post 18203918)
I went to Scottsdale today (and back) and had lunch with Bill the Duck and worked on him to make the journey out for WARPED this year. I'm hopin' he'll make it. :fingers crossed smilie

Bill the Duck is a good cat. :thumb


Oop ack! Bring him back!


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014