ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Baldy, blame AceRph (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Baldy turned off a couple 'o features (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753533)

Baldy 01-03-2012 03:38 PM

Baldy turned off a couple 'o features
 
Erem, um, sure is a lot of interest in Dakar! :eek1 Woulda been nice if I'd anticipated the load but, um, no.

We're rushing around trying to put in faster disk storage to keep the site up but in the meantime I've shut off a few things like displaying who's online on the forum home page to lighten the load.

Sorry for the outages. :doh

DireWolf 01-03-2012 03:47 PM

Did you know all of the links beneath the regionals subforum are broken?

(Okers, blokes, yanks)

This is important stuff, man!

Baldy 01-03-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf (Post 17654345)
Did you know all of the links beneath the regionals subforum are broken?

(Okers, blokes, yanks)

This is important stuff, man!

Yeah, so what they used to lead to was pics of inmates. So nominate 3 fascinating inmates with great pics, popular on the site, point me to the pics and this time I'll put 'em in permanent locations where they don't get nuked.

Flood 01-04-2012 04:51 AM

Thanks so much for keeping the site running for us, boss :beer

Yes, the Dakar coverage is growing every year. Apart from the simple fun in following the rally in a way that's not possible anywhere else, be it on the net or on traditional media, you are providing a way for racer's families to get first hand news on their loved ones.

Vicks 01-04-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flood (Post 17658450)
Thanks so much for keeping the site running for us, boss :beer

Yes, the Dakar coverage is growing every year. Apart from the simple fun in following the rally in a way that's not possible anywhere else, be it on the net or on traditional media, you are providing a way for racer's families to get first hand news on their loved ones.

+100000000

I think there is no other place where such detailed and up-to-date info on the Dakar can be found. The official dakar website is a mess, as always....

thanks baldy.:clap

kaia 01-04-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy (Post 17654274)
Erem, um, sure is a lot of interest in Dakar! :eek1 Woulda been nice if I'd anticipated the load but, um, no.

We're rushing around trying to put in faster disk storage to keep the site up but in the meantime I've shut off a few things like displaying who's online on the forum home page to lighten the load.

Sorry for the outages. :doh

thanks for keeping things running, hopefully the small things turned off won't be missed.

the Dakar coverage via ADV is astounding this year! we've even heard of riders & assistance people IN the race hitting ADV to find out updates on riders that they can't get from ASO... we're becoming the source. it's pretty amazing to watch!

let us know if there's anything additional we can do to keep things running smoothly.

PackMule 01-04-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaia (Post 17658794)

the Dakar coverage via ADV is astounding this year! we've even heard of riders & assistance people IN the race hitting ADV to find out updates on riders that they can't get from ASO... we're becoming the source. it's pretty amazing to watch!


It's pretty incredible what the community here has built, and all on your back, Baldy. :bow

Thank You.

Quietus 01-04-2012 07:32 AM

Thanks for the effort and tolerance :):)

:bow

jonnykilo 01-04-2012 07:55 AM

Thanks
 
Thanks for providing for over 10 years Baldy.

a1fa 01-04-2012 08:16 AM

:lurk should we have another fun raiser? :deal

SteveO 01-04-2012 08:22 AM

I noticed yesterday that the site seemed slower than normal.

Thanks for taking action to keep it all going.

Hayduke 01-04-2012 09:10 AM

Thank you for allowing us Rally Tragic's to follow Dakar here. The ASO should be donating BIG to ADV...

Hayduke 01-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balkan Boy (Post 17658542)
This is a good excuse to close down CS&M. :evil

:rofl :thumb

pebble35 01-04-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke (Post 17660077)
Thank you for allowing us Rally Tragic's to follow Dakar here. The ASO should be donating BIG to ADV...

I heard a rumour that there is a man with a dark moustache busy cutting and pasting the reports from here onto the ASO website..........

Big thankyou to Baldy for letting us play here !

Bluebull2007 01-04-2012 11:32 AM

Thanks Baldy for this really fantastic forum! :freaky


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014