ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old's Cool (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How to be cool in Old's Cool. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757969)

kbasa 01-20-2012 10:13 PM

How to be cool in Old's Cool.

Howdy everyone! With a couple new sub-forums, our little corner of the world is getting bigger and broader, so to make this all work, we all need to work together.

There are only a few simple things we need to do make information easy to find, usefully informative and entertaining.

1. Put your posts in the right forum. Two stroke or Airhead? Put 'em in those forums. Your thread will get more attention from people who know those bikes, so you'll get better help.

2. Try to keep it on the topic of old bikes. Yes, we're all here because we love old bikes. I know we like to talk about other stuff, but there are spots in Inmates and JM for non old bike stuff.

3. Don't be a dick. Yep. That's it. We all need to remember that there are a variety of opinions and practices we will all never agree on. If someone's got a thread going, trying to get their bike fixed, don't start a pissing contest with someone else if you differ on the solution. Propose your solution. Remember - help the dude fix his bike.

I try not to mod too heavily. We're all adults. I'll move some stuff around once in a while. I might pull some less than helpful posts out of a thread and drop them in Head Explody. But other than that, I'm trying to stay out of your way. If I'm talking to you, it's not because I like screwing with people (I truly don't), it's because I'm trying to help everyone have a good time.

I love old bikes. You love old bikes. Let's talk about old bikes.

squish 01-20-2012 10:35 PM

Thanks for the effort. And I'm thinking the non airhead old bike guys are happy to be done with us messing up the old school forum.

kbasa 01-20-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squish (Post 17796151)
Thanks for the effort. And I'm thinking the non airhead old bike guys are happy to be done with us messing up the old school forum.

I'm trying to be the slacker mod. :lol3

camgregus 01-21-2012 12:21 AM

good job

If it were me I woulda left it alone, but it's not.

Good job guys! Thanks for the loose guidelines oh sausaginous one...

Bill Harris 01-21-2012 02:31 AM

Boy, howdy. We got's our own place now, an Airhead central, so to speak.

Sit down on the sofa, plop yer boots up on the coffee table and relaxatate.

Ahhh. :1drink

hardwaregrrl 01-21-2012 08:15 AM

Damn...were a pain in the ass, 'eh kbasa?! Thanks for all you do for us.

kbasa 01-21-2012 09:44 AM

Flood keeps things rolling in here, too. But I don't think either one of us feel like we need to read every post, thanks to you guys.

bpeckm 01-21-2012 11:57 AM

what? you don't read every post? what?

:evil

oh, yeah... thanks for ALL youse guys do to make this the very best of any m'cycle blog. Old School being the best of the best, natch!

dragoon 01-21-2012 02:33 PM

fuckin' awesome:norton

Beater 01-21-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon (Post 17800211)
fuckin' awesome:norton

Such a surly bunch of miscreants. SURLY!

Lornce 01-21-2012 10:25 PM

Didn't even notice the forum change. :dunno

I gotta pay more attention. :patch

Kbasa, thanks dude for your efforts at smooooth. :nod

:thumb

squish 01-22-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbasa (Post 17798366)
Flood keeps things rolling in here, too. But I don't think either one of us feel like we need to read every post, thanks to you guys.

Who.....?

Just kidding thanks to the other guy as well then.

Flood 01-22-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squish (Post 17803508)
Who.....?

Just kidding thanks to the other guy as well then.

:eyes

But honestly, we've all got other things to do as well, and when the Dakar or another big rally is on, I can't click in here for weeks. So hitting the "report" button is a good thing, it alerts us that something may or may not need attention. It's not necessarily a whiny thing. All in all, moderating Old's Cool and Racing, where ladies and gentlemen congregate, is a wonderful thing. :D

kbasa 01-22-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flood (Post 17804455)
:eyes

But honestly, we've all got other things to do as well, and when the Dakar or another big rally is on, I can't click in here for weeks. So hitting the "report" button is a good thing, it alerts us that something may or may not need attention. It's not necessarily a whiny thing. All in all, moderating Old's Cool and Racing, where ladies and gentlemen congregate, is a wonderful thing. :D

Yes, indeed.

Mista Vern 01-22-2012 04:01 PM

Looking forward to seeing how the new set up goes. Thanks for all your work and trouble, kbasa! :1drink

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:50 PM.