ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Nfl 2012... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770714)

Hodag 03-07-2012 10:18 AM

Nfl 2012...

peyton cut by the colts

wannaklr 03-07-2012 10:27 AM

Heading to Miami?

I think the bounty issue is going to get some huge fines and suspensions for a few coaches!

Bucs win the Superbowl!

You heard it here first.:lol3

Grainbelt 03-07-2012 10:34 AM

He's not nearly washed up enough for the Vikes to take a run at him.

Motoduc1 03-07-2012 10:50 AM

Dolphins got great play from Matt Moore last year. I say Manning goes to the Arizona Cardinals.

WaterWheel 03-07-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grainbelt (Post 18159373)
He's not nearly washed up enough for the Vikes to take a run at him.

You never know, he might not pass his physical.

Hodag 03-07-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterWheel (Post 18159524)
You never know, he might not pass his physical.

he's throwing around 80%
thats 30% higher than the vikes usually like them

Jurgen 03-07-2012 05:37 PM

Peyton from Colt to Bronc? :evil

shrineclown 03-07-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 18162457)

Keep dreaming..this is Snyder money time.

Murphy Slaw 03-08-2012 04:11 AM

Briggs, Urlacher, Peppers and Lovie, realizing this is their last chance, try to win a Superbowl.

:evil

pilot 03-08-2012 06:19 PM

Local sports radio reports the Chiefs are trying real hard to get him here.

]I)Money 03-08-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 18171071)
Local sports radio reports the Chiefs are trying real hard to get him here.

I hope they succeed, and then get a good prospect that they can groom over the next couple of years.

tkitna 03-08-2012 06:56 PM

He said he'd like to stay in the AFC which is good news to me. I'm a Seahawks fan and would prefer Seattle to NOT take him. The Hawks are already in a rebuilding stage so get a young guy and rebuild.

Jurgen 03-08-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 18162457)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrineclown (Post 18162927)
Keep dreaming..this is Snyder money time.

Keeping the dream alive.

The Broncos are interested in Peyton Manning and it makes perfect sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by YahooSports
Imagine for a second that you're John Elway. You're in charge of building the Denver Broncos into a championship contender, and Tim Tebow is currently your quarterback. You like and admire Tebow, but you have doubts about whether or not he'll develop into a legitimate passer, and if he can't, that the Tebow run-option offense will work forever.
Still in Elway's shoes, imagine what's going to happen to you if you have Tim Tebow on the bench to start the 2012 season. You'll spend the next six months scraping eggs off of every car on the lot at John Elway Chevrolet.
That is, unless, there's some kind of mega-star quarterback available. Someone who's mentioned in every conversation about the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. Someone against whom even the most devout Tebowite couldn't argue.
And hey, look at that ‒ there happens to be such a quarterback available.
There's no shortage of reports indicating that the Broncos are interested in Manning. Here are four of them.
[ Related: Peyton Manning free-agent firestorm could burn some team executives ]
If you're one of the people who believe that Tim Tebow is not the long-term answer at quarterback, you can make a pretty good argument that Denver needs Peyton Manning worse than anyone else does. The Broncos are going to sign someone. If it's not Manning, maybe it's Alex Smith or Jason Campbell. Maybe Donovan McNabb. Maybe they bring Kyle Orton back.
Imagine the revolt if someone from that group starts over Tebow. Not just from the fans, but from the locker room, too. Denver's season will be over before it starts. There is exactly one quarterback out there who gives the Broncos an upgrade at quarterback and squashes a Tebow-crazed revolt. Peyton Manning.
It might also be the best possible thing that can happen to Tebow. If you need to learn better throwing mechanics and the mental side of being a quarterback in the NFL, who better to observe than Peyton Manning? He's the prototype. If reading defenses was reading books, then Peyton Manning would be this lady, and Tim Tebow would be Dexter Manley.
Maybe it'll happen. Maybe it won't. It might be a good idea for the people of Denver to start wrapping their heads around the idea, though.

Sumo64c 03-09-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoduc1 (Post 18159500)
Dolphins got great play from Matt Moore last year. I say Manning goes to the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh hell yes, please make it happen and bring Reggie Wayne with you. Even if it doesn't happen we get rid of Kolb and go with Skelton. I'm looking forward to 2012 Cardinal football. :D

wannaklr 03-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 18172842)

That is a strong argument for Manning to Denver, but I have to ask. If Manning is considered as a great QB teacher why wasn't Painter better prepared. Manning out and they bring in Kerry Collins then turn to Painter. Doesn't bode well for Tebow as a student to Manning.

I still don't see Elway warming up to Tebow.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:26 AM.