ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Screaming Banshee (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772185)

gallowaystx 03-12-2012 10:53 AM

Screaming Banshee

http://bansheehorn.com/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...cycles-cars-an

Anybody installed this yet? I think it's pretty interesting. It solves one of my primary reservations about installing an air horn and adds some interesting functionality to boot.

I find it reasonably priced as well.

I am in NO way affiliated with these guys - I just posted this in the tiger 800 thread and thought this might be a more appropriate place for it.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

BlackBeast 03-12-2012 11:08 AM

Thanks for finding and posting this up. Interesting concept. :clap

gallowaystx 03-12-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBeast (Post 18198347)
Thanks for finding and posting this up. Interesting concept. :clap

Yeah - I thought so too. The ability to retain the "polite" horn is awesome, and the flashing lights is an excellent added functionality for when you are in "emergency" mode.

moggi1964 03-18-2012 07:31 PM

Has anyone got one of these yet? I would be interested to know what you think of it once you install one.

Snowkarver 03-19-2012 11:49 AM

AFAIK they haven't started shipping out yet. I'm one of the early purchasers on Kickstarter, and the last email I received said sometime in mid-March.

gallowaystx 03-19-2012 09:26 PM

Oh cool keep us posted - ill buy one pending reviews and as soon as somebody can figure out how to cleanly install one on a tiger 800.

moggi1964 03-20-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallowaystx (Post 18257534)
Oh cool keep us posted - ill buy one pending reviews and as soon as somebody can figure out how to cleanly install one on a tiger 800.

I'm thinking I'll get one for my Explorer. Love the idea.

worwig 03-20-2012 07:32 AM

Not sure why anyone would want any delay before the LOUD HORN. That is just that much more time for them to come over into your lane.

gallowaystx 03-20-2012 08:45 PM

Pretty sure the delay can be set for 1/2 or 1/4 second if desired - during which time the factory horn is sounding anyway.

I'll sacrifice that - if I'm giving a friendly toot to a passerby or someone spaced out at a light I'm on the horn for less than that. If I really want to get someone's attention though then I'll lay on the horn. The air horn would be great then.

1/4 second is very little time - I suspect if you needed that extra 0.25s of foghorn you might have more serious problems.

Just my opinion.

moggi1964 03-21-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallowaystx (Post 18266088)
Pretty sure the delay can be set for 1/2 or 1/4 second if desired - during which time the factory horn is sounding anyway.

I'll sacrifice that - if I'm giving a friendly toot to a passerby or someone spaced out at a light I'm on the horn for less than that. If I really want to get someone's attention though then I'll lay on the horn. The air horn would be great then.

1/4 second is very little time - I suspect if you needed that extra 0.25s of foghorn you might have more serious problems.

Just my opinion.

My feelings exactly.

I'm sure someone will post how much distance you are going to travel at x miles an hour in the 1/4 second ......... and I say that fortunately this device does not come with any law that says you HAVE to have it fitted so if you want to do and if you don't, well, don't!

Offcamber 03-21-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowkarver (Post 18252884)
AFAIK they haven't started shipping out yet. I'm one of the early purchasers on Kickstarter, and the last email I received said sometime in mid-March.

Same here...waiting on shipping....

Cataract2 03-22-2012 01:18 AM

Subscribing to this as I am interested in it for both my bikes.

BlackBeast 03-22-2012 05:27 AM

Anyone have this yet?

gallowaystx 03-22-2012 09:51 PM

Don't think it's shipped quite yet. Next couple of weeks I think.

Snowkarver 03-23-2012 08:32 AM

Just got an email from Peter. Should be shipping in about a week to ten days.

Quote:

We were hoping to have received all the components 10 days earlier but have been dealing with factory lead times, international shipping and customs procedures. We have learned a lot and now have this down for future sales.

Having said that, we now have everything we need to complete the full systems and get them to all backers. We have to assemble up all the parts but this*shouldn't*take us longer than about a week to fully complete, we will start shipping systems as soon as they are ready.

We have more than enough black horns but are still waiting on extra chrome horns to arrive. We will try to ship all chrome horns as soon as we possibly can

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:16 AM.