ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2013 Tiger 1050 SPORT (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773582)

Stickywicket 03-02-2012 03:28 PM

The 2013 Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 moves closer to reality!!
 
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...iger-sport.jpg

Story here

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...rt-1050-spied/

Jamming 03-02-2012 04:20 PM

Guess my Tiger 1050 is going the way of the dinosaur. That's alright she ain't going nowhere.

Hogslayer 03-02-2012 04:53 PM

The Duct Tape does it for me I want one.:evil

burgerking 03-02-2012 11:49 PM

So other than the single sided swing, what are the differences vs the normal 1050:ear

(does it have the Speed R engine?)

Eddy Alvarez 03-03-2012 05:37 AM

It's probably a comfy speed triple, awesome...

Vertical C 03-03-2012 05:59 AM

And a centrestand

Ze_zaskar 03-03-2012 06:18 AM

Doesn't this invalidates the hipotetical Explorer "Adventure"? Because with the Tiger Sport, the Explorer is the XC version, I think

Paulvt1 03-03-2012 07:56 AM

I reckon this'll be aimed at bikes like the Kwak Z1000SX and KTM's SMT.

NCGS 03-03-2012 01:40 PM

Makes sense.. now that Triumph has a true big-cc dual sport bike (1200 Adventure), they can stop trying to sell the 1050 Tiger as an on/off road bike.

The spy shot shows a single side swingarm, and a different front fairing, presumably to help with the dismal lighting the stock 1050s come with.

Turning the 1050 Tiger into a true 'upright sport touring bike' makes
perfect sense to me.. they already have the platform, they already have the motor, and they already have a single-side swingarm (Speed Triple).

Why not..

zuma 03-04-2012 03:08 AM

Mmm, looks like my sort of bike. I hope they move the exhaust from up high to improve pannier capacity on the rhs.

Sock Monkey 03-04-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ze_zaskar (Post 18125215)
Doesn't this invalidates the hipotetical Explorer "Adventure"? Because with the Tiger Sport, the Explorer is the XC version, I think

I don't think so. There's room for:
- Tiger "Sport" (pick the engine size...."old" 1050 or new 1215 w/ chain drive - i.e. what's in the spy shot above)
- Tiger Explorer w/ cast wheels, etc (1215 motor, shaft drive....this is the model already announced)
- Tiger Explorer "Trophy" (as I've heard it called) with wire wheels, crash bars, perhaps more fuel capacity, etc as stock from the factory (also 1215 motor, shaft drive, etc.)

This would trump BMW's line-up (Triumph's admitted target) because the "sporting" (or tarmac-focused) version of the R12GS is the same tall, hefty GS just with cast wheels. A smaller, more nimble Tiger Sport could be a nice addition to the "GS-equivalent" Explorer and Trophy offerings. :wink:

-SM

RaY YreKa 03-04-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ze_zaskar (Post 18125215)
Doesn't this invalidates the hipotetical Explorer "Adventure"? Because with the Tiger Sport, the Explorer is the XC version, I think

It replaces the Sprint, moving - as Paul says - against the SMT and the like. Sports-tourers like the VFR800 are becoming obselete.

RaY YreKa 03-04-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCGS (Post 18127866)
Makes sense.. now that Triumph has a true big-cc dual sport bike (1200 Adventure), they can stop trying to sell the 1050 Tiger as an on/off road bike.

The spy shot shows a single side swingarm, and a different front fairing, presumably to help with the dismal lighting the stock 1050s come with.

Turning the 1050 Tiger into a true 'upright sport touring bike' makes
perfect sense to me.. they already have the platform, they already have the motor, and they already have a single-side swingarm (Speed Triple).

Why not..

New swingarm, rear seat (luggage?), rear tyre size, fairing, headlights, and handle-bars. I think.

JBird 03-04-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray_rev (Post 18134120)
Sports-tourers like the VFR800 are becoming obselete.

The VFR became obsolete when Honda added V-Tec and took away the gear driven cams. They claimed customers didn't like the noise of the gear drive - yea right - we all complained about that!!!

RaY YreKa 03-04-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBird (Post 18135373)
The VFR became obsolete when Honda added V-Tec and took away the gear driven cams. They claimed customers didn't like the noise of the gear drive - yea right - we all complained about that!!!

Yup.

Let's count 'em: VFR, Falco, Sprint, Futura, GSX-F, and many more..gone.

Buh-bye.

It's amazing how slow the market reacted to BMW when you think about it.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014