ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tent Space Map (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776925)

stevejonesmo 03-28-2012 11:01 PM

Tent Space Map

Tent Space List the Map

The map is kept very current, updated usually every week or two. If it's been much longer please remind me.

To add your own tent space offer to the map, post to the "Tent Space Signup Thread". Your offer will appear on the map with the next update.

Here are the links you would use:Near the top of the map index pane (on the left) you can see the date the file was created, so you can tell how current it is.

Each location marker can be clicked, displaying a text box which contains the city and state or country, the ADVrider user name, the date the offer was last updated (or confirmed via the Double Check project) as well as a direct link back to the ADVrider.com signup post containing all available detail for that offer.

Or you can click on the offer in the index pane on the left to see the same text box.

Location markers are purposely not precise but are in close proximity usually within 5 miles or so. Contact the person offering the space for precise location.

Enjoy!

bete 03-29-2012 06:53 AM

Very nice, thanks. bete

brentde3 03-29-2012 06:57 AM

I've been using this lately whilst planning a trip. Thanks! :clap

FINNDIAN 03-29-2012 07:05 PM

Thanks for taking the time Steve. Hopefully this can become a sticky as the tent space thread is so outdated now.

thomas.tc.young 03-31-2012 11:28 AM

thanks steve this will make trip planing much easier

Laconic 03-31-2012 11:40 AM

Steve, this is a fantastic resource, very cool.

Thanks for doing it!

Jamie Z 05-17-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINNDIAN (Post 18336600)
Hopefully this can become a sticky as the tent space thread is so outdated now.

Good idea. Done.

Jamie

Feyala 05-17-2012 02:05 PM

Thank you so much for doing this! This map was super useful, especially as a KMZ file. My droid has issues with opening up the map in a browser, but it did great importing the KMZ file into Google Earth! :clap

Keep up the good work!

Xtremjeepn 05-20-2012 04:34 PM

Any tips for getting this to work with an iPad?

Don't have a computer. I'm on a trip right now and have been trying to use this with no success.

Thanks.

stevejonesmo 05-20-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn (Post 18729528)

Don't have a computer. I'm on a trip right now and have been trying to use this with no success.

I just tried it on my wife's ipad, using the Safari browser, and it worked fine except it wouldn't display the map and the index at the same time, I had to toggle between them. Beyond that I don't know what to tell you... I'm not much of an ipad whiz.

But Google Earth does have an Ipad app... I imagine that should work to open up the kmz file for you. Can you give that a try?

Xtremjeepn 05-20-2012 05:31 PM

I've tried it with the browser and with google earth. It comes up with the locations but only loads a blank white box when trying to view the post.

Currently trying this from a coffee shop in Sedona, AZ :lol3

Jamie Z 05-20-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn (Post 18729528)

Works on my iPhone, which should be roughly the same as the iPad.

You say you can view the map with the icons, but when you click on the link to the post you get a blank screen?

Sounds like it might be a setting somewhere involving links. If you go into settings under Safari, there's an option for where to open links. For what it's worth, mine is set to "in a new page." I've also got JavaScript turned on. I don't know if those settings will help, but it's worth a try.

Jamie

stevejonesmo 05-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn (Post 18729886)
I've tried it with the browser and with google earth. It comes up with the locations but only loads a blank white box when trying to view the post.

I went back and tried it on my wife's ipad again and it opened the links fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn (Post 18729886)
Currently trying this from a coffee shop in Sedona, AZ :lol3

Well there's your problem. They got vortexes out there :)

Xtremjeepn 05-20-2012 11:26 PM

Thanks. Would not work at all earlier. Works fine now, must have been a connection issue. :lol3

createAbang 05-24-2012 08:25 AM

Thanks!

Excellent resource. Thanks for all your work and thanks to all the ADVers who are offering hospitality and support.:thumb

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:26 AM.